Page 186 of 189 FirstFirst ... 86136176182183184185186187188189 LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,790 of 2833
    Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    We're all entitled to our opinions and imo XoS is miles better than the dreck we got with Battle of the Atom, Disassembled, and Age of X-man.
    So from trash.....to just bad?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LogosPundit View Post
    No, writers should use characters that are most suitable for the story or the situation at hand. That Hickman has repeatedly shown he doesn't understand this proves he's not the great writer he's been hyped to be.
    Ever since HoX/PoX, there really hasn't been any convincing evidence that Hickman doesn't understand this. Just that he's not using the favorites people subjectively think he should.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Clue: The most suitable character in any given situation is the one whose appreciation thread you have the most posts in.
    True facts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Ever since HoX/PoX, there really hasn't been any convincing evidence that Hickman doesn't understand this. Just that he's not using the favorites people subjectively think he should.

True facts.
    Not really in this case.

There was literally no reason for Doug to be in this event.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    Not really in this case.

There was literally no reason for Doug to be in this event.
    There was no reason for the event at all but that didn’t stop them lol

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantor View Post
    There was no reason for the event at all but that didn’t stop them lol
    This is true lol. Apocalypse leaving sets up either him returning as a villain or in last minute rescue. Most of the Arrakii mutants are vastly irrelevant, seeing as the only two we know are Isca and Tarn, who both need to be written by Hickman to be of any actual relevance.

Most people don't read Excalibur, unless they have to, and thus it's not that important in the grand scheme.

We really didn't need this to be a major event. Rather just an F4/X type of mini.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Well when two islands love each very much they make more islands
    Won't the rest of the world just LOVE that?
    My flag is bacon.

What is Genesis's mutant power? The closest I saw to something identifiable was when she made vines grow up around A. Certainly that's not what made her so much more 'fit' than him?
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    What is Genesis's mutant power? The closest I saw to something identifiable was when she made vines grow up around A. Certainly that's not what made her so much more 'fit' than him?
    I was hoping to get answers from Destruction issue but instead they thought that Hickman fan service is what we need now. I think fan service worked during HoX/PoX but that's about it really.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantor View Post
    Not even that. I fell this entire story could have been told in Excalibur itself as the only book affected in any real way is that book. Apocalypse being gone only matters in that book (QC means nothing) and Betsy missing only matters in that one book. That’s it that’s all we got.!
    Apart from:

The X-men are now independent from the Council and Krakoa.
    Jean is out of the QC.
    Gorgon is dead.
    Doug is married.
    There's millions of new mutants on Earth.
    Last edited by Omega Alpha; 11-28-2020 at 09:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Apart from:

Jean is out of the QC.
    Gorgon is dead.
    Doug is married.
    Of those mutants, one is slated to be a major new Wolverine foe. So we’ll definitely see more of Solem. Hopefully he ends up being a meaningful addition to Logan’s rogues gallery.

Furthermore, Apocalypse is also out of the QC and gone from the X-books for awhile. So that’s a major development. This was really his story after all, and I liked that it got a fitting end... for now at least.

Also, the X-men took over the Peak orbital space station and will begin mutant exploration of deep space in SWORD. Another major development.

Kid Cable showed a major departure from the classic version, in regressing from all the training and hell that he’s gone through in his future which made him a ruthless and competent character to being “just a scared and soft teenage boy crying for mommy and daddy.” So that indicates a future for him here in the present Reign of X era where he may never go back to his time, and instead will stay here and grow up to be a very different man from the original (OG version). What implications that has for the timeline I’m not sure. Does it even matter, since the future where he was raised is just another alternate timeline at this point? After all, Apocalypse being reunited with his family and being taken off the board seems to indicate that he will never become the tyrannical despot in the future that Cable was raised to kill anyway. So I suppose it makes Kid Cable more of a blank slate in that regard. Just with an even more complicated back story. But if you think of it as a character “reset”, I guess it works. He came back, killed his older self, and via X of Swords completely prevented the terrible future timeline he was raised in. So now he has a new lease on life? Feels that way for now.

Oh, and the Captain Britain Corps is back and we don’t know where our Betsy Braddock is.

Those are just a few more of the developments to come out of this event.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Those are just a few more of the developments to come out of this event.
    I'm excited about all of them!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Apart from:

Jean is out of the QC.
    Gorgon is dead.
    Doug is married.
    Gorgon isn't a big deal
    Doug marriage is a big joke

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    Gorgon isn't a big deal
    Doug marriage is a big joke
    They definitely should have focused on Gorgon a bit more if they were gonna kill him off. I'm also pretty ambivalent about Doug's marriage.

Overall, I'm kind of glad that this event didn't result in a huge status quo change in all the X-titles because a bunch of them were in the middle of stories that I didn't really want to see interrupted.

Mighty Member

Doug’s marriage and Warlock’s not involvement in XOS I’m sure will be explained. Doug is suddenly in love with Bei? Her sword’s name is Seducer isn’t it? Clearly there is more going on here. Warlock not being involve, even in the battle at the end is kind of ridiculous.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

The lamest hero of Arakko clearly is Redroot. Now taken by Jaspers in a silly way. Heck, we never even saw her use her powers. She was a waste.

I hope we will see more of White Sword and is Cypher now party of his army since he healed him?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================