Page 142 of 146 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144145146 LastLast
Results 2,116 to 2,130 of 2177
    Amazing Member

Wow, long time no visit! Round up for West Ham's last few months:
    Mostly positive, won more than I expected at Stratford
    Massively unlucky (read cheated) at Manchester United away
    First team to beat Spurs at their new ground (an amazing stadium tbf), that won't be forgotten by our support any time soon and Spurs won't be allowed to forget it either
    Strong finish and a great day out against Watford last match of the season including a terrific Mark Noble goal

Fornals looking to be a masterstroke already, shone in the under-21s as Spain went on to win
    Arnie looks to be off, once again, to China. He needs to go. This does leave us with only Hugill as a recognised striker on our books who is also set to leave. Investment needed badly.

Watched the England women lose last night, unlucky with the offside (VAR is meant for 'clear and obvious errors' not a toe being in an offside position but by the letter of the law correct decision). Poor penalty but under that pressure I would never blame our captain. USA were the better team and begrudgingly I wish them the best for the final.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    So are Swansea!!

Swansea City have signed defender Jake Bidwell following his exit from Queens Park Rangers.
    The 26-year-old free agent is the first signing under new Swans manager Steve Cooper and has signed a three-year deal.
    Bidwell was not offered new terms by QPR when his contract ended in June.
    A former Everton trainee, Bidwell joined QPR from Brentford in 2016 and went on to make 130 appearances for them, including 45 last season.

I thought you guys were broke for some reason?

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Been a while since I've been on here but that's life I guess LOL. Anyhow, I know the USA have won the Women's world cup, the qualifying rounds for the Champions League and Europa League officially start tomorrow night, Rafa Benitez has left Newcastle for a job in China where he got off to a winning start, 3-1 I believe it was. Oh and Liverpool have signed a Dutch teenage CB from Zwolle.

Also, Fluffy, I hope Jake Bidwell does well for you. Also, I'm in shock Spurs are signing players LOL.

And hello, geoffpayne. Long time no see hope all is well.

Also, I'd just like to add that from what I was able to see the Women's World Cup was good. And obviously my wife has been bragging about the USA winning the World Cup. Been getting ''USA, USA, USA'' chants every day since LOL.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

I never thought the time would come that I'm more looking forward to players potentially LEAVING the club this summer than I am in them arriving. Something out of whack there.

I sincerely hope that when I next 'grace' this board that Lukaku, Pogba and several other players are plying their trade, so to speak, elsewhere.

I genuinely don't mind if United are not the top dogs anymore. They've easily surpassed any lifetime expectations that I've had of them as a club. I DO expect the players to give a toss though. Something shamefully lacking last season in particular.

I hope this is goodbye you set of charlatans.

WillieMorgan! It's been a while. Hope you're doing well.

And, well, Man Utd do need a bit of a clearout if I was being fair. Though as a Liverpool fan I obviously hope we do better than you again.

Also, I see Stevie G is borrowing players from Liverpool again. This time Ojo on loan.

At least I'll have some Champions League and Europa League matches to check out later when I get the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    WillieMorgan! It's been a while. Hope you're doing well.
    Hi there John. It's good to hear from you. As long as we don't mention a certain topic . I've had enough of it from my sister.

In all seriousness, I hope yourself and family are well and happy.

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    Hi there John. It's good to hear from you. As long as we don't mention a certain topic . I've had enough of it from my sister.

In all seriousness, I hope yourself and family are well and happy.
    We are, we are. Even if my wife is currently busy bragging about the Women's World Cup LOL.

And, er, not to brag or anything but Liverpool are Champions League Champions!!!

Well, in my defence it's been seven long years since Liverpool won something LOL.

