Page 3 of 885 FirstFirst 12345671353103503 ... LastLast
    Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    To be fair, I was already on five/six warnings for that so maybe having a blank slate will be good for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mastermind View Post
    I had been banned twice, and was warned that one more toe out of line and I was permabanned.

So I'm really like the clean slate too.
    I've never been banned, or even threatened with it. You guys make me feel like a slacker!

P.S. the new smilies suck ass.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    LMAO! That's awesome!
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

GL Animated series concept art...

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    GL Animated series concept art...

Man that was such a great show. I've been rewatching it on Netflix and it just keeps getting better. The episodes with the Anti-Monitor were just great.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

BANNED

Curious for everyone's favourite Hal story. Expecting a landslide of New Frontiers and Sinestro Corps War/Johns' run, but maybe I'll be surprised.

(New Frontier for me )

I think the expected answer is New Frontier, but my favorite is actually a story Marv Wolfman did where Hal was trapped in the Arctic and had to fight a polar bear.

Last edited by Pharozonk; 05-01-2014 at 02:11 PM.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

#InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    Green Lantern was the BIBLE for me from Rebirth thru Green Lantern #20 (Current Series). Hoping it makes a comeback!

Lawd the truth has been spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Not his better moments.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    Curious for everyone's favourite Hal story. Expecting a landslide of New Frontiers and Sinestro Corps War/Johns' run, but maybe I'll be surprised.

(New Frontier for me )
    Never read New Frontier, though I like the cartoon... as an elseworlds of course. I LOVED Rebirth. The way it fixed the Parallax issue, and did so by tying into old GL lore... it was glorious.

As for my FAVORITES though... I still love GL vol2 #25 vs Guy Gardner. That was one of the first GL books I picked up, and has always been a favorite. I loved most of Jones run, but that was my favorite. Also a fan of the Action Comics weekly story vs Lord Malvolio.

And JLA Year One... that was just epic ^_^

All-New Member

Me am think Jon Stewart is the worse GL of all time. Especially since me not from Detroit too. Hal is not ok, but he is every bit as good as John. Me hate current GL comics, and totally understand why everybody else does too

Me wish Venditti and Jensen don't write every comic from DC

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GLFan5994 View Post
    I never really thought about it but Hal is incredibly lazy when it comes to disguises. He doesn't even ruffle his hair or part it the opposite way. He just slaps on a tiny domino mask and assumes none will be the wiser.
    Which led to 1 of the few good Earth-based scenes in the GL movie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Never read New Frontier, though I like the cartoon... as an elseworlds of course. I LOVED Rebirth. The way it fixed the Parallax issue, and did so by tying into old GL lore... it was glorious.
    Give it a read, it's classic. A modernised version of that would be perfect for Hal's origin, but god knows what we'll get from Venditti in Secret Origins.