Page 137 of 1159 FirstFirst ... 37871271331341351361371381391401411471872376371137 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,055 of 17378
    Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cloysterpete View Post
    Jeez £77!, I can't imagine I'd pay that for any Omnibus.

I bought mine six month ago for £23 just for the sake of it, I don't imagine I'll ever read it as it's not my kind of thing. I'll try and sell the thing at some point if that's what they are selling for.
    Haha yeah, I'm pretty embarrassed with myself to be honest with you. Daren't tell the Missus, she'd probably confiscate my wallet!

I don't know how it happened. I am sure Amazon UK was out, and £70ish was the going rate for a new one the market place. I mean I check it every couple of days. I bit the bullet because It looked like was going OOP (in the UK at least) really wanted in before it started going for a triple digit sum. Anyway, stumped up the cash and its now going for 50ish.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    Haha yeah, I'm pretty embarrassed with myself to be honest with you. Daren't tell the Missus, she'd probably confiscate my wallet!

I don't know how it happened. I am sure Amazon UK was out, and £70ish was the going rate for a new one the market place. I mean I check it every couple of days. I bit the bullet because It looked like was going OOP (in the UK at least) really wanted in before it started going for a triple digit sum. Anyway, stumped up the cash and its now going for 50ish.
    May have to get that one soon too. It's still on Cheap-comics.com for €65
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Spectacular Member dark phoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mobe1969 View Post
    This whole v3 argument is just so silly. I mean wtf, what fxxking basis do they have for this statistical analysis? Tomb of Dracula v3 plus the terrible terrible selling Brubaker Cap v3? Fxxking genius analysis here.
    Tom Breevort has made a career out of being antagonistic with the fans so I would not pay too much attention to anything he has to say. Bottom line, if Marvel publishes Uncanny X-Men Omnibus vol 3 and we will see how quickly the v3 "curse" is lifted.
    "Cyclops was RIGHT!"

Spectacular Member dark phoenix's Avatar

So I think it's been a while since we did this (or maybe not and I'm just old and forgetful) but What's everyone's current top 3 wish list for Marvel Omniboo? Here's mine:
    1. Uncanny X-Men volume 3
    2. New Mutants volume 1
    3. Alpha Flight by John Byrne
    "Cyclops was RIGHT!"

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    Lol. Bullwinkle used to announce, "Hey, Rocky, watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat" before he pulled some random nonsense out---it made it more funny that way. Anyway, I don't believe 3x as many pages equals 3x the production/distribution cost for an omnibus versus a masterwork.
    Plus the oversized dimensions, the weight, it all adds up when you're talking about books sitting in warehouses taking up space.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by dark phoenix View Post
    So I think it's been a while since we did this (or maybe not and I'm just old and forgetful) but What's everyone's current top 3 wish list for Marvel Omniboo? Here's mine:
    2. New Mutants volume 1
    Oo, I don't know if we've done this little exercise yet in the new version of the thread.

1. Uncanny X-Men by Claremont & Romita, Jr.
    2. Fantastic Four by Claremont (mostly)
    3. Avengers West Coast: Disassembled (#42-79)
    Honorable Mention: Iron Man by Fraction, Vol. 3; Galactic Storm

So many of my go-to answers are gone! We got UXF and Hickman FF. We got UXM Vol. 2. Ms. Marvel is headed to MMW, which is even better than an Omnibus as far as I am concerned, and Moon Knight and GotG to Epic, which will cover them efficiently. I really don't have too many wishes left!
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    I really don't have too many wishes left!
    Ditto! Although I'm always open to more classic Avengers collections, and Uncanny vol. 3 is a no-brainer!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

1. X-factor by Peter David omniboo (3 would cover his vol 2 and vol 3 run)
    2. Venom by Remender omnibus (this one has a reasonable chance since it's Remender. It's horrible to get this run in any collection so one omnibus would be fantastic)
    3. New mutants by Claremont tied with Guardians of the Galaxy by DnA
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Wolverine V2
    Avengers West Coast 3
    Mutant X
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

2. New Mutants volume 1
    2. West Coast Avengers volume 3
    3. The Amazing Spider-man 3

And that's the reason why volume 3 are not good sellers.

None volume 3 Omnibuses

4. Uncanny X-men by Claremont/JR JR
    5. X-Factor by Peter David
    6. Hulk by Peter David

My list is smaller and smaller all the time...
    1) Avengers Silver Age vol. 2
    2) Avengers - Roger Stern - Vol. 1
    3) West Coast Avengers Vol. 3

*Can you see a trend there of what I like? ;-)
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Outside of a whole bunch of reprints that I would like to see, these are what I would most like to get the Omnibus treatment.
    1. Punisher Max Omnibus (Ennis)
    2. Avengers: The Initiative
    3. Annihilation: Conquest

2. New Mutants volume 1
    Most of my list has been released and Captain America Gruenwald is going to epics so;

1. UXM vol 3 (Claremont/JRJR)
    2. Captain America SA vol 2
    3. Nova omnibus
    4. I'm sneaking in a number 4. ONSLAUGHT!
    5. UXM Gillen omnibus - especially with WatXM it would be nice to get those runs collected since they make a nice parallel between schism and AvX.
    6. GotG omnibus

I know I'm cheating but I can't help it. Turns out there is more than I thought.
    Last edited by Captain Planet; 06-13-2014 at 11:38 AM.

2. New Mutants volume 1
    Most obvious/mainstream choices
    New Avengers 2
    Avengers Assemble 1 (KDB)
    Amazing Spider-Man 3

Ultimate Choices:
    Ultimate X-Men 1
    Ultimate Spider-Man 2
    Ultimate Fantastic Four 1

Surprise Choices: