Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Next year when Death Metal ends.
    Ahh yes, seems to be the motto when it comes to the JSA. I’ll believe it when I see it.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Ahh yes, seems to be the motto when it comes to the JSA. I’ll believe it when I see it.
    This is why, IMO, DC needs an Astro City title of its own. Fitting the JSA into The Here And Now is always going to be problematic. It needs a title where DC can bounce around in time, looking at their first heroes when they were young and stumbling over their own capes, when they were seasoned adventurers, and when they became battle-scarred elder states-heroes.

Of course, first, DC has to figure out what its history is.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    This is why, IMO, DC needs an Astro City title of its own. Fitting the JSA into The Here And Now is always going to be problematic. It needs a title where DC can bounce around in time, looking at their first heroes when they were young and stumbling over their own capes, when they were seasoned adventurers, and when they became battle-scarred elder states-heroes.

Just create a new label and give the JSA to a competent writer and artist who can work outside the silly boundaries and constraints of the DCU.

I mean how long has it been now?

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Kent Nelson View Post
    Just create a new label and give the JSA to a competent writer and artist who can work outside the silly boundaries and constraints of the DCU.

I mean how long has it been now?
    2011 was when they had their on-going cancelled for the New 52.

The new 52 had that abomination that no one really considers the JSA. Other than that sporadic appearances, most recently the past WW2 version that Scott Snyder used in Justice League. Constant teases for nearly a decade now.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:

2011 was when they had their on-going cancelled for the New 52.

The new 52 had that abomination that no one really considers the JSA. Other than that sporadic appearances, most recently the past WW2 version that Scott Snyder used in Justice League. Constant teases for nearly a decade now.
    Wow... that's a long time! Here's an idea... let Dark Horse publish stories about the JSA, if DC are too good to touch the world's first super hero team :\

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post

I'd love to see All-Star Comics revived as a series of OGNs. JSA stories not set in any firm continuity but done like the original series with chapeters by different artists. It keeps JSA fans happy plus it is a way to further explore the OGN market.

Extraordinary Member

There's one correct answer according to DC, as to when there will be a new JSA series: "Next year". And next year, they'll tell you that again.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I'd love to see All-Star Comics revived as a series of OGNs. JSA stories not set in any firm continuity but done like the original series with chapeters by different artists. It keeps JSA fans happy plus it is a way to further explore the OGN market.
    No, honestly, after a decade of teases, and more than that of actual absence, nothing will make JSA fans happy other than a full-on series. Or two, to satisfy the ones who want their JSA served up during WWII. With maybe a mini to look in on them after the disbanded. A sort of "hidden history" adventure or two perhaps. With possible solo titles for members.

After blowing so very much goodwill, DC needs to really win JSA fans back, and not by offering scraps, or and not with vague promises year after year that something will happen. At this point, for DC it's actions, not words, and the actions better be pretty major.

Extraordinary Member

I’m surprised with the TV show, there’s no Stargirl or JSA comic that DC would put out right now.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I’m surprised with the TV show, there’s no Stargirl or JSA comic that DC would put out right now.
    The notion that movie/tv synergy affects the sales of comics in any metric is the trickle down economics of comics. It's a myth more often than not. Exceptions such as Batman 89 and the Walking Dead do not prove the rule.

Ultimate Member

The prevalence of the Arrow, Legends, Supergirl, Batwoman and Black Lightning shows don't really seem to have done a whole lot to raise the comic book profiles of those characters, either. (Flash seems to be an exception, but I'm not sure if there's a causal relationship there, or just the fact that Flash was already getting a push in the comics with the return of Barry Allen and renewed focus on the top six of the 'big seven'.)

OTOH, there has been *some* cross-pollination. Killer Frost and Vibe have both gotten a tiny bit more comic-showtime, as a result, perhaps, of Cisco and Caitlin, on the Flash.

They did finally release the entirety of Stars & S.T.R.I.P.E in one collected format (also includes issue 0 and JSA AllStars 4 where she claims the name Stargirl). Definitely worth picking up!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    The notion that movie/tv synergy affects the sales of comics in any metric is the trickle down economics of comics. It's a myth more often than not. Exceptions such as Batman 89 and the Walking Dead do not prove the rule.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    The prevalence of the Arrow, Legends, Supergirl, Batwoman and Black Lightning shows don't really seem to have done a whole lot to raise the comic book profiles of those characters, either. (Flash seems to be an exception, but I'm not sure if there's a causal relationship there, or just the fact that Flash was already getting a push in the comics with the return of Barry Allen and renewed focus on the top six of the 'big seven'.)

OTOH, there has been *some* cross-pollination. Killer Frost and Vibe have both gotten a tiny bit more comic-showtime, as a result, perhaps, of Cisco and Caitlin, on the Flash.
    This also speaks to a lack of coordinated strategy between the theatrical and print people. You see it Disney/Marvel too, but less so.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    From a financial standpoint, yes. However, "synergy" in effecting how characters look or are written....... that is up for debate.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:

They did finally release the entirety of Stars & S.T.R.I.P.E in one collected format (also includes issue 0 and JSA AllStars 4 where she claims the name Stargirl). Definitely worth picking up!
    Definitely worth picking up. So far Stargirl the TV series has been very good. Doctor Midnight has some really cool shades. I wasn’t expecting the Cafeteria nerd table to be the foundation of the new JSA. Looking forward to more new members. Looks like the Sandman is getting the shaft. Courtney collected just about something from each original member but him. Sandy and Al would be perfect for the show as a legacy characters. Looks like there will be a Johnny Thunder and a Green Lantern. Reincarnated Hawks and Flash would be cool too.