Page 96 of 111 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 1655

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I was going to bring this up. The next issue of Avengers has to do with Mephisto so we should get more of an idea of were this is heading. Also you are correct. We can’t be 100% sure that this will turn out in Tony’s favor because lately it hasn’t been going out heroes way.
    I just hope Meph is pulling a fast one and is screwing with Tony. Maybe he wants Tony to doubt himself when he has his final confrontation with the Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I just hope Meph is pulling a fast one and is screwing with Tony. Maybe he wants Tony to doubt himself when he has his final confrontation with the Avengers.
    I’m thinking that’s exactly what he wants. For Tony to doubt himself and this is the perfect time if you’ve been reading Iron Man. Tony isn’t in the right headspace to deal with the villains he’s dealing with now much less Mephisto. I’m not saying Tony can’t outsmart Mephisto, but he’s at a low point right now.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder what the next conflict they'll update the origin with .
    It'll never need updating again, as now they're using a fictional war as the origin. See History of the Marvel Universe.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Iron Man goes MMA in newest issue.
    https://www.cbr.com/iron-man-absorbing-man-mma-fight/
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It'll never need updating again, as now they're using a fictional war as the origin. See History of the Marvel Universe.
    Oh shitt! Really? Damnn

I’m thinking that’s exactly what he wants. For Tony to doubt himself and this is the perfect time if you’ve been reading Iron Man. Tony isn’t in the right headspace to deal with the villains he’s dealing with now much less Mephisto. I’m not saying Tony can’t outsmart Mephisto, but he’s at a low point right now.
    Poor Tony, all these villains messing up him mind. I do think his dad is Tonys ultimate weakness and the fact Mephisto is using Howard that is just going to wreck Tony. I wonder will it tie to Cantwell Iron Man run?
    Yikes, my grammar has gone to ****. Rip

Iron Man battles a Spider-Man villain.
    https://www.cbr.com/iron-man-cardiac...villain-fight/
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 10-26-2020 at 10:34 PM.

Iron Man is checked by Netflix hero.
    https://www.cbr.com/iron-man-tony-st...check-hellcat/

Ugh, that headline is wrong. Yes, Patricia Walker was part of the Jessica Jones show, albeit nicknamed Trish instead of Patsy. But she never took the Hellcat name, and is NOT a hero in the Netflix shows.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Patri...(Earth-199999)
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

That is such bs. So because Tony fights villains he has a death wish?

Then all heroes have a death wish.

That is such bs. So because Tony fights villains he has a death wish?

Then all heroes have a death wish.
    Read the article brother. It really shines a light on all of Tony's recent actions. People doubt him now because he lead the AI against human heroes so they don't see him as a hero to look up to anymore.

Read the article brother. It really shines a light on all of Tony's recent actions. People doubt him now because he lead the AI against human heroes so they don't see him as a hero to look up to anymore.
    Hey bro, I read it. Tony doesn't have a death wish. why would he want to become a martyr so that people will feel sorry for him? If he wanted to have people see him as a hero, he could just do what Matt Murdock suggested to him in Daredevil. That would get him far more goodwill than getting killed in a fight.

In-universe the characterization is dubious, but as a meta-commentary it works. Cantwell seems to be fudging characterization a bit to make a meta point about comics readers and writers general response to Stark. Periodically writers just want to use Stark as a villain because they like other characters better and don't like the idea of a rich former weapons inventor being redeemed. Which has created a general antipathy to Stark among readers, who think of him more as that guy who fought their favorite rather than a hero in his own right. So Stark is depressed in a way that is quasi-fourth-wall-breaking. Just with the in-universe public against him as a way to make it only quasi-fourth-wall breaking rather than outright fourth wall breaking.

Hey bro, I read it. Tony doesn't have a death wish. why would he want to become a martyr so that people will feel sorry for him? If he wanted to have people see him as a hero, he could just do what Matt Murdock suggested to him in Daredevil. That would get him far more goodwill than getting killed in a fight.
    I hope he does what Matt asked him to in Daredevil. I can see we’re Cantwell is going with this and I like it, but completely understand if you don’t.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 10-27-2020 at 05:46 PM.