Page 50 of 85 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    I...dont know to be honest. I guess Slade being a villain gives him an advantage as Prometheus only prepares for heroes. But Prometheus is such a ridiculous plot device that you never know. He's not an assassin btw.
    Really? Sorry I'm jumping all over the place. I've only really read Prometheus in Simone's run of Birds of Prey. I can't remember if he fought Deathstroke there - I know Deathstroke was involved around that time.

Agreed that he's a ridiculous plot device. Ugh. (Though he's basically evil Midnighter. Maybe I just don't mind ridiculous plot devices when they're on the good side? Have to think about that. ).
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Really? Sorry I'm jumping all over the place. I've only really read Prometheus in Simone's run of Birds of Prey. I can't remember if he fought Deathstroke there - I know Deathstroke was involved around that time.

Agreed that he's a ridiculous plot device. Ugh. (Though he's basically evil Midnighter. Maybe I just don't mind ridiculous plot devices when they're on the good side? Have to think about that. ).
    That guy in Simone's book was an imposter. The real Prometheus has appeared in a limited number of stories. Morrison's JLA run, Cry For Justice books, Orlando's Midnighter and JLA. That's about it. No encounter with Slade ever occurred.

He was created to be Batgod on steroids with a parody element to him. Midnighter was created to be a killer gay super powered Batman. So I guess that's why they have so much in common ability wise.

That guy in Simone's book was an imposter. The real Prometheus has appeared in a limited number of stories. Morrison's JLA run, Cry For Justice books, Orlando's Midnighter and JLA. That's about it. No encounter with Slade ever occurred.

He was created to be Batgod on steroids with a parody element to him. Midnighter was created to be a killer gay super powered Batman. So I guess that's why they have so much in common ability wise.
    Interesting. Imposter or not, Prometheus in Birds of Prey was a terrible person and really annoying.

There are a lot of Batman-like characters. Deathstroke himself is a bit of one, which is why Priest is contrasting the two.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

BANNED

He was written to be the real thing at the time so its accurate.

Indeed, that's why DC should be called BC for Batman comics.

He was written to be the real thing at the time so its accurate.

Indeed, that's why DC should be called BC for Batman comics.
    Well DC does stand for Detective Comics and Tec IS a Batman book, so they pretty much already are named that.

Quote Originally Posted by RepHope View Post
    Well DC does stand for Detective Comics and Tec IS a Batman book, so they pretty much already are named that.
    Exactly what I was thinking.

Should be Deathstroke Comics, though.

Preview is finally up for #32!

This opening feels sorta like the Clock King fight in the first arc. Only with added Batman!

Also, I'm definitely getting the Mattina cover. I didn't get the Superman variant for the first issue (which maybe I should have, since I did get the foil variant with the lovely Lee Weeks art?), so I'm jumping on this variant!

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Preview is finally up for #32!

This opening feels sorta like the Clock King fight in the first arc. Only with added Batman!

Also, I'm definitely getting the Mattina cover. I didn't get the Superman variant for the first issue (which maybe I should have, since I did get the foil variant with the lovely Lee Weeks art?), so I'm jumping on this variant!
    That Superman variant is tight, I got that one.

I just recently jumped on Deathstroke with this arc, loving it so far. If the previous issues are this good, I plan on going back and catching up on the whole run.

https://www.cbr.com/preview-deathstroke-32/

Quote Originally Posted by Slim Shady View Post
    That Superman variant is tight, I got that one.

I just recently jumped on Deathstroke with this arc, loving it so far. If the previous issues are this good, I plan on going back and catching up on the whole run.

https://www.cbr.com/preview-deathstroke-32/
    It was really cool. I just really wanted that Lee Weeks cover, and didn't know about the foil variant at the time. At least I got the digital with both covers!

So glad you're joining us for this Batman vs. Deathstroke arc! The whole run up to this point is amazing - if you like what you're seeing now, you'll definitely like the rest of the run (except maybe the Lazarus Contract, which is a confused crossover, but still has some good parts.)

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Midnighter vs Prometheus was a great story as well. It also outed Prometheus, maybe. I guess Batman really inspires the gay community.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Kinda glad they're throwing Batman back into things. I was having a bit of an issue keeping interest around the middle of Defiance onward.

Quote Originally Posted by Skedatz View Post
    Kinda glad they're throwing Batman back into things. I was having a bit of an issue keeping interest around the middle of Defiance onward.
    Really? That's fascinating, since I actually only started collecting with Defiance, and I was gripped by it all the way through. What got in the way of your enjoyment?

Also, so glad that the book is back to keeping you excited with ol' Bats!

Priest said he'd reveal who the Robin in the flashbacks was, and he didn't lie! Though I can't really tell if it's Jason or Tim (I really don't think Dick would ever do something like this to Damian). Tim is the Robin who really lost everything to Damian, whereas Jason is the one whose attitude seems more likely. I know some people think Tim in this continuity was never Robin, but I think Lonely Place of Living gives us wiggle room there.

The "side story" of the Justice Experience member who wants to die so they don't hurt anyone as they age but can't die naturally was interesting, very much like Clock King in the first arc. Talia's plotting and lying is fascinating, even if I think she's lying to Slade, and not to Bruce. I really want to know who's really responsible for this - if it's the butlers, or Talia, or someone we haven't met yet. Heck, maybe it's Slade himself, like he played games with Rose, because he wants Batman to pay better attention to Damian after their encounter in Robin Son of Batman.

This series just keeps getting more and more exciting! And Damian with a fidget spinner is hilarious (he probably uses it when he plays Cheese Vikings, because he's so good he can win at that game single handed. )

Oh god this issue was fun, I had a few laughs, although I don't think some were meant as jokes.

How many issues is this arc ...I don't remember, but I am glad Damian will be involved nect issue since this is about him.

I think we got a hint to Tom King's Sanctuary ...if that was what Batman was referring to which to me means that Tom King was suppose to be the other write Priest said was gonna be on this crossover book.

I don't know what Talia's endgame is, but I do love Slade's response to the whole Bruce Wayne being Batman.

I still don't know who that Robin is ...once he said "you took it away" it made me think it wasn't Dick b/c Dick walked away right... But if the robin was talking to Damian all along and he said "you took this away" sounfs like it could be Tim, but the attitude seems more in line with Jason.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Oh god this issue was fun, I had a few laughs, although I don't think some were meant as jokes.

How many issues is this arc ...I don't remember, but I am glad Damian will be involved nect issue since this is about him.

I think we got a hint to Tom King's Sanctuary ...if that was what Batman was referring to which to me means that Tom King was suppose to be the other write Priest said was gonna be on this crossover book.

I don't know what Talia's endgame is, but I do love Slade's response to the whole Bruce Wayne being Batman.

I still don't know who that Robin is ...once he said "you took it away" it made me think it wasn't Dick b/c Dick walked away right... But if the robin was talking to Damian all along and he said "you took this away" sounfs like it could be Tim, but the attitude seems more in line with Jason.
    It was so incredibly fun! I think Priest is definitely putting in the jokes and funny situations on purpose.

There are six issues in this arc. So this is the third, the turning point to the second half. I am very excited - okay, at this point, I'm just very excited for all the issues. But the next issue, with Damian - yes!

Where do you see the Sanctuary hint? The place where he was going to freeze the Justice Experience guy? I do think the other writer was supposed to be Tom King, but I don't want to bet on that.

This Robin is almost certainly not Dick, because no one (except maybe Jason) took anything away from Dick. Jason and Tim both have much more tangled relationships with their successors (though at this point, I think Jason and Tim are pretty good friends, based on Robin War and Batman and Robin Eternal.)