Default Golden Age villain Captain Nazi (origi. from Fawcett Comics) Appreciation 2021

First Golden Age appearance = Master Comics #21 (December 1941) published by Fawcett Comics

First DC Comics appearance (in a new story) = Shazam! #34 (March- April 1978)

From Who's Who: The Definitive Directory of the DC Universe Vol. IV (June 1985)

Emmanuel Raboy a true Golden Age
    Legend

In Captain Nazi's second Golden Age appearance in Whiz Comics #25 (December 26, 1941) he winds up being responsible for Freddy Freeman becoming Captain Marvel Jr.

When Billy learns how badly Freddy Freeman is as a result of Captain Nazi's savage attack, he takes the ailing Freddy to the wizard Shazam for his help.

Astonishing Member

Captain Nazi on Earth-S or in the Golden Age was a true threat. As part of the blended DCU he loses something when put in the same company as Baron Blitzkrieg as the two fill the same role of the top Nazi superhuman. Cut off from Golden Age Marvel Family he loses that connection to Cap Jr and Freddy that added to both characters.

I did like the attempt to have him reintroduced as a neo-Nazi powered by Aryan deities- except that the Marvels have too many enemies using the "powered by others" (Ibac, Sabbac, Black Adam)

Captain Nazi's next appearance was in Master Comics #22 (January 1942):

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Captain Nazi's next appearance was in Master Comics #22 (January 1942) . . .
    And here are the last three pages of that story.

The way Red Hood killed him was pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post
    The way Red Hood killed him was pathetic.
    From Batman #647 (January 2006),

Astonishing Member

That death could easily be undone. I love that artwork from Shazam #38. I think some of those Don Newton Shazam Family stories were being collected, but not certain.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    That death could easily be undone.
    I'm not sure, but I thought I read somewhere that Captain Nazi did later get better in another story.

(Was he maybe in Geoff Johns' post-Infinite Crisis series Justice Society of America?)

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Do we really need an appreciation thread for a Nazi supervillain of all things?

I get it, he's a good heel, but damn it feels weird seeing those words on this board.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Do we really need an appreciation thread for a Nazi supervillain of all things?

I get it, he's a good heel, but damn it feels weird seeing those words on this board.
    But, it's okay to love to hate an evil super-Nazi and see him get the tar beaten out of him!

Besides, it gets harder and harder to find groups we can really justifiably HATE these days that won't offend other groups. (The Japanese were another arm of the Axis back then, but now they're our friends. And by hating "Nazis" it won't be a blanket condemnation of all Germans.)

Also, I'd be more than happy to leave the word "Appreciation" out of the titles of threads like this, but somebody seems to override me and sneak that word back into titles of threads like these so they'll get closed at the end of the year.

Astonishing Member

I feel it's OK to have an "appreciation" thread for Captain Nazi. As the android Ash said of the eponymous character in Alien, "I admire its... purity."

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But, it's okay to love to hate an evil super-Nazi and see him get the tar beaten out of him!

Besides, it gets harder and harder to find groups we can really justifiably HATE these days that won't offend other groups. (The Japanese were another arm of the Axis back then, but now they're our friends. And by hating "Nazis" it won't be a blanket condemnation of all Germans.)

Also, I'd be more than happy to leave the word "Appreciation" out of the titles of threads like this, but somebody seems to override me and sneak that word back into titles of threads like these so they'll get closed at the end of the year.
    Oh I get what it mean, but every time I see the thread title I'm like "this is going to bite me in the ass if I ever go to court, isn't it?" lol

But yes, no matter how played out, it's fun to watch a Nazi get slapped around.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    That death could easily be undone. I love that artwork from Shazam #38. I think some of those Don Newton Shazam Family stories were being collected, but not certain.
    It was undone. He attacked Black Adam in the Villains United mini, alluding to how he couldn't die because he was an ideal.

Hubris, no doubt, but Adam whupped him. Dunno where he's shown up after