Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

I didn’t know I wanted this so much until it was announced, and now I can’t wait to read it! Totally unexpected, but totally awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Wonder if they are going to try and make her look like her movie counterpart with the afro and reverse skin tone eventually in the book.

But yeah, I do hope it doesn't become too SJW-y and Domino doesn't becomes a mouthpiece. I think Gail is better than that, but so many female solo books at Marvel over the last handful of years really fall into that trap I think.
    America and Hellcat...and...?

Amazing Member

Definitely getting canceled

Quote Originally Posted by shadowbox View Post
    Thanks for the contribution

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by shadowbox View Post
    Out of the roughly 60-70 titles being published by Marvel, maybe ten, MAYBE ten, will still be running in 2 years. And that's if we're counting crap like Carol Danvers, which will have 2 new number ones by that time but still be a Carol Danvers solo or semi-solo and therefore technically a continuance from today.

Ten is probably too high.

Point is: everything gets canceled in today's market so your snide is pointless.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Wonder if they are going to try and make her look like her movie counterpart with the afro and reverse skin tone eventually in the book.

But yeah, I do hope it doesn't become too SJW-y and Domino doesn't becomes a mouthpiece. I think Gail is better than that, but so many female solo books at Marvel over the last handful of years really fall into that trap I think.
    That's the LAST thing that should happen and she's been away from Cable for several years now so if anything happens between them he should show up for a guest star and all, Colossus is probably going to marry Kitty and be far to busy I hope...

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Apparentl Gail saw Pak's work on Domino in Weapon X, and said his writing for her is the reason she wanted to do this book.
    https://twitter.com/GailSimone/statu...91086295789568
    Pak has spoken to her about her plans, and loves them.

Anyone who thinks Domino is caricatured or one-note in Weapon X, may not be happy here. Because it seems Gail is gonna possibly be following his vision of the character. And for shippers, she may be carrying over the Warpath deal if she's liking Pak's take on her.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 01-06-2018 at 09:05 AM.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Apparentl Gail saw Pak's work on Domino in Weapon X, and said his writing for her is the reason she wanted to do this book.
    https://twitter.com/GailSimone/statu...91086295789568
    Pak has spoken to her about her plans, and loves them.

Anyone who thinks Domino is a caricatured or one-note in Weapon X, may not be happy here. Because it seems Gail is gonna possibly be following his vision of the character. And for shippers, she may be carrying over the Warpath deal if she's liking Pak's take on her.
    I stopped reading WEAPON X after issue 6 or so. Does Domino change after that? Up to then she seemed like a ditz to me laughing at all of Sabretooth's "jokes" and being a little too like air headed for my liking
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    I stopped reading WEAPON X after issue 6 or so. Does Domino change after that? Up to then she seemed like a ditz to me laughing at all of Sabretooth's "jokes" and being a little too like air headed for my liking
    She's still a ditz. And her love of money has been amped up to Mr. Krabs levels. This last chapter she mentions wanting to rob a bank for easy money. The team starts talking about something else. So Domino speaks up "I know, lets rob a bank." And Deathstrike tells her she just said that. Warpath gets a distress message from Santo Marco and Domino gets excited at all the drug money they can rob from their bank. That's all her lines consisted of this chapter. She's also starting a random hook-up / relationship with Warpath.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 01-05-2018 at 10:20 PM.

She's still a ditz. And her love of money has been amped up to Mr. Krabs levels. This last chapter she mentions wanting to rob a bank for easy money. The team starts talking about something else. So Domino speaks up "I know, lets rob a bank." And Deathstrike tells her she just said that. Warpath gets a distress message from Santo Marco and Domino gets excited at all the drug money they can rob from their bank. That's all her lines consisted of this chapter. She's also starting a random hook-up / relationship with Warpath.
    I'm sorry, I cackled. They did NOT. This is a joke right? They wouldn't? OMG. They turned her into Boom Boom circa Nextwave?

BANNED

So happy for Domino!

Quote Originally Posted by silence. View Post
    I'm sorry, I cackled. They did NOT. This is a joke right? They wouldn't? OMG. They turned her into Boom Boom circa Nextwave?
    Everything mentioned in my post is true.

If ya haven't read Weapon X. My suggestion is Don't. lol

I have not liked any of Pak's work on the X-Men other than Magneto: Testament.

I wish this had been Dazzler instead. Simone could do for Ali what she did for Black Canary.

But I'm happy for Domino fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    I have not liked any of Pak's work on the X-Men other than Magneto: Testament.
    How could you not love X-Treme?

BANNED

She's supposed to be more of a smart ass...like she was in that Scarlet Witch team up.