Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Still, it's not like you can shot easily at Morlun; unless he's so overconfident with his invulnerability that he doesn't dodge it, similar to how his brother though Punishe 2099's weapons wouldn't have effect on him. They really couldn't kill him, but it certainly hurt him much.
    Morlun pretty much liked to tank througth in his first apperances, so it wouldn't surprised if he just take it in striede. Then again, isn't Morlun in Beast Mode or something?
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe they meant in a psychological sense...?
    Well, Harry revealing he's Kindred could be considered a brutal attack on Peter's mind, but you can't call that a "battle" in any way since it's just Harry dealing the "punches", so yeah... Fuckers lied no matter how you look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Still, it's not like you can shot easily at Morlun; unless he's so overconfident with his invulnerability that he doesn't dodge it, similar to how his brother though Punishe 2099's weapons wouldn't have effect on him. They really couldn't kill him, but it certainly hurt him much.
    Morlum is fuckin' terrible at dodging, mostly because he doesn't need to, he's so overpowered he prefers to tank hits, so yeah, if he's too overconfident, the battle will end in 3 seconds because Sin Eater will just shoot him and steal his powers lol.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Morlun pretty much liked to tank througth in his first apperances, so it wouldn't surprised if he just take it in striede. Then again, isn't Morlun in Beast Mode or something?
    He possibly was, 'cause after eating the Spider-Monsters, it seems he he's back to normal, or at least his eyes are, he's even paying attention to what Sin Eater is saying instead of just attacking.

A Reckoning is Nigh

I think all the characters involved in the Last Remains story is cool

Am I alone in my thinking that Last Remains would work better without this huge cast? This story is suppose to be this emotional personal journey for Peter and I just feel having all these characters takes away from that in sense. I could really do away with the “order of the web” all together and just focus on Peter, Harry, MJ, Norman and so on. Honestly the only character that’s necessary for this story to work would be Strange. Morlun and Sin Eater makes for a “cool” encounter but again, to me doesn’t serve the story at all.

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    Am I alone in my thinking that Last Remains would work better without this huge cast? This story is suppose to be this emotional personal journey for Peter and I just feel having all these characters takes away from that in sense. I could really do away with the “order of the web” all together and just focus on Peter, Harry, MJ, Norman and so on. Honestly the only character that’s necessary for this story to work would be Strange. Morlun and Sin Eater makes for a “cool” encounter but again, to me doesn’t serve the story at all.
    Yeah, ultimately I don't really see a point for all the other Spiders being here other than for marketing, and considering their role in the story it's not like they're vital parts of it either.

Astonishing Member

Yeah, ultimately I don't really see a point for all the other Spiders being here other than for marketing, and considering their role in the story it's not like they're vital parts of it either.
    It seems like Spencer wants to use just about every Spider-Man character possible in Amazing. It would be interesting to note who has NOT shown up yet. My list as far as favorites is concerned. 1: Otto. 1a: Frank Castle. 2: Electro ( Dillion). 3 Hobgoblin ( Kingsley). 4: Sandman. 5: Shocker. Anyone really worthwhile that I overlooked?
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 11-24-2020 at 12:26 PM.

Yeah so far the Order of the Web ain't doing anything where their presence actually matters as characters, they were only useful for Peter to make that "deal" with Kindred.

Hell, thinking of it, their presence is still only there to be a plot development, biggest thing they did as characters was save Peter back in Sins Rising, after this, they're only there to advance the plot, in ASM#51, Strange was using their connection with the web of life to be able to track Kindred (Which only led Peter to his own Astral Plane, so that claim is doubtful), then, they were there only so Peter had a reason to make a "deal" with Kindred in#52, now their presence is being used for Sin Eater to have a reason to fight Morlum in the LR issues.

So basically, they're only there to be plot devices, that sucks lol.

Still, the LR issues are the more interesting ones so far, last two ASM issues were boring.

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    It seems like Spencer wants to use just about every Spider-Man character possible in Amazing. It would be interesting to note who has NOT shown up yet. My list as far as favorites is concerned. 1: Otto. 1a: Frank Castle. 2: Electro ( Dillion). 3 Hobgoblin ( Kingsley). 4: Sandman. 5: Shocker. Anyone really worthwhile that I overlooked?
    Venom, he even show up in the Absolute Carnage tie-in, much less anywhere else in ASM.

