Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Don't know, Kate has still not much of an established relation with any of the "Batgirls" and "Robins", which puts her more at the fringe of the Batfamily (similar to charcters like Luke Fox and Jean-Paul).
    That's simply not true. She and Barbara are fairly good friends, she literally was on a team with Tim, and she and Jason get along relatively well. I'm not going to say that any of those are the deepest of relationships, but they're far from minor, and Kate leaving the role of Batwoman for whatever reason would not be a small event.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    That's simply not true. She and Barbara are fairly good friends, she literally was on a team with Tim, and she and Jason get along relatively well. I'm not going to say that any of those are the deepest of relationships, but they're far from minor, and Kate leaving the role of Batwoman for whatever reason would not be a small event.
    She and Babs are more good co-workers than good friends in my opinion. She and Tim seemed more cordial than close on the 'Tec team.
    Don't know, Kate has still not much of an established relation with any of the "Batgirls" and "Robins", which puts her more at the fringe of the Batfamily (similar to charcters like Luke Fox and Jean-Paul).
    Well, she, Cass, and Steph were on the same team, and she and Cass were...marginally close?

Extraordinary Member

That's simply not true. She and Barbara are fairly good friends, she literally was on a team with Tim, and she and Jason get along relatively well. I'm not going to say that any of those are the deepest of relationships, but they're far from minor,
    In the others have at least a relatively strong relation to some of the others, Kate imo doesn't have that.
    That's why I compare her with Luke and Jean-Paul, they also get along with the others, but don't have particularly deep relations or much on panel interactions with them (I mean Luke has even dated Barbara and they don't have much of an established relation).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, she, Cass, and Steph were on the same team, and she and Cass were...marginally close?
    But how much interaction was there between them on panel? IIRC barely any.
    There was far more memorable interaction between Cass and Clayface than between Cass and Kate.

Incredible Member

I think having her going back into the military would totally put her into full limbo treatment given it's basically equivalent to retiring her.

I always temper my expectations when people tout a "strong Batfamily."
    If they ship kate to the military then she can join fellow exile Bette there
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

"Quit? Like hell I will"- Bette Kane, Beast Boy #3

Incredible Member

That's not what I'm saying. I'm not talking about actual family relationships so much.

If Tynion intends for a "robust" Batfamily that's "healing," then having one of those members leave in the middle of that runs counter to that goal; it would actively sabotage it. Kate being Bruce's literal family isn't the point, but would exacerbate things in that regard. Can you imagine that happening and none of the others reacting to it at all? Even if it's just something relatively non-drastic like a break? It would be a major event.
    Well Bruce is already treating his cousins like crap
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

I really, REALLY don't want that Kate is replaced. Come on, DC, the Ryan Wilder thing was a stupid decision from the beginning, just let the CW deal with it.

Incredible Member

She has a strong relationship with Tim, Dick, Cass, Steph, and Bette. That's 3 Robins and 3 Batgirls.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aramis View Post
    I really, REALLY don't want that Kate is replaced. Come on, DC, the Ryan Wilder thing was a stupid decision from the beginning, just let the CW deal with it.
    I actually am interested in Ryan

Some ideas:
    She teams up with the Question and takes the name Miss Tery/Mystery

She teams up with Mr. Terrific and becomes Miss Terrific

She takes a job as security at Arkham Asylum or Blackgate

She becomes pregnant

A mystery villain attacked her and put into a coma and now the Batfamily or just Wilder has to figure out who did it

She infiltrates a crime organization (Royal Flush Gang, Court of Owls, etc...) as her socialite self.

A scientist kidnaps her and experiments on her

She dies and travels through time

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Some ideas:

She becomes pregnant

A mystery villain attacked her and put into a coma and now the Batfamily or just Wilder has to figure out who did it

She infiltrates a crime organization (Royal Flush Gang, Court of Owls, etc...) as her socialite self.

I vote for the Question teacup

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukiakari1203 View Post
    She has a strong relationship with Tim, Dick, Cass, Steph, and Bette. That's 3 Robins and 3 Batgirls.
    The only one I'd really call strong is Bette and Bettie also pretty peripheral to the rest of the Batfamily.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Some ideas:

She becomes pregnant

wouldn't hate

Not a fan since they just had Ms Terrific pop up in the Terrifics and I would hope when/if she comes back she'll do that again. plus, I don't think she fits the Terrific's vibe

Security seems too menial, why not have her run the joint? I would be down for that, and it 1000% keeps her around because you always need Arkham and Blackgate.

that....seems like it would be problematic.

coma, next to death, seem like worst possible way to take her off the board; especially as a way to prop up Bruce or Ryan or the family overall. I would see that narrative work for a disappearance (like they're apparently doing on the show) rather than a coma.

Infiltration seems too short term

getting experimented on by a mad scientist could yield some interesting results given (again not a Kate expert) that Batwoman appears to lean more toward the more gothic, occult, and quasi-supernatural aesthetics; she was just in Gotham City Monsters.

(see coma)
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 10-23-2020 at 01:09 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Incredible Member

The only one I'd really call strong is Bette and Bettie also pretty peripheral to the rest of the Batfamily.
    Poor Bette, let her bond with her family.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    getting experimented on by a mad scientist could yield some interesting results given (again not a Kate expert) that Batwoman appears to lean more toward the more gothic, occult, and quasi-supernatural aesthetics; she was just in Gotham City Monsters.
    Kate having mystical powers would be cool!

Kate being Bruce's literal family isn't the point, but would exacerbate things in that regard. Can you imagine that happening and none of the others reacting to it at all? Even if it's just something relatively non-drastic like a break? It would be a major event.

Who knows how successful that intention will end up being, but I don't think Tynion would deliberately make it harder by doing that, especially as someone with a recent and fairly lengthy tenure on the character.
    The same writer who had Clayface die, then had him inexplicably alive again after the fallout, in the same arc?

The same company who had Julia Pennyworth absent from her own father's funeral? She didn't even get a mention in 'Pennyworth RIP'.