Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Sorry, I didn't know.
    I don't think that it's much of a biggie.

A lot of that sort of humor doesn't exactly announce itself when you type it out.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    I suspect that this take may not be as unpopular as you seem to believe.
    In regards to Alan Moore...maybe, perhaps? To this day, some fans just only want to talk about three works of his that are superhero oriented and one of which even he thinks is overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    In regards to Alan Moore...maybe, perhaps? To this day, some fans just only want to talk about three works of his that are superhero oriented and one of which even he thinks is overrated.
    One guy's take...

I tend to go to his WildC.A.T.s run when it comes to the guy's "Superhero..." work. T.A.O. alone is a pretty notable piece of writing. That said, it's not like it is hands down better work that some of his work that hasn't involved superheroes.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    One guy's take...

I tend to go to his WildC.A.T.s run when it comes to the guy's "Superhero..." work. T.A.O. alone is a pretty notable piece of writing. That said, it's not like it is hands down better work that some of his work that hasn't involved superheroes.
    Oh, I agree it's solid work. However, it seems to me a lot of fans only want to point to "Watchmen," "Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow," and "Killing Joke" as examples of how great Moore is. "Watchmen" of course broke a lot of ground, but he's done a lot of work just as good if not better both before and after those other two stories. Yet some folk ignore those comics because they're outside of the Big Two.

It's like, there's at least three other movies besides Watchmen based on his original stories, but people just want to ask him about the Joker film...

Oh, I agree it's solid work. However, it seems to me a lot of fans only want to point to "Watchmen," "Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow," and "Killing Joke" as examples of how great Moore is. "Watchmen" of course broke a lot of ground, but he's done a lot of work just as good if not better both before and after those other two stories. Yet some folk ignore those comics because they're outside of the Big Two.

It's like, there's at least three other movies besides Watchmen based on his original stories, but people just want to ask him about the Joker film...

I always feel just a tiny bit sorry for "What Ever Happened To The Man Of Tomorrow" fans who might not even know about his run on Supreme.

Yeah exactly, although to be fair "some fans" are mainly people on this website, which is sharply oriented towards superheroes. So there's that. But it's still kind of jarring when someone says Brubaker's "best work" was on eg Iron Fist when books like Pulp and My Heroes Have Always Been Junkies were so recently released. Then again, he seems to be doing fine so maybe I should just calm down.

Superman's fans are his worst advocates.
    I can sure get behind this. I'll bet the number of banned posters here who were Superman fans exceeds every other individual superhero. I am not sure what it is, maybe the extreme loner narrative that some Superman stories tell? I don't know.
    Last edited by cgh; 11-09-2020 at 05:45 PM.

I honestly don't really need Vanessa in the Deadpool movies.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    I honestly don't really need Vanessa in the Deadpool movies.
    So you want all gags and no heart?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

The movie had heart without her.
    The team between Deadpool & Weasel could have gotten more screentime.

Boisterously Confused

Superman's fans are his worst advocates.
    That's a tough one b/c, IMO, there's no such thing as a Superman fan. The character has had at least 6 iterations over his near-century of publication, and each has its near-jihad-ready camp.

DC should have ditched secret identities a long time ago.
    Please provide me the contact information for your Second so that my Second may schedule our duel

Minority writers are under no obligation to write about people from their demographics. The point of this diversity push is not to pigeon hole minorities further. They should be free to write what they want.
    Nobody but a caveman could call this unpopular. You are dead right.

Wonder Woman is a bloodthirsty barbarian is a bad take on the character. Wonder Woman is a submissive weakling is also a bad take on the character..
    See comment above

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    The movie had heart without her.
    The team between Deadpool & Weasel could have gotten more screentime.
    Weasel is comic relief, Vanessa gives Deadpool a soul and dimension beyond the merc with a mouth thing. Vanessa is why Deadpool became Deadpool.
    The entire plot of the first movie was driven by their relationship. Every action by Deadpool was because of Vanessa.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    That's a tough one b/c, IMO, there's no such thing as a Superman fan. The character has had at least 6 iterations over his near-century of publication, and each has its near-jihad-ready camp.
    I can agree with this for the most part. But I dont see anyone going to war to support the Superman Red Blue era
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

[QUOTE=Agent Z;5220689] DC should have ditched secret identities a long time ago./QUOTE]

Not just Dc but any Universe that takes place in the modern era. With all the camera phones, security cameras, twitter and other social media how does anyone keep a secret identity?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Boisterously Confused

[QUOTE=babyblob;5239628]
    DC should have ditched secret identities a long time ago./QUOTE]

Not just Dc but any Universe that takes place in the modern era. With all the camera phones, security cameras, twitter and other social media how does anyone keep a secret identity?
    We're okay with gravity-immunity being a thing but not street cam-evasion? Com'on man.

[QUOTE=DrNewGod;5239632]
    Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post

We're okay with gravity-immunity being a thing but not street cam-evasion? Com'on man.
    I mean if you are going to use logic to poke holes in all of my statements I am just going to have to quit posting.