View Poll Results: Should Wanda Maimoff stand trial fot her role in House of M ?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

53 48.18%
  • No

57 51.82%
Page 91 of 123 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 1837

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    Her getting over it happened in an annual it think? When she remembered after her memory was wiped.
    I remember it in Avengers West Coast. I don't remember issue numbers or if it were an annual.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    She’ll see that mutantcy really does have a culture. Polaris would at least attempt to reach out to her. Kurt will know don’t flirt with her. Will it be hard on her, sure. But it’s the best way to amend fences.

Heck. Put her on a team with Kurt, Exodus, Gorgon, and Toad. That would be interesting.
    Given the last time they saw each other Polaris made it abundantly clear where she stands with her sister and given how she has acted in this life I very much doubt any attempts at reconciliation on Lorna's part are going to happen even if Wanda does her best to reconcile, as someone pointed out, Lorna will not let go... which tbh feels a bit hypocritical given that she went crazy once, was possessed and has hurt X-men too though many will argue the scale is not the same but the point should still be considereded should it not?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Sinister stripped all mutant on the planet of their powers. He did exactly what Wanda did. He didn't even have any excuse about being used, or under stress, or tapping into powers he didn't understand. He just thought it would be a good idea to do so. He wasn't sorry about it either.
    So did the High Evolutionary if i recall but i don't see him being hunted and persecuted.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    going to doom is going for forbidden magics, otherwise you go to strange or agatha harkness
    Strange wouldn't do it because it would upset the natural order...then he would go with his Iluminatti buddies and upset the natural order. And Harkness has been dead for a while I believe.

Can we just all agreed that Bendis tends to really screw up characters and not do his homework on them?
    Given how he messed up X=men, Guardians and now Superman, yes he really does know how to f'up royally.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    You know you're not wrong I mean took Scott and Jean all of 2 seconds to claim the kid version of their son who murdered the older version they knew for years so..... Family is Complicated.
    And let's not forget that Jean didn't seem that distraught that Rachel got captured and enslaved by Ahab again...so yeah that was a major issue for me tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    HOW did this make it past the editors?
    There are no editors in Marvel and if they are there then they are just puppets of the establishment.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    And let's not forget that Jean didn't seem that distraught that Rachel got captured and enslaved by Ahab again...so yeah that was a major issue for me tbh.
    Jean always wanted a boy.

So did the High Evolutionary if i recall but i don't see him being hunted and persecuted.
    Well, Mr. Sinister working with High Evolutionary but at least High Evolutionary went "you know what, I think I was wrong. This is a bad idea," while Sinister was going "Nope. This is EXACTLY what I wanted to happen."

The High Evolutionary story was a 3 issue arc which was filler during a transitional period. He reversed what he did within that same story so it wasnt a status quo the X-men or eaders ever had to deal with especially since there was a 6 month gap right after it. Any fallout out from that story would have taken place during that lost time. Its not directly comparable to deciMation which dealt with the direct aftermath of what Wanda did and she did not reverse her actions. DeciMation and its after effects is still felt in the X-books today. Do people really not get why one story is significant and the other is not?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The High Evolutionary story was a 3 issue arc which was filler during a transitional period. He reversed what he did within that same story so it wasnt a status quo the X-men or eaders ever had to deal with especially since there was a 6 month gap right after it. Any fallout out from that story would have taken place during that lost time. Its not directly comparable to deciMation which dealt with the direct aftermath of what Wanda did and she did not reverse her actions. DeciMation and its after effects is still felt in the X-books today. Do people really not get why one story is significant and the other is not?
    I get why one story is more significant, but that doesn't mean the actions of the character in universe should be ignored.

As for not reversing her actions, she offered to help, Cyclops said no. Then she was vital in controlling the Phoenix in AvX which DID undo what she did.

I get why one story is more significant, but that doesn't mean the actions of the character in universe should be ignored.

As for not reversing her actions, she offered to help, Cyclops said no. Then she was vital in controlling the Phoenix in AvX which DID undo what she did.
    Yet to this day there are depowered mutants due to the decimation?
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

BANNED

Strange wouldn't do it because it would upset the natural order...then he would go with his Iluminatti buddies and upset the natural order. And Harkness has been dead for a while I believe.
    shoulda listened to strange lmao

Basically you want fans to have the same energy for High Evolutionary that they have for Scarlet Witch. That will not happen for the reasons I laid out. You cant expect fans to be mad over a 3 issue filler story with no consequences over a defining status quo that affected years worth of story and the characters that had to deal with it. Anyone that creates a thread wanting the High Evolutionary to stand trial for what happened 20 years ago isnt likely to get much traction

No it didnt. All AvX did was allow new mutations to activate. It did not reactivate the X-Gene in characters that were depowered by her. Those that were activated after AvX had never had the experience of being mutants and didnt suffer that lost from Wanda in deciMation. Repowering the mutants that Wanda affected is a current plot point in the new status quo. She never undid what she did

Then she was vital in controlling the Phoenix in AvX which DID undo what she did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    No it didnt. All AvX did was allow new mutations to activate. It did not reactivate the X-Gene in characters that were depowered by her. Those that were activated after AvX had never had the experience of being mutants and didnt suffer that lost from Wanda in deciMation. Repowering the mutants that Wanda affected is a current plot point in the new status quo. She never undid what she did
    this brings up an interesting question. well, maybe its already been brought up , i haven't read the entire thread lol

but could Wanda have feasibly undone the decimation ? there's probably a decent in-text reason as to why she couldn't that im not remembering. But if she couldn't I feel like re-activating the x-gene was a great step towards righting her wrongs, its too bad she suddenly adopted a holier than thou attitude immediately after. AvX Wanda seemed pretty repentant . Re-igniting the gene via phoenix + chaos magic I guess and then actively working to rehabilitate/restore depowered mutants would have worked as an apology