Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Dark Knights: Metal #1 Preview

Preview of Dark Knights: Metal #1.

Lots of familiar faces popping up in this book.

Already more interesting than anything that has been done with the Justice League since Rebirth.

BANNED

Red Tornado is back! Freaking finally. Of course, much like the other part of this I'm really looking forward to, Zinda, I'm left fearing that they're gonna screw him up. (Not having his family in the picture would be a very easy way to do this.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Capullo art is just so good. Red Tornado making an appearance was unexpected. Please activate him so he can join the JL. Speating of familiar faces, Capullo has been dropping some art previews abd Zatanna, Constantine, and Green Arrow are supposedly showing up. I know the Blackhawks but not familiar with the the people shown. Did not expect the Multiverse map to be used in the actual comics.

So we've got:

- Mongul holding a kid prisoner while the League fight in his arena.

- Is that a new Lady Blackhawk? The picture has classic Zinda in it, blonde hair and all, while the female Blackhawk looks nothing like her.

- TO Morrow and Will Magnus with Red Tornado and the Metal Men.

- The Will Payton Starman.

- Red Tornado with the classic Challengers of the Unknown.

- Red Tornado in a trophy case.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So we've got:

- Is that a new Lady Blackhawk? The picture has classic Zinda in it, blonde hair and all, while the female Blackhawk looks nothing like her.

Oh cool didn't know who that flying man was or those people in purple. It seems like the JL and that little boy are the only humans. Could that little boy be Billy? Also that panel of Mongul laughing is everuthing. It reminds me of a meme.

BANNED

Is that Billy batson with Mongul? That would be awesome.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

So we've got:

could that kid be Shazam? And man, this looks hype. It's funny people keep trying to devalue the importance of this event because it's not dealing with the rebirth plotlines, but seeing everything going on here, I don't know how anyone could not be excited anyways as it's clear this will affect the DCU.

I like the appearance of the Morrison Multiverse Map, with the comic-book simple explanation that the "Dark Multiverse" is "on the other side of the map."

It's so silly that it makes you giggle, but it does neatly dance around the "how does this all fit" question.

The next cosmic event will take place in the folds of the map, and the one after that will be in the empty spaces ABOVE the map...

My first instinct was that the kid is Billy. If so I can only cross my fingers that Johns' recent influence is a positive for once and his Shazam origin is still in place.

But damn, why is the art in the arena scenes so harsh? Its pretty bad, not what I'd expect from Capullo. The other panels look much better.

In any case this is the first preview of any of this Metal/Dark Multiverse stuff to have me even remotely interested. I'll try this out but this will probably be my benchmark; if it doesn't do much for me I won't bother with anything else.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 07-07-2017 at 12:42 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I thought it was Billy because he's the only major kid-character I could see involved in a DC story like this, and the hair matches up, but at the same time...why isn't he transforming into Shazam?

Personally I thought Mongul just kidnapped Jon but I could see it being Billy, I mean we are already bringing back so many characters already why not Billy. I am certainly excited by the Red Tornado being back, and whoever else this story will bring back to the fold.

I will say that I find it odd that Morrison's multiversity map is actually canon in the DCU as a literal map, especially when they stick with the original art which really makes it stand out. Also makes me wonder who made the map?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I thought it was Billy because he's the only major kid-character I could see involved in a DC story like this, and the hair matches up, but at the same time...why isn't he transforming into Shazam?
    Maybe something that happens in the castings? Idk..

Quote Originally Posted by ducklord View Post
    I like the appearance of the Morrison Multiverse Map, with the comic-book simple explanation that the "Dark Multiverse" is "on the other side of the map."

It's so silly that it makes you giggle, but it does neatly dance around the "how does this all fit" question.

The next cosmic event will take place in the folds of the map, and the one after that will be in the empty spaces ABOVE the map...
    so basically Snyder watched Stranger Things and said "i have an idea for a story!"

Extraordinary Member

Of all the faces to pop up, I did not expect Will Payton. So I guess this means the Starman legacy is back in continuity?