Page 87 of 108 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 1620
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/captain-marvel-l...gns-interview/

Return Future altenative Captain Marvel End
    Characters look like they were made off heromachine 😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by AndersonHoran View Post
    Looks promising. I'm glad it's set after Carol saved the sun, we all know she's able to save it without having to kill herself.
    Well that was done by future Carol for all we know she’s still dead, be nice to know she didn’t die jumpstarting the sun. But the whole power of a star thing makes sense to why she would in my opinion. So it doesn’t bother me much now.

BANNED

I always wanted to see Jane Thor and Carol interact I don’t think they ever did when Jane was operating as Thor and thats a shame in my opinion.

The Inhumans are a definite for me. I think Mar-Vell had a couple team ups with Black Bolt. So I’d definitely love to see more Carol/Royal Inhuman Family. They’re kind of like ancient distant cousins in a way.

The Heralds? Could be fun. Seeing her team up with Surfer or Firelord.

Almost slipped my mind but definite Phyla-Vell

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    I always wanted to see Jane Thor and Carol interact I don’t think they ever did when Jane was operating as Thor and thats a shame in my opinion.

The Inhumans are a definite for me. I think Mar-Vell had a couple team ups with Black Bolt. So I’d definitely love to see more Carol/Royal Inhuman Family. They’re kind of like ancient distant cousins in a way.

The Heralds? Could be fun. Seeing her team up with Surfer or Firelord.

Almost slipped my mind but definite Phyla-Vell
    Jane Thor and Carol were two of the 8 people who survived Time Runs Out, and were on Reed’s Lifeboat together into the Secret Wars event.

In fact, Carol and Jane were the only female survivors.

Incredible Member AndersonHoran's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    Characters look like they were made off heromachine ����

Well that was done by future Carol for all we know she’s still dead, be nice to know she didn’t die jumpstarting the sun. But the whole power of a star thing makes sense to why she would in my opinion. So it doesn’t bother me much now.
    She has saved the sun once, i get it was a 'the end' story but it's worth to remember that since ewing pretty much forgot in empyre.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Jane Thor and Carol were two of the 8 people who survived Time Runs Out, and were on Reed’s Lifeboat together into the Secret Wars event.

In fact, Carol and Jane were the only female survivors.
    Carol was also there for the big female hero moment at the end of the first Jane volume, I believe.

Mighty Member

Sooo how has the Carol/Rhodey relationship been going?

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

The best relationship thus far is the one between Carol and Jess (Drew). Everything else just seems kinda...there. Although I’m enjoying Hazmat’s development.

And Lauri-Ell is also great.

I personally don't care about Rhodes, it seems he's just there because they need o give her a male love interest to please certain people. Althought Carol was never the romantic type, she always put her job in the first place, so that's why her relationship with Rhodes is not something important in her life.

Am I the only one that like the Carol/Rhodey relationship. He seems super supportive and they have a lot in common. And when they are together you get to see a different side to Carol.

Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    Am I the only one that like the Carol/Rhodey relationship. He seems super supportive and they have a lot in common. And when they are together you get to see a different side to Carol.
    He's a nice guy, but CarolJess will always be my fav relationship

I don't hate it but I feel like they could be doing more with the relationship then just having Rhodey be around as Carol's supportive boyfriend that she occasionally smooches with. Like, even when Thompson first introduced it no one's really explored the relationship in-depth that much.
    Quote Originally Posted by AndersonHoran View Post
    I personally don't care about Rhodes, it seems he's just there because they need o give her a male love interest to please certain people. Althought Carol was never the romantic type, she always put her job in the first place, so that's why her relationship with Rhodes is not something important in her life.
    I wouldn't say she's not romantic, she's had quite a few love interests, but I guess she is a bit of a "work first, relationship later" type.

Some fans on twitter were talking about CarolJess x CarolRhodes and Kelly pretty much hinted that Marvel is the one pushing CarolRhodes

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't hate it but I feel like they could be doing more with the relationship then just having Rhodey be around as Carol's supportive boyfriend that she occasionally smooches with. Like, even when Thompson first introduced it no one's really explored the relationship in-depth that much.
    At least this time around the relationship is at least getting some exploration and panel time. When they first put Carol and Rhodey together, it was entirely out of the blue (the relationship had developed during a time jump between volumes), it required dropping the love interest that the previous volume had spent time building up...and then they immediately launched Carol into space for an extended period, so she had Rhodey were doing the long distance thing and not interacting at all for most of the run. It was bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wouldn't say she's not romantic, she's had quite a few love interests, but I guess she is a bit of a "work first, relationship later" type.
    Although it has yet to get much in-depth development, the Carol/Rhodey pairing is actually Carol's first successful ongoing romance on-panel since she became Ms. Marvel! Her love life has been a royal mess throughout her publication history.

She was introduced as a love interest for Mar-Vell, but that was dropped when they decided to spin her off as a superhero herself.

The original MS. MARVEL run gave her Mike Barnett but he was more of a friend-with-benefits than an actual boyfriend (partly because Claremont was at times a bit inconsistent about how intimate they were), but ultimately Barnett wanted them to become a more serious couple and Carol just didn't feel that way about him--and then he got murdered by Mystique.

Frank Gianelli was also introduced in that run, but was more of a friend than a love interest at that point (although they did share one kiss). DeConnick brought him back in Carol's first CAPTAIN MARVEL run and set him up as a love interest for Carol...but just as the relationship seemed about to blossom, it was tossed aside off-panel between volumes.

During her original AVENGERS stint Carol had sexual tension and flirtation with Wonder Man, but it didn't go anywhere at that point. She also had some playful flirtation with Captain America and Tony Stark, but it wasn't anything serious.

Then came her time as Binary, and she had no known love life during that period.

When she rejoined the Avengers in Busiek's run he had the Vision ask her out and they casually dated for a short time--but that was more of a friendship than a romance. There was also the Scarlet Centurion as a tragic love interest during the Kang War storyline. He and Carol might have had a good romance--but due to the fact that he looked exactly like the Marcus Immortus who kidnapped and raped her, she couldn't bring herself to ever trust him or her attraction to him.

Brian Reed's MS. MARVEL run implied an off-panel fling between Carol and Johnny Storm in the first issue of his run (Carol made a comment about avoiding the FF after an embarrassing weekend in Vegas with Johnny), but it was just a throwaway line that never got followed up on at all. He gave Carol a love triangle by bringing back the Wonder Man sexual tension and introducing a new civilian love interest named William Wagner. Bendis picked up on the Carol/Simon thing in his MIGHTY AVENGERS run--but started writing them as an actual couple while Carol's solo book still had them in a will they/won't they dynamic since she was torn between the two suitors. Both of those relationships were abruptly dropped around the time of "Secret Invasion"--William was killed off, and Carol slept with Wonder Man to distract herself from her emotional issues at the time...and then apparently broke up with him since he was not seen again for the rest of the series. There has never been any on-panel resolution to their fling.

Presumably both of those relationships were dumped so summarily because Reed wanted to introduce a Carol/Spidey flirtation. That ended up going nowhere--and mainly seemed to be an excuse for Reed to have Spider-Man guest star a lot.

And that's it until Carol became Captain Marvel and ended up with Rhodey. So yeah--prior to Rhodey, Carol's on-panel love life has mainly been false starts and brief flings.