The symbiote did have its own story in the annual though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Yeah so far the Order of the Web ain't doing anything where their presence actually matters as characters, they were only useful for Peter to make that "deal" with Kindred.

Hell, thinking of it, their presence is still only there to be a plot development, biggest thing they did as characters was save Peter back in Sins Rising, after this, they're only there to advance the plot, in ASM#51, Strange was using their connection with the web of life to be able to track Kindred (Which only led Peter to his own Astral Plane, so that claim is doubtful), then, they were there only so Peter had a reason to make a "deal" with Kindred in#52, now their presence is being used for Sin Eater to have a reason to fight Morlum in the LR issues.

So basically, they're only there to be plot devices, that sucks lol.

Still, the LR issues are the more interesting ones so far, last two ASM issues were boring.

Nah how can this last two ASM issues be boring? Didn’t you read the solicitations? They were apparently the “Most Intense Brutal Spider-Man fights Eva!!!”

Lol one of the more blatant false advertising moments in recent memory with Marvel...

Fantastic Member

Speed Demon, Puma, Spot, Tombstone, Jackal, Hydro-Man, Molten Man,
    Tinkerer, Stilt-Man/Lady Stilt-Man are a few out there unused.

We also have Demagoblin+Doppleganger from Absolute Carnage and Ana Kravinoff briefly seen in the Hunted Prelude who would be fun to see.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingkalamari View Post
    Speed Demon, Puma, Spot, Tombstone, Jackal, Hydro-Man, Molten Man,
    Tinkerer, Stilt-Man/Lady Stilt-Man are a few out there unused.

We also have Demagoblin+Doppleganger from Absolute Carnage and Ana Kravinoff briefly seen in the Hunted Prelude who would be fun to see.
    Most of those are good choices, especially Tombstone and Molten Man. Jackal is one I personally dislike and cringe when I see him. Why? Clone Saga.

I'm really hoping the Janice/Randy relationship culminates in a big Tombstone/Robbie story.

Fantastic Member

Most of those are good choices, especially Tombstone and Molten Man. Jackal is one I personally dislike and cringe when I see him. Why? Clone Saga.
    Molten Man could potentially have blowback with Kindred stuff, since he was only cured thanks to Liz. If Harry has been orchestrating this for years, it's possible Mark could end up getting roped into it too.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingkalamari View Post
    Molten Man could potentially have blowback with Kindred stuff, since he was only cured thanks to Liz. If Harry has been orchestrating this for years, it's possible Mark could end up getting roped into it too.
    Mark is certainly possible. Since Electro is supposed to be in the next movie, I have to guess Dillion is returning? That said My favorite villain is Otto, so I wonder if the next arc of Spencer’s will involve Otto and ( or) a Sinister Six reunion?

Nah how can this last two ASM issues be boring? Didn’t you read the solicitations? They were apparently the “Most Intense Brutal Spider-Man fights Eva!!!”

Lol one of the more blatant false advertising moments in recent memory with Marvel...
    Yeah they just don't care about lying, Abrahams' Spider-Man was talking like Peter and MJ would be the starts of the comic, then issue#1 comes out, MJ got fridged, and turns out the story is about this bland ass kid nobody cares about, then solicits from issue#4 says this:

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    SPIDER-MAN #4 (OF 5)
    J.J. ABRAMS & HENRY ABRAMS (W)
    SARA PICHELLI (A) • Cover by OLIVIER COIPEL
    2020 VARIANT COVER BY WILL SLINEY
    VARIANT COVER BY SARA PICHELLI
    • Now that issue #1 is out, can we finally talk about this?
    • Ben Parker, the son of Peter and Mary Jane, has had a lot thrown at him the last few weeks.
    • Normal high school stuff: met the love of his life, stood up to a bully, found out his dad was Spider-Man and that he has powers, too,
    and the super-villain that changed everything is out to get him… Yep, normal high school stuff.
    • However, in ways that we can’t really explain here, this issue turns all THAT onto its head.
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
    Not only did they lie, they have the fucking audacity to say this... It's honestly kinda funny, it'd be even funnier if they got sued for false advertisement.

I'm really hoping the Janice/Randy relationship culminates in a big Tombstone/Robbie story.
    For that to happen, the comic needs to remember Randy exists, and that Robbie exists too.

BTW... did any other issue of Abrams' Spider-Man came out?