BTW, good night for the Scottish teams in Europe tonight with Rangers winning 4-0 in Gibraltar against St. Joseph's. Saw the goals and the first two were decent, nice to see Ojo get a goal I'd like him to have a good season to give Klopp something to think about in terms of his future at Liverpool. Celtic winning 3-1 in Sarajevo was probably more impressive and their goals were quite good, liked the cheeky backheel from Scott Sinclair the most. Though not as much as the reporter from Sky LOL.

Should've been a good night for TNS after getting themselves 2-0 up but they conceded two late goals to draw 2-2 which is two away goals for Feronikeli so it'll be a tougher night than it should've been in Kosovo given they were 2-0 up at one point.

Other than that I don't think there were any real surprises in the first leg of the qualifiers.

OH. Before I forget, WillieMorgan. What do you make of the rumoured interest in Lemina from United and are you happy with the two signings they've made so far?

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    OH. Before I forget, WillieMorgan. What do you make of the rumoured interest in Lemina from United and are you happy with the two signings they've made so far?
    I don't know much about Lemina to be honest. As for the two signings United have made, yeah, I'm quite happy with them. My current beef with the team doesn't stem from some self-entitled need to see them sweeping all opposition aside willy-nilly. We all know that football is cyclical and success comes and goes. If United are in a less successful phase of their history then it's not the end of the world. It's the chronic lack of effort and application that I just can't handle, especially from players on such ridiculous wages. I wasn't joking in that earlier post. United could sell half of their squad minimum and I wouldn't bat an eyelid in protest.

As long as the players show the right levels of effort and dedication then they'll do for me.

Heh. TNS . They always raise a smile whenever I hear their name mentioned. Total Network Solutions. I know they've changed their name since but was an outrageous example of corporate sponsorship there.

Yeah I don't know much about Lemina myself, except that he's a full-back if I remember correctly.

As for TNS, LOL. Yeah I remember around this time last year when I had to be reminded of their former name LOL. Hopefully they can do something in Kosovo. I think the second legs are next week but I could be wrong.

Speaking of the qualifiers, Linfield will be playing Rosenborg tonight in probably the biggest one at least regarding the ''Home Nations'' so-to-speak. Dundalk are playing as well I think.

As for transfer news, well I do know that Burnley have signed Jay Rodriguez from West Brom for a reported 10m. I'll have to do a transfer dealings post just before the season starts LOL.

I live near Burnley. The overall feeling from the Burnley fans that live in my village is that Rodriguez is 'coming home' so to speak.

He was born in the town and came through the youth ranks at the club only for them to cash in on him a few years ago. If Rodriguez can stay fit and get them that 6 to 12 Premier League goals a season that will keep them up again then it will have been a good move for all concerned.

I remember Jay being a part of the Southampton team that got back into the Premiership alongside the likes of Lallana and Lambert and I remember people talking about him playing for England before he got hurt, He did well last season getting 20 plus goals alongside Dwight Gayle but that was in the Championship so from Burnley's POV hopefully he can replicate some of the form in the Premiership next season (except for when they play Liverpool naturally LOL)

I have heard about Liverpool looking to sign that 16-year old midfielder from Fulham, Elliott. So hopefully he'll do well for us in the future since it looks like we're getting him.

Well, a 6-0 win last night at Tranmere. I know it's only pre-season but it was nice to see Brewster get two goals, Bobby Duncan and Curtis Jones getting one each was a nice bonus, nice to see Super Sub Divock Origi get one too after coming off the bench and nice to see Clyne get one on his first game back from his loan spell at Bournemouth.

Other than that a funny fact about the Europa Qualifiers this week. If Kilmarnock lose the second game 1-0 they're through, if Aberdeen lose 1-0 they're out. That's despite the fact that both Aberdeen and Kilmarnock won their games 2-1. The difference being is Kilmarnock's win was away from home LOL.

Speaking of the qualifiers, Cork City lost 2-0, Shamrock Rovers came from behind (twice) to draw 2-2 at Brann, Connah's Quay were the ones to lose 2-1 to Kilmarnock and I think that's it for last night's qualifiers.