Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    Incredible Member

So we're nerd raging at things we don't know are happening.

Quote Originally Posted by yet another View Post
    It's the name of the linked to article.

So yes, Alonso did not say that exact phrase (my bad for giving that impression), though I think it also serves as a pretty accurate summary of everything he did say there. After you have accounted for the usual pre-event hyperbole at least!
    Fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post

You see what you want to see. There are plenty of good stories happening right now. I'm reading three Marvel comics with great writing at the moment.

-Pav, who just doesn't get all the worrying and complaining...
    So am I. Loving Daredevil, Silver Surfer, Angela, and G3000. Still doesnt change my point. Which is that most of marvel has become PC and caters to "new readers" and changes things based on the movies (guardians). These are all facts. Doesnt mean there isnt quality books among the dreck.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    These are all facts.
    When someone claims to "know the facts", my ears perk up.

most of marvel has become PC
    And you're thinking of - what? The fact that Marvel is trying to create more diversity amongst their major characters?

and caters to "new readers"
    When did they not do this? Was there a time when they were like, "No way, dude! We do not want new readers!"

and changes things based on the movies (guardians).
    Sure, I guess so. Putting Hulk back on the Avengers would be another example, too.

Okay, so yeah - I'll stand by you that these are facts. But I don't think they are negatives - especially Marvel diversifying their characters. I'm happy to see them actually trying to portray their world as similar to ours rather than the white-wash that has historically prevailed throughout comic book history.

As Sheryl Crow once sang, "I think a change would do you good."

-Pav, who tends to be a glass half-full kind of guy though...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Orbus View Post
    So we're nerd raging at things we don't know are happening.
    Yeah, people want to be negative tbh. They should just simmer down and drink.

Fantastic Member

Well it's not like they say stuff like this everytime there's a company-wide event and things stays mostly the same afterwards...

I have no problem with diversity. I just wish it was new characters rather than replacing current characters with a variant version.

For example:

Kamala Khan: Awesome

Sam Alexander: Horrible
    Last edited by Drakeon; 04-25-2015 at 09:20 PM.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

I have been thinking a lot about what Marvel has been saying about Secret Wars and those tie-in titles they're releasing (X-Men '92, Years of Future Past, The Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows, etc.). If I use all of the information we have and try to predict what Marvel is doing, while trying to stick to a conclusion grounded in common sense, I think I have a pretty good prediction.

What I think will happen is that once the incusrion between Marvel 616 and the Ultimate universe happens, and Battleworld is created, the next eight pieces of the story will play out like a survival of the fittest scenario. I say for that for lack of a better way of describing it because I can see a lot of anger in characters over their world being destroyed, which will lead to fights, which will end up with one version of a hero "winning" and that version (or maybe multiple versions in some cases) will be the one(s) that continues on to the All-New Marvel universe. You will have characters that may not want to fight and they may be the one who get to continue on because they outsmarted themselves... so to speak (or found another path to the new universe).

As for the birth of all-new universe I feel there will some wrinkle in the theory that both worlds die in the incursion. Earth 616 and ultimate Earth probably do "die" but it is their end that births a new Earth (Or the Beyonder simply shows up and surprises us with some stupid magical mcguffin that somehow creates a new Earth form nothing... but that would be lame and I would disaprove). However, this new Earth... is... going to have some inhabitants of it's own. I honestly feel that there will new version of super heroes born on the new Earth, so let's say Falcon (Captain Falcon? Captain America 2.0? Captain... dude... guy? I don't read Captain America anymore...) gets to move on to the new Earth. Steve Rogers doesn't. So we have Captain America flying around saving the world... until... Steve Rogers from New Earth shows up. I'm not saying this exact scenario will happen. It's not necessarily Captain America, but could be James Howlett. No need to revive Wolverine, because a Weapon X program has happened there on the new Earth" and a Wolverine 2.0 was created from it.

As for the heroes who survive and continue on the new Earth it will be like starting over. Yes, they are who they are. No history has changed, but you have to remember the new readers. You can't leave them out of this new world. That history, doesn't matter. Their past is still intact, they're still who they are and always will be. It just doesn't matter anymore. They're beginning a new life on a new world. They're learning what it means to be a hero here all over again.

So there you have my predictions. They could all be wrong... but I'd be surprised if I didn't hit on some concepts we actually see in this "All-New Marvel" universe.

In the newewst solicitation for Silver Surfer it says that the Surfer is given the power to recreate the universe while Dawn Greenwood gets to recreate earth.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by AHall88 View Post
    I think we'll get a new mainstream universe and all new alt. universes, but things will be very similar to how they are now, with some changes.
    I don't think we'll get all new origins for everyone or anything that drastic, but what do I know? I'm just along for the ride.
    This isn't going to be a Star Wars style reboot where everything that came before (in the Expanded Universe) is thrown out the window. This is going to be a "5 years later" style reboot most of what came before COULD be canon, if you so desire, but it will be a clean up of the niggly parts of the canon to harmonize it moving forward.
    Currently Reading
    Amazing Spider-Man, Avengers, Avenging Spider-Man, Captain America, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, FF, Journey Into Mystery, New Avengers, New Mutants, Scarlet Spider, Venom, Wolverine, Ultimate Comics Spider-Man, Ultimate Comics Ultimates, Ultimate Comics X-Men, Uncanny X-Men, X-Men

I will keep an eye on how Secret Wars unfolds and what changes and titles come out of it.
    I have no plans or wish to read any right now, but will follow via the internet and maybe
    after the dust clears, maybe I will find a few new titles of interest before Christmas.