Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by 3pointshooter View Post
    I’m an old school poster that had to get a new Id. I kinda agree that it’s Gwen too but my dark horse is Flash. Maybe I’m nuts.
    Does anyone really want to see Flash be Kindred?

That being said, it would be an excuse to resurrect him.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Does anyone really want to see Flash be Kindred?

That being said, it would be an excuse to resurrect him.
    It would be pretty crazy, but I think it was implied earlier on in the run Kindred was already in hell before Mysterio landed there around 2000 our time. I think Flash has probably done a lot of good while he was alive, being a several tour veteran, came back from a coma, from losing both his legs, and from battling alcoholism and an unstable upbringing to be a superhero. I wish Flash was still around, he's one of the best supporting characters.

Turning Points Arrive in 'Amazing Spider-Man' #50
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...-spider-man-50

Turning Points? Hmm...

More evidence for Kindred = Gwen, it seems.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

It’s Gwen. I’m surprised Kindred’s dialogue to Norman in that one issue, didn’t turn more people to this theory.

⚡ The Scarlet Poster ⚡ Flash Fan #1's Avatar

I'm pretty positive it's Gwen, as well. The scenario of Peter having to team up with Norman to fight an evil version of her is something I see Spencer doing. I don't have a problem with it.

Plus, the last splash page in the issue where Sin Eater returned showed that Kindred had a very skinny and feminine stature, compared to Stanley's body.
    Last edited by Flash Fan #1; 09-20-2020 at 02:09 PM.
    "If you're not moving, you're not living. No matter how bad it gets or how many hits you take, keep trying."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Fan #1 View Post
    I'm pretty positive it's Gwen, as well. The scenario of Peter having to team up with Norman to fight an evil version of her is something I see Spencer doing. I don't have a problem with it.

Plus, the last splash page in the issue where Sin Eater returned showed that Kindred had a very skinny and feminine stature, compared to Stranley's body.
    Oh god. I just realized just how horrible and completely stupid it would be to have Peter and Norman team up to fight Gwen.

Maybe it's some villain character that we forgot about.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Fan #1 View Post

Plus, the last splash page in the issue where Sin Eater returned showed that Kindred had a very skinny and feminine stature, compared to Stranley's body.
    I have been a very harsh critic of Gwen down through the years, and the reason is I never felt that at least in 616, she was on the level of MJ or even Felicia for that matter.Why? She never brought anything special to the table. i have yet to see the pre ASM 121 issue, where Gwen stood out in a good way. It was obvious starting with Ditko that she was not a good match for Peter ( Aunt May who knows him better then anyone at the time knew MJ ( despite her “Wild Child” days was the best fit)), and Gwen was basically the stepping stone from Betty to MJ. But it does not mean that she should be made to look worse then the person who killed her ( not to mention manipulated her into a sexual relationship) in Norman Osborn. If Spencer goes in that direction, that is exactly what the message is.
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 09-20-2020 at 10:56 AM.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I have been a very harsh critic of Gwen down through the years, and the reason is I never felt that at least in 616, she was on the level of MJ or even Felicia for that matter.Why? She never brought anything special to the table. i have yet to see the pre ASM 121 issue, where Gwen stood out in a good way. It was obvious starting with Ditko that she was not a good match for Peter ( Aunt May who knows him better then anyone at the time knew MJ ( despite her “Wild Child” days was the best fit)), and Gwen was basically the stepping stone from Betty to MJ. But it does not mean that she should be made to look worse then the person who killed her ( not to mention manipulated her into a sexual relationship) in Norman Osborn. If Spencer goes in that direction, that is exactly what the message is.
    If it’s Gwen I though during the Clone Conspiracy that Gwen reconciled with Peter. According to Slott that was indeed Gwen. So kindred is Gwen. I wonder how they will explain it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I find it funny how many people describe pre-JMS as senile and useless yet believe that she was a good judge of character.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    I find it funny how many people describe pre-JMS as senile and useless yet believe that she was a good judge of character.
    I judge what Aunt May thinks about MJ in the only objective way possible. Reading the comics. Aunt May knows the Watson family ( good and bad).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by 3pointshooter View Post
    If it’s Gwen I though during the Clone Conspiracy that Gwen reconciled with Peter. According to Slott that was indeed Gwen. So kindred is Gwen. I wonder how they will explain it.
    That comic has been one of my problems with Kindred as Gwen. There was a poster who suggested Spencer is going the clone route which is possible ( but as I said before a very cheap and uncreative way to have the story “Fit the narrative.”).

A Reckoning is Nigh

I agree that more and more clues are adding up to Gwen, but Kindred referred to her in the third person in the Absolute Carnage tie ins. "He still cries out her name in his sleep, you know," (Kindred to Norman.) This would imply tht Kindred is not Gwen.

Astonishing Member

Of course! It's so obvious! Kindred is Doctor Druid!

He's angry at Spidey for stealing his series and being more popular than him!! It makes perfect sense!!!

