Page 545 of 568 FirstFirst ... 45445495535541542543544545546547548549555 ... LastLast
Results 8,161 to 8,175 of 8518

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Black View Post
    Geoff never seemed to have any interest in John, so it had to be WB.
    We pretty much gave this guy a chance over a decade and nothing changed with him. The thing is, he's NOT interested in John Stewart. Never was and never will be. Not only this, but during his era, John was treated the worse by far than any other GL's. Being watched by millions of people on a TV show didn't matter. If it didn't matter to him then, it won't matter to him now. I'm also sure it's WB as well, but this guy would do his earnest to at least make John a black best friend. Who knows, maybe Geoff Johns wanted to be on this project to make sure John doesn't shine equally with Hal Jordan, since he knew the character was inevitable. Remember, he's the one who pitched and got involved with Green Lanterns. And John was in a book titled Hal Jordan. And like Desh said a while ago, these could've been his decisions. If he knows John is going to be in the movie and he's writing it, while propping up other GL characters and seeing John in a title that's called Hal Jordan (he was perfectly fine with this), then those things just don't mix up. I wish he wasn't involved and would just stay away. I'm honestly tired of him and wish he would just leave.

Hopefully WB would keep him in check to make sure he doesn't try to sneak around and treat John Stewart badly.

Sorry for the rant. I'm starting to rant a little like Johnny haha.

Come on now, we both know you can control your emotions way better than I do. The irony in all of this is that contrary to most folks here, I was never worried about John Stewart's treatment in the DCEU regardless of who was in charge. It has always been the opposite for me, John was one of the few characters I thought would never be sidelined in live-action because WB just doesn't want the headaches. With comic book fans it's one thing since the DC fanbase has long been conditioned to see certain characters in certain positions. With the general audience that doesn't always fly, especially today when the demand for better representation is front and center in entertainment culture. Based on that, I don't think Geoff would try to portray John Stewart as anything less than an equal partner to Hal Jordan, because even if he tries, they just wouldn't let him do that. Stewart is either going to be the focus character or the co-protagonist, he won't be the BBF or the wallflower. That crap is over.
    Last edited by Johnny; 06-13-2018 at 11:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    We pretty much gave this guy a chance over a decade and nothing changed with him. The thing is, he's NOT interested in John Stewart. Never was and never will be. Not only this, but during his era, John was treated the worse by far than any other GL's. Being watched by millions of people on a TV show didn't matter. If it didn't matter to him then, it won't matter to him now. I'm also sure it's WB as well, but this guy would do his earnest to at least make John a black best friend. Who knows, maybe Geoff Johns wanted to be on this project to make sure John doesn't shine equally with Hal Jordan, since he knew the character was inevitable. Remember, he's the one who pitched and got involved with Green Lanterns. And John was in a book titled Hal Jordan. And like Desh said a while ago, these could've been his decisions. If he knows John is going to be in the movie and he's writing it, while propping up other GL characters and seeing John in a title that's called Hal Jordan (he was perfectly fine with this), then those things just don't mix up. I wish he wasn't involved and would just stay away. I'm honestly tired of him and wish he would just leave.

Hopefully WB would keep him in check to make sure he doesn't try to sneak around and treat John Stewart badly.

Sorry for the rant. I'm starting to rant a little like Johnny haha.
    It always seems like every time John starts to get footing to take off somebody steps in and tries their hardest to destroy it and snatch it away from the fans quickly like they were about to make a horrible mistake letting a black character be iconic and important. Like I said before, maybe they'll let him do what he wants and follow his comics, or maybe they'll clamp down on him and make him write them as equals and hopefully not bring in that bs "Greatest GL" title. Best case scenario: WB looks at the success of Black Panther and then proceeds to apply said clamp firmly.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Come on now, we both know you can control your emotions way better than I do. The irony in all of this is that contrary to most folks here, I was never worried about John Stewart's treatment in the DCEU regardless of who was in charge. It has always been the opposite for me, John was one of the few characters I thought would never be sidelined in live-action because WB just doesn't want the headaches. With comic book fans it's one thing since the DC fanbase has long been conditioned to see certain characters in certain positions. With the general audience that doesn't always fly, especially today when the demand for better representation is front and center in entertainment culture. Based on that, I don't think Geoff would try to portray John Stewart as anything less than an equal partner to Hal Jordan, because even if he tries, they just wouldn't let him do that. Stewart is either going to be the focus character or the co-protagonist, he won't be the BBF or the wallflower. That crap is over.

I wished I lived in this world.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post

Let's hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post

I wished I lived in this world.

Extraordinary Member

I appreciate all the passion and responses here.

We just have to see how this all unfolds.

Waiting does suck, at times.

BANNED

We're always talking live action here, but I would love to see a 3D animated Justice League film as well.

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

Same old **** from DC, huh?

Apparently fucking up two movies wasn't enough for Johns. LOL @ letting this man near anything related to Green Lantern. "Hey you know what would be great? Let's make the movie about Sinestro being Hal Jordan's bestest friend forever. Oh and maybe one scene with john stewart moping in the corner. IT WILL BE MONEY"

The best part is John Stewart was supposed to be in the last GL film but his scenes got cut. I don't think they even put them back on DVD.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Diamond View Post
    The best part is John Stewart was supposed to be in the last GL film but his scenes got cut. I don't think they even put them back on DVD.
    I thought Guy was the one who's cameo was cut?

Apparently fucking up two movies wasn't enough for Johns. LOL @ letting this man near anything related to Green Lantern. "Hey you know what would be great? Let's make the movie about Sinestro being Hal Jordan's bestest friend forever. Oh and maybe one scene with john stewart moping in the corner. IT WILL BE MONEY"

Yeah man, I'm trying to be as optimistic about this as possible. If GJ has his way, then I can see it playing out like this: DC is struggling to succeed with their black characters because nobody wants to see a Deadshot or Cyborg movie, they ruined Green Lantern's chances, and they won't even touch the other lesser known ones. All the while, Marvel is out there whoopin that ass with characters like Black Panther, Blue Marvel, and Blade.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    We're always talking live action here, but I would love to see a 3D animated Justice League film as well.

John need to turn that frown upside down.

His uniform has a 1970's Legion of Superheroes (Dave Cockrum) vibe to it.

Extraordinary Member

This post is hella funny because of the level of truth to it. Yet, I am worried that Johns might try to do this, even if WB orders him to do a re-write.

It is tough for me to believe Johns will put his heart into writing a compelling John Stewart.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Emerald 23 View Post
    Yeah man, I'm trying to be as optimistic about this as possible. If GJ has his way, then I can see it playing out like this: DC is struggling to succeed with their black characters because nobody wants to see a Deadshot or Cyborg movie, they ruined Green Lantern's chances, and they won't even touch the other lesser known ones. All the while, Marvel is out there whoopin that ass with characters like Black Panther, Blue Marvel, and Blade.
    It would be equally sad & funny if Marvel is able to catapult another black hero before DC/WB.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    It would be equally sad & funny if Marvel is able to catapult another black hero before DC/WB.
    If they do...I'm rooting for Blue Marvel!