Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Lorelei touches them and they all fall madly in love with her, eagerly obeying her every command.
    The CBR Community Standards & Rules - Your Guide to Being a Member

Asgard successfully repels King Kong and Big Skullcrawler; the former is most certainly due for a power upgrade* when Godzilla vs. Kong stomps into theaters, but until then the great ape and his reptilian nemesis will make for nice sport for the Asgardians.

Godzilla, Ghidorah, Mothra, and Rodan are an entirely different matter. Just one of these Titans is about as apocalyptic as Full Power Surtur*. With four attacking at once, Ragnarok is all but guaranteed. Seriously, I think King Ghidorah alone could solo Asgard, mainly because he feeds off Thor's most powerful weapon: electricity. Within seconds, Ghidorah absorbed Boston's electrical grid and unleashed a massive AoE attack that wiped out most of the military and severely wounded Godzilla. Ghidorah's gravity beams are about as powerful as Thor's lightning blasts, which means the hydra will be wiping out scores of Asgardians while simultaneously absorbing Thor's energy attacks.

Rodan, likewise, will be ripping Asgard out of his foundations with just his flybys. He sleeps in lava, so I highly doubt Asgard's weapons will hurt him.

Mothra pins the mightiest Asgardians down with her webbing, leaving them at the mercy of Godzilla -- and he's all-out of mercy.

Even if you spotted Thor Stormbreaker*** and Hela joined their ranks, it would only be delaying the inevitable.

* Kong is in serious need of an upgrade if he's expected to give this Godzilla a fight.

** In his prime, Odin was powerful enough to beat Surtur so severely that he was still crippled when we see him at the beginning of Thor: Ragnarok. Not sure how that fact is applicable to Rumbles or if Odin is operating at those levels in this fight.

*** Stormbreaker is a mighty weapon, but it won't inflict life-threatening injuries on most of the Titans. They're so damn massive and durable than Stormbreaker will at best inflict tiny wounds. Rodan, for example, survived a grisly stabbing from Mothra's stinger.

I think Hela can win it. Those spikes she chucked at Surtur were like kilometers long. She will impale the Kaiju and she will kill them. Tagging Mothra will be a problem, but if Thor runs interference, I think she can kill the bigger Kaiju before she is immobilized .

As I noted above in jest, Lorelei can help Asgard win by taking control of all the monsters (unless one of them happens to be female or has feats resisting mind control powers). Loki should be able to help her get close enough to touch them by cloaking her in illusion.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
    As I noted above in jest, Lorelei can help Asgard win by taking control of all the monsters (unless one of them happens to be female or has feats resisting mind control powers). Loki should be able to help her get close enough to touch them by cloaking her in illusion.
    Mothra is female, touching the flyers could be a big problem and touching Godzilla is most likely via the bottom of a foot.

Asgard does have flying boats. One hidden by Loki's illusions could easily get Lorelai close enough to touch the fliers and Godzilla safely. Alternatively, they could just use the Bifrost to teleport her right onto their backs and then off again.

After that, the fight turns into Asgard and all the other monsters versus Mothra.

Asgard does have flying boats. One hidden by Loki's illusions could easily get Lorelai close enough to touch the fliers and Godzilla safely. Alternatively, they could just use the Bifrost to teleport her right onto their backs and then off again.

After that, the fight turns into Asgard and all the other monsters versus Mothra.
    Ghidorah is surrounded by a category 6 hurricane. Rodan flies around at multi mach speeds with such force that his passing wind stream smashes towns. Mothra can enshroud herself with blinding god rays.

Your idea is actually a really creative one, but she's got a MUCH better chance getting close to the land based Titans.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Who is the most powerful man Lorelai has ever mind-controlled? Would her powers work on Hulk, Thor, or Surtur? Are all men, regardless of power and feats, instantly bound to her? It seems like a no-limits fallacy.

Even if Lorelai can mind-control the Titans, she'll need to get close. Chances of that happening are slim given Rodan's shockwaves and Ghidorah's electrical storms. Time is not on Asgard's side. Assuming the survivors are able to meet up and plan a counterattack, Asgard would be in shambles. As previously mentioned, this is like Surtur but so much worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomzilla View Post
    Who is the most powerful man Lorelai has ever mind-controlled? Would her powers work on Hulk, Thor, or Surtur? Are all men, regardless of power and feats, instantly bound to her? It seems like a no-limits fallacy.
    Why would physical strength be a factor in mind control? A stronger body doesn't make one more resistant to being controlled mentally. The no-limits fallacy doesn't apply because physical strength and might doesn't apply to resisting mind powers. Mental strength and willpower would be what matters (and maybe magical power or resistance in this case since it's magical mind control).

With that in mind, I'd say she should be able to control Hulk, Thor and Surtur. The first two didn't have any special resistance when Scarlet Witch used her powers to control them and Surtur doesn't have any specific feats of mental strength and willpower on screen.

Why would physical strength be a factor in mind control? A stronger body doesn't make one more resistant to being controlled mentally. The no-limits fallacy doesn't apply because physical strength and might doesn't apply to resisting mind powers. Mental strength and willpower would be what matters (and maybe magical power or resistance in this case since it's magical mind control).

With that in mind, I'd say she should be able to control Hulk, Thor and Surtur. The first two didn't have any special resistance when Scarlet Witch used her powers to control them and Surtur doesn't have any specific feats of mental strength and willpower on screen.
    Fair enough. Do you think Lorelai could control Thanos, Ego, and Dormammu?

And do you have a similar stance on, say, Netflix's Kilgrave? Do you think his mind-control powers would hold sway over massively more powerful characters?

Question for Arby: Why have the MUTOs once again been excluded from your MonsterVerse threads?!

Quote Originally Posted by Tomzilla View Post
    Fair enough. Do you think Lorelai could control Thanos, Ego, and Dormammu?

And do you have a similar stance on, say, Netflix's Kilgrave? Do you think his mind-control powers would hold sway over massively more powerful characters?

Question for Arby: Why have the MUTOs once again been excluded from your MonsterVerse threads?!
    ...Yeah I dunno why lol. We could toss the big MUTO into the water next to G if you'd like?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

NOW I remember why I didnt include the MUTO's. EMP invalidates most of the tech. No shields etc.
    - big_adventure

Lorelei's power only affects sentient human-like minds right? Why would it affect these massive animals? These giant beasts don't think like we do. Does the alien Ghidorah even really have a gender?

Quote Originally Posted by moonknight11 View Post
    Lorelei's power only affects sentient human-like minds right? Why would it affect these massive animals? These giant beasts don't think like we do. Does the alien Ghidorah even really have a gender?
    No, it's specifically genderless.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Extraordinary Member

What sort of Equipment does Asgard have on hand?

Do they have the Cask of Ancient Winters? The Space Stone? Loki's sceptre?