Page 1 of 75 123451151 ... LastLast

Default AQUAMAN - a film by James Wan

Wait, this movie is still debuting later this very calendar year, right?

(checks the internet)

21st December 2018

That's just 8 months away.

Does it seem like this movie is flying ... err, swimming under the radar as we have gotten closer to its release date?

Is there an official (not fan-made) movie poster or an official trailer of any kind yet?

All I know (without looking it up further) is that James Wan is directing it, Jason Momoa is reprising his role as Arthur Curry, and Amber Heard is Mera.

Is it still going to be connected to JUSTICE LEAGUE or is it going to minimize the connection even more than WONDER WOMAN did from the DCEU?

What are your thoughts on this movie at this point?

To be fair, people were saying the same thing about Wonder Woman's promotion up until the movie got released. After Justice League I think WB is going to be really careful about how they promote this movie.

I think it's been confirmed that this will be more of a traditional origin story for Aquaman and that we'll see him ascend to the throne of Atlantis, and that he will sport the classic Aquaman suit in the film.

We've also got in the cast:

Patrick Wilson as Ocean Master.

Willem Dafoe as Nuidis Vulko.

Yahya Abdul-Mateen II as Black Manta.

Dolph Lundgren as Nereus.

Nicole Kidman as Atlanna.

Ludi Lin as Murk (He seriously feels like Aqualad to me).

Michael Beach as Black Manta's dad.

Randall Park as Dr. Stephen Shin.

Swimming under the radar at this point is actually good. If we hear something now, it would most probably be bad news. They have a lot of time. There's no point in releasing a trailer now. Its not like Star Wars where people are waiting to rush to the theaters. A trailer now will be lost among other noise. Infinity War, then Solo: A Star Wars Story as well as Deadpool 2.

I think it is connected to DCEU more then Wonder Woman. I have read somewhere that it takes place after Justice League.

Astonishing Member

I feel bad for Aquaman. IMO there's a lot of pressure for this movie to succeed at the box office. First DCEU movie after the very disappointing JL it has to make some killer bank.

On the plus side there's a void of CBM Ant-Man and the Wasp. Venom is opening October but I don't think it will succeed at all. The audience might be starved for some superheroes.

It's too bad Aquaman opens after the record setting Black Panther as well the much anticipated Infinity War. Hard to make ripples when these two juggernauts are dominating the movie buzz.

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    I feel bad for Aquaman. IMO there's a lot of pressure for this movie to succeed at the box office. First DCEU movie after the very disappointing JL it has to make some killer bank.

On the plus side there's a void of CBM Ant-Man and the Wasp. Venom is opening October but I don't think it will succeed at all. The audience might be starved for some superheroes.

It's too bad Aquaman opens after the record setting Black Panther as well the much anticipated Infinity War. Hard to make ripples when these two juggernauts are dominating the movie buzz.
    This movie doesn't need to set the box office on fire. It just needs to make solme money. Which every DCEU movie except Justice league no doubt made a good return. What it really needs is to be well received. Wonder Woman is the only film that you can't call Decisive at best. The negative attention the DCEU got has to have had an effect on Justice League. I mean the movie itself wasn't great at all but it didn't deserve to make less then BvS or SS.

I'm actually kind of surprised they've been able to keep as much tight-lipped about this movie as they have.

They've just about wrapped filming (in the middle of re-shoots at the moment) and we haven't gotten even a glimpse of Aquaman, Black Manta, or Ocean Master.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm actually kind of surprised they've been able to keep as much tight-lipped about this movie as they have.

They've just about wrapped filming (in the middle of re-shoots at the moment) and we haven't gotten even a glimpse of Aquaman, Black Manta, or Ocean Master.
    After Justice League, I get the feeling that the press might not be kicking down the door for a scoop.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    After Justice League, I get the feeling that the press might not be kicking down the door for a scoop.
    I doubt that. DCEU news is really sought after. Look at all the click baity articles that crop up when there is DCEU news. People like to read about the bad news of DCEU.

trailer? TRAILER?!
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Ask and ye shall receive:

Cool!

No idea if that shot will stay in the final cut of the movie, but at least we know Jason is still in ridiculous shape. But we probably already figured that.

And here is a shot of Amber Heard dressed as Mera:

Looks great!

And here is a pic of Aquaman and Black Manta (Yayha Abdul-Mateen II) riding a roller coaster together off-set:

Looks fun!*

* - or it would have, if Twitter didn't encrypt its pics so much

But other than that, nothing.

Switching gears, is there a single song that AQUAMAN could latch onto to sort of sell itself? Like how IRON MAN used Black Sabbath 's "Iron Man"? Or, how THOR: RAGNAROK sold the hell out of Led Zeppelin's "Immigrant Song"?

Off the top of my head ... "Holy Diver" by Dio, maybe?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Switching gears, is there a single song that AQUAMAN could latch onto to sort of sell itself? Like how IRON MAN used Black Sabbath 's "Iron Man"? Or, how THOR: RAGNAROK sold the hell out of Led Zeppelin's "Immigrant Song"?
    Heart's 'Barracuda' perhaps?

I just wanna see how Mera is handled and have a bigger more creative dose of the underwater scenes that we saw in JL. Of course a fleshed out, a world built Atlantis that feels lived in as well.

Some songs for your Aquaman playlist;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6E5m_XtCX3c
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDb303T-B1w
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAMYGzwUTK4
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oH6mw2Rc3DQ
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5DqEHxY4FM

Aquaman is really the only film I'm planning on going to go see in the theatres this year. There were attempts by some elements of the media to swirl up a similar frenzy to what we saw with Wonder Woman, but those attempts failed. I genuinely don't understand how people can trust negative media about DCEU after Wonder Woman, they were lying their teeth off.
    Last edited by Pinsir; 04-15-2018 at 12:14 PM.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Ask and ye shall receive:

Cool!

No idea if that shot will stay in the final cut of the movie, but at least we know Jason is still in ridiculous shape. But we probably already figured that.

And here is a shot of Amber Heard dressed as Mera:

Looks great!

And here is a pic of Aquaman and Black Manta (Yayha Abdul-Mateen II) riding a roller coaster together off-set:

Looks fun!*

* - or it would have, if Twitter didn't encrypt its pics so much

But other than that, nothing.

Off the top of my head ... "Holy Diver" by Dio, maybe?
    LL Cool J - Deepest Bluest.... Lol but really umm it depends on the energy of the movie. Thematically I can't think of any song that wouldn't be corny.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    I doubt that. DCEU news is really sought after. Look at all the click baity articles that crop up when there is DCEU news. People like to read about the bad news of DCEU.
    Basically...Just ask Collider