Page 33 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
    Untrue, I would never want Felicia to become boring!
    Criminal Felicia 4eva!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
    Untrue, I would never want Felicia to become boring!
    I know that Mary Jane is not a costumed adventurer like Felicia, but I don't think of her as boring.
    She is one of the reasons why I enjoy Spider-Man comics.

to each,his/her own
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    I know that Mary Jane is not a costumed adventurer like Felicia, but I don't think of her as boring.
    She is one of the reasons why I enjoy Spider-Man comics.

to each,his/her own
    As a rule, I usually find civilian love interests of superheroes boring. Far to often they can become nothing more than fodder for enemies and motivation for the titular superhero devoid of any agency of their own. But this is just my view of things.
    Last edited by Celgress; 07-29-2019 at 07:47 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    As a rule, I usually find civilian love interests of superheroes boring. Far to often they can become nothing more than fodder for enemies and motivation for the titular superhero devoid of any agency of their own. But this is just my view of things.
    Almost every other super hero out there dates another costumed hero. It makes those few that date civilians feel special and different when done right.

(But that's just my perspective.)

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Almost every other super hero out there dates another costumed hero. It makes those few that date civilians feel special and different when done right.

So true also its way easier for costume heroes as they have nothing to hide. But at the same time with civilians its the same with them not knowing their significant other identity and them wondering what they are hiding
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

That's more or less a modern thing though. Back in the day, nearly every hero was expected to have a civilian love interest. (As well as a civilian supporting cast.) It made the superpowered nature of the character more special when juxtaposed with his or her non-powered peers.

If written well, either version will be interesting. The problem is modern writers have no interest in investing time in the superhero's out of costume relationships. (For example: Captain Marvel and War Machine where 95% of the relationship happened off panel, or the "tell, don't show" nature of Peter Parker and his so perfect for him relationship with Carlie Cooper.)

I'll always be a Peter x Felicia shipper, but at the same time I'm loving the smaller romantic moments of Pete and MJ in the current Spencer run.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    That's more or less a modern thing though. Back in the day, nearly every hero was expected to have a civilian love interest. (As well as a civilian supporting cast.) It made the superpowered nature of the character more special when juxtaposed with his or her non-powered peers.

If written well, either version will be interesting. The problem is modern writers have no interest in investing time in the superhero's out of costume relationships. (For example: Captain Marvel and War Machine where 95% of the relationship happened off panel, or the "tell, don't show" nature of Peter Parker and his so perfect for him relationship with Carlie Cooper.)

I'll always be a Peter x Felicia shipper, but at the same time I'm loving the smaller romantic moments of Pete and MJ in the current Spencer run.
    some of my superhero couples besides Peter Parker/Mary Jane are both costumed

Nightwing/Starfire (the Wolfman comics run got me into it)
    Batman/Catwoman
    Cyclops/Marvel Girl

I love the smaller romantic moments of Pete and MJ in the current Spencer run too.
    Spencer got me enjoying Spider-Man comics again.
    I am glad that MJ is back in Spider-Man comics and has returned to Peter as his love interest
    I am grateful for a Peter/MJ fan writing The Amazing Spider-Man.
    I have been reading the older comics when Peter and MJ were married.
    I sure miss the Spider-Marriage!
    Last edited by Starrius; 07-30-2019 at 12:30 PM.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

That's actually a very good point, that the human aspect of these superhuman characters is all too often lacking in contemporary comics, which is what used to be provided by the civilian supporting cast. In my opinion at least, that makes it considerably harder to feel empathy for a lot of these characters when they no longer seem all that personally invested in the world (and people) they protect.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Yeah, superhero dating between capes were usually among team characthers (the ones that didn't have the benefit of a solo).
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Is this in reference to Marvel Knights? I loved that tone she had when Peter questioned her for buying a gun.

She's knows what happened to Gwen, she knows this is a part of being with Peter, and she's not going to just let what happened to Gwen happen to her nor run away from Peter.

Speaking of MK Spider-Man, I really liked the relationship/triangle between Black Cat, MJ and Peter in that book.
    I wished that we'd seen the same chemistry relationship/triangle between Carol Danvers, Jessica Drew, and Peter Parker.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Yeah, superhero dating between capes were usually among team characthers (the ones that didn't have the benefit of a solo).
    Superhero relationships can work under a good writer doing the story. I prefer to see a relationship develop the bond of friendship through shared interest linking the story together. So much wasted potential, in the case of Captain Marvel and Spider-Man. I'm glad that Slott never went there because he would have ruined it big time.

Astonishing Member

Depends on the writer. In the case of Jessica Drew and Peter Parker, a missed opportunity to develop their friendship based on their shared interests.

BANNED

Spectacular Spider-Man #92 Jul 1984
    "And the Answer Is"
    The Black Cat and Spider-Man wearing his black costume

tangle with a new villain, the Answer! Who is the Answer? Where did he come from?

And why is he attacking the web-slinger? So many questions...but only one Answer!

Script and Pencils by Al Milgrom. Inks by Jim Mooney.

Was it me, or was there a recent comic that stated that Felicia is in her early twenties?

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    Was it me, or was there a recent comic that stated that Felicia is in her early twenties?
    The first issue of her ongoing had one of the security guards describe her as a woman in her early 20's.