Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default I haven't seen Arrow yet, but I am interested

I've seen clips of it and I LOVE the way Deathstroke is portrayed. Is the show anything like the Dark Knight Trilogy where you put a hero in a real life world without magic and fantasy elements?

It was "grounded" until season 2 with the introduction of the Mirakuru and Barry Allen.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

it was in the beginning, but then deathstroke came into play it gets better with him.

I think it's been kept grounded, even though they have introduced some sci-fi elements. That's actually what i like the most about the show.
    - We were the BEST, Richard. No matter what anyone thinks. - Damian Wayne.

Green Lantern Spanish Fan Site HERE

Its still grounded, but there are definitely more sci-fi elements being added, which will probably increase further as the show progresses. Season 1 is very grounded, but not as interesting as season 2.
    Action Comics, Batman, Green Lantern, Justice League, Superman

It's become more comic booky in more ways than just there being metas. Arrow was originally portrayed as using quasi-realistic methods to travel. In the second season, he starts casually zipping up to rooftops on line-arrows.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by DCCoolness View Post
    I've seen clips of it and I LOVE the way Deathstroke is portrayed. Is the show anything like the Dark Knight Trilogy where you put a hero in a real life world without magic and fantasy elements?
    Sorry but Deathstroke motivations were a sad joke. Even the actor playing the role called bullshit on that.

Who cares? He still played an amazing Deathstroke who hopefully will come back.

Spectacular Member

I wonder if Slade's actor is a Deathstroke fan. I swear, the guy gives me the creeps. I would crap my pants if I was in a room with him.

Fantastic Member

give it a go, its a great journey for Oliver

The show has better action than 90% of comic book movies..Its fun to watch but you can make out that these writers are awful at writing females and villains with proper motivations.It still is the best live action comic book TV show and probably more entertaining than a lot of CBMs

Astonishing Member

The Show is cheap and has some awful actors. I watch it anyway cause somehow i like it. Though some episodes are boring as hell....

I think it got so much better in the second season. The "real world" thing is fun for a while but I prefer the increased comic book element. I love all the guest appearances by other DC characters. Will be interesting to see how they handle Ra's.
    Though I enjoy the show it still has a tendency to veer into cheesy CW schmaltz. Not looking forward to the "Ollicity" stuff in season 3. The Twilight fanfic crowd got their wish.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I think it got so much better in the second season. The "real world" thing is fun for a while but I prefer the increased comic book element. I love all the guest appearances by other DC characters. Will be interesting to see how they handle Ra's.
    Though I enjoy the show it still has a tendency to veer into cheesy CW schmaltz. Not looking forward to the "Ollicity" stuff in season 3. The Twilight fanfic crowd got their wish.
    for like one episode. stephen amell already said don't read too much into it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    The Show is cheap and has some awful actors. I watch it anyway cause somehow i like it. Though some episodes are boring as hell....
    The show made full use of the resources it has. It's may not be as high quality as agents of shield but it doesn't look cheap. Also, I thought the actors are pretty well casted