Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Sorcerer's Apprentice Mickey moves into the Sanctum Santorum to become Doc Strange's new apprentice in the soon to be launched Doc Strange solo series. The Doc Strange movie will follow suit....

-M

Well, the company does exist in the Marvel Universe.

From New Warriors Vol. 5, issue 6.

I don't know if that makes it easier, more troublesome or tricky because of the meta implications. :P

So I think what this thread has proven is that we should all be worried Disney characters won't show up in Marvel. Because clearly, it would be too much awesome if they did.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    jack skellington : sorcerer supreme
    "Can Doctor Skellington, the Mighty Sorcerer Supreme triumph against the vile DorBoogie? Meanwhile, Sallea, the Doctor's apprentice is trapped by Barons Lock, Shock and Barrel! Excitement, mystery and action!"

I....I would actually read the heck out of that...

Quote Originally Posted by jphamlore View Post
    Disney is using Elsa in the ABC network television show Once Upon a Time. If there was any serious intent to draw the interest of young girls to Marvel comics, using a character such as Elsa would be a perfect fit. Unfortunately relative to overall Disney revenues, the revenues from Marvel comics are almost a rounding error, so it does not justify such an effort.
    I still don't see the logic. They have frozen "everything".. its no additional cost to Disney/Marvel. They make Frozen kids potties.

Comics are are a 500 + million dollar per year industry. A company like Disney maximizes their profits and has a big picture in mind with everything they do.
    Last edited by THANOSRULES; 10-21-2014 at 06:48 AM.

I'd love to see an all ages book that takes kind of a Kingdom Hearts approach. I wouldn't have it be 616 but something like that to read with my daughter would be awesome. Maybe get Skottie Young to draw it.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    So I think what this thread has proven is that we should all be worried Disney characters won't show up in Marvel. Because clearly, it would be too much awesome if they did.
    Thread hijacked by "ANYONE [HOPING] DISNEY CHARACTERS SHOWING UP IN MARVEL...."

WWII Cap / Howard Stark / Rocketeer would be great!
    Last edited by Güicho; 02-16-2016 at 08:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    I wouldn't mind Gargoyles and W.I.T.C.H. popping up.
    Totally! I loved the Gargoyles! Their stories were great, I loved how almost each story tied into each other...almost like a comic.

Quote Originally Posted by lilyinblue View Post
    Thor is a Prince of Asgard.
    Thor is now a woman.
    Thor is now a Princess.

Ergo... Thor is a Disney Princess.

Done.
    Huh. I...didn't think of that...kind of blew my mind there, lillyinblue.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    LOL @ thread somewhat hijacked by "ANYONE [HOPING] DISNEY CHARACTERS SHOWING UP IN MARVEL...."

I could get behind that...
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

They own Star Wars and Muppets too.

Where's the big worries Mickey, Kermit, Yoda & Rocket will go traipsing across the universe together!

Patton Oswalt's Filibuster aside, it is inevitable.

They own Star Wars and Muppets too.

Where's the big worries Mickey, Kermit, Yoda & Rocket will go traipsing across the universe together!

Patton Oswalt's Filibuster aside, it is inevitable.

You suddenly reminded me of something! Am I the only one who remembers that bold mercenary of the interstellar spaceways, Jaxxon, who was part of a "Magnificent Seven"-style story arc that ran in the early days of the original Star Wars comic book series from Marvel?

Even when I first read that story, as a kid, I thought I detected a resemblance to Bugs Bunny . . . so I guess there's already a Venerable Precedent for the idea of "Marvel storytelling plus Star Wars plus Funny-Animal Guest Stars" all jumbled together in a comic book.

swjaxxon.jpg
    Last edited by Lorendiac; 11-05-2014 at 09:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorendiac View Post
    You suddenly reminded me of something! Am I the only one who remembers that bold mercenary of the interstellar spaceways, Jaxxon, who was part of a "Magnificent Seven"-style story arc that ran in the early days of the original Star Wars comic book series from Marvel?

Even when I first read that story, as a kid, I thought I detected a resemblance to Bugs Bunny . . . so I guess there's already a Venerable Precedent for the idea of "Marvel storytelling plus Star Wars plus Funny-Animal Guest Stars" all jumbled together in a comic book.

swjaxxon.jpg

LOL! Loved the Star Hoppers!

They were the first thing I thought of back when Disney first acquired Marvel and then Star Wars all under one umbrella.

My what if Star Hoppers Animated...

I honestly hoped this would be the first Star Wars/Marvel/Disney venture.

After Splinter of the Minds eye, it was the first official licensed venture into a so called "Expanded Universe". Where the creative forces of the bizarre 70s world of Marvel Comics and Star Wars first intersected.

And as outrageous as it was, Marvel was just revisiting the Star Wars nod to Kurosawa.

What's funny is Lucas who still had a cantina full of pre-CG rodents, furry animals and Gamorrean pigs in the pipeline, at the time apparently chastised Marvel for including such a cartoony thing as Jaxxon in "his" universe.

A few decades later he went on to approve freakin Jarjar.

Jaxxon should be the terrifying commercial brand face of the Star Wars/Marvel/Disney corporate hydra merger.
    And he should show up everywhere!
    Last edited by Güicho; 06-18-2020 at 11:03 AM.

Like everyone else, I think this is a terrific idea.

The Death of Wolverine, for example, would have been a much better story if it had ended with an enraged Scar from the Lion King Jeremy Ironsing Logan's ass, while Shere Khan reclined, chortling, in the background.

Wah!!! We were just posting about him! And now - http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=56867

Great cover!
    Last edited by Güicho; 11-05-2014 at 01:04 PM.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Namor vs. Ursula!

OK, really wondering why anyone would be "worried" about this.
    I can totally see a duet of them singing "Poor Unfortunate Souls" lol! Make it happen plz

LOL @ thread somewhat hijacked by "ANYONE [HOPING] DISNEY CHARACTERS SHOWING UP IN MARVEL...."

This thread illustrates how Marvel readers are quirky and weird in their taste of what is deemed "cool"
    Last edited by Tofali; 11-05-2014 at 01:07 PM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    higher chance of a nemo solo book than a namor one
    Maybe poor lost Namor can guest-star in Nemo's solo book then. LOL!
    Last edited by Güicho; 11-06-2014 at 09:24 AM.