Fantastic Member

Fairly sure he's the part of Peter(and possibly MJ) tossed into hell from OMD. Knowing the way Spencer writes, where he likes to lay out heavy foreshadowing so subsequent rereads recontextualizes the story after the big reveal(Captain America: Sam Wilson was a big one with this in all the chapters prior to Stevil reveal), I think he primed the core of his initial Spidey run to be build around Kindred, with a brooding mystery of their identity in the vein of Hobgoblin or such, and has littered his run with hints of Kindred's identity. Of course I should say I don't really know what Kindred's plans are outside of making Parker suffer, which is exciting going into Last Remains, which i think will be more exciting to figure out rather than just Kindred's identity. Anywhoo:

* He's been the only other consistent narrator through Spencer's run in the main issues outside Pete, and when he takes over the boxes turn blue, or even overlap with Peter's at times
    * Has the Kingpin, who's actions killed Aunt May, kneel to him.
    * Kindred is able to control the Tri-Sentinel, which Parker had rewired to only obey him
    * When he tells Peter his name, before he says it the next panel is MJ waking him up from his nightmare saying PETE!
    * Appears clinging the wall Spidey-esque in his visit to the escaped Mysterio
    * Knows Mysterio's psychiatrist persona by name, which Spiderman uncovered after Mysterio tried to discredit him
    * Explicitly references One More Day when nothing Mysterio begging for one more chance.
    * Won't hurt MJ, intentionally got her out of town to launch his plan
    * Knows Spiderman is Peter Parker but has no desire to tell others, only cares about showing Parker's hypocrisy
    * During Absolute Carnage, he tells Norman how when Peter looks at Norman, hes reminded of the happy life he couldve had that was taken away, and then adds that the same can be said for himself
    * Says they died in a unique way
    * not my idea, but pulled from another post- one of the opening stories Parker got split in two, was a fun lesson on responsibility and how both sides of Peter need each other. But it was also about how destructive part of him can be when his conscience is removed.
    * comment from elsewhere: When OMD happened, Mephisto said that part of the deal was that even though MJ and Peter'd have their memories erased, there'd always be a part of their souls that remained in Hell, knowing what happened and suffering for eternity
    * In the Sins Rising Prelude, Stanley Carter is reliving his memories as Sin-Eater while presented in a late night talk show format, which is where he was after he was released being deemed "cured" from his Sin-Eater persona. Electro, also dead and who interrupted the talk show in the original run, is seen playing drums for the talk show's band, alongside an obscured red haired singer. The host of the show, who is interviewing Carter through his memories of Sin Eater and all the people he killed, resembles Peter Parker from the era of Spectacular Spider-Man, down to the haircut, and when the illusion drops, it's been Kindred talking to Carter the entire time, the only people involved in all these instances being Carter, Electro, and Parker.
    * Sin-Eater, upgraded by Kindred's powers, now has the ability to shoot ectoplasmic rounds with his shotgun, which erase the "sins" of those hit and making them new people, essentially a walking retcon machine drawing parallels to OMD erasing Parker's actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingkalamari View Post
    Fairly sure he's the part of Peter(and possibly MJ) tossed into hell from OMD. Knowing the way Spencer writes, where he likes to lay out heavy foreshadowing so subsequent rereads recontextualizes the story after the big reveal(Captain America: Sam Wilson was a big one with this in all the chapters prior to Stevil reveal), I think he primed the core of his initial Spidey run to be build around Kindred, with a brooding mystery of their identity in the vein of Hobgoblin or such, and has littered his run with hints of Kindred's identity. Of course I should say I don't really know what Kindred's plans are outside of making Parker suffer, which is exciting going into Last Remains, which i think will be more exciting to figure out rather than just Kindred's identity. Anywhoo:

* He's been the only other consistent narrator through Spencer's run in the main issues outside Pete, and when he takes over the boxes turn blue, or even overlap with Peter's at times
    * Has the Kingpin, who's actions killed Aunt May, kneel to him.
    * Kindred is able to control the Tri-Sentinel, which Parker had rewired to only obey him
    * When he tells Peter his name, before he says it the next panel is MJ waking him up from his nightmare saying PETE!
    * Appears clinging the wall Spidey-esque in his visit to the escaped Mysterio
    * Knows Mysterio's psychiatrist persona by name, which Spiderman uncovered after Mysterio tried to discredit him
    * Explicitly references One More Day when nothing Mysterio begging for one more chance.
    * Won't hurt MJ, intentionally got her out of town to launch his plan
    * Knows Spiderman is Peter Parker but has no desire to tell others, only cares about showing Parker's hypocrisy
    * During Absolute Carnage, he tells Norman how when Peter looks at Norman, hes reminded of the happy life he couldve had that was taken away, and then adds that the same can be said for himself
    * Says they died in a unique way
    * not my idea, but pulled from another post- one of the opening stories Parker got split in two, was a fun lesson on responsibility and how both sides of Peter need each other. But it was also about how destructive part of him can be when his conscience is removed.
    * comment from elsewhere: When OMD happened, Mephisto said that part of the deal was that even though MJ and Peter'd have their memories erased, there'd always be a part of their souls that remained in Hell, knowing what happened and suffering for eternity
    * In the Sins Rising Prelude, Stanley Carter is reliving his memories as Sin-Eater while presented in a late night talk show format, which is where he was after he was released being deemed "cured" from his Sin-Eater persona. Electro, also dead and who interrupted the talk show in the original run, is seen playing drums for the talk show's band, alongside an obscured red haired singer. The host of the show, who is interviewing Carter through his memories of Sin Eater and all the people he killed, resembles Peter Parker from the era of Spectacular Spider-Man, down to the haircut, and when the illusion drops, it's been Kindred talking to Carter the entire time, the only people involved in all these instances being Carter, Electro, and Parker.
    * Sin-Eater, upgraded by Kindred's powers, now has the ability to shoot ectoplasmic rounds with his shotgun, which erase the "sins" of those hit and making them new people, essentially a walking retcon machine drawing parallels to OMD erasing Parker's actions.
    See, this is the type of thinking I like: well done, sir! And for these reasons, Pre-OMD Peter (or the part of Peter trapped in Hell) my my close second pick.