Page 482 of 772 FirstFirst ... 382432472478479480481482483484485486492532582 ... LastLast
Results 7,216 to 7,230 of 11576
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Of all writers, Ewing would be the one to give her some top tier feats, but the book still isn't 'Storm', it's 'SWORD', and there are a lot of other characters and concepts to serve there. Only time will tell how much traction this Voice of Sol position will actually garner.
    Coates had Storm defeat the Adversary, an upper level demon/evil god and the book was not called Storm, either.

The title doesn’t have to do with it. It’s a team book, but she is the Queen of Arrako and she definitely as the Regent of Sol is put in a position where are power is tested.

As far as the future of her powers go, she’s not limited to expressions of her mutant powers. She has divine/mystical powers. Exactly what these powers can do hasn’t been defined.

But the Arraki lived in Amenth, so they’re already pretty magical. Mutants in general
    Became more magical. Forge, a Shamsn whose mutant powers is to invent things made cerebro be able to store backups of all mutant souls.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    lololololol im screaming lolol. i felt kind of bad for the user who was using it to be petty against storm yesterday.

I'm just happy we fans have enough love from source material to need to go through all of that and even if we didn't I would hope our fandom wouldn't resort to such tactics.
    I felt bad too. I just have a feeling that if a Storm fan did the same thing it would be brought up at every opportunity and never ever be forgotten or let die.

However, I don't see any Storm fan resorting to such tactics. While I can't speak for EVERY Storm fan, I've gotten pretty much everything I've ever wanted for Storm. Official/inarguable Omega confirmation, Divine status, and a REAL position of power and influence. At this point even if I wanted to make a fake tweet to hype Storm, I wouldn't know what to write lmao.

Ok, maybe that's a lie. It would probably be something about her being Beyond Omega Level but hell Duggan basically gave us that when her called her the Omega's omega.

how would you make the argument or case she is the strongest of the omegas?
    Look, I have no doubt that some of the omega list are extremely powerful (they all are), but Storm was the first mutant on the list (ok, she wasn't considered an omega back then), reaching divine limits, I think one of the reasons why they put him on the list is to say that ALL omegas have the potential to be gods. The gods are natural forces of the cosmos, they have great function and power, as many gods transcend through the multiverse and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    They can infiltrate as Storm fans and do the same, plus a fan base can always have a toxic side.
    From what I've seen most Storm fans are very active on Twitter. A fake tweet proclaiming a new power-title for Storm would instantly be validated or snuffed out before it was ever posted here.

how would you make the argument or case she is the strongest of the omegas?
    I'd say Legion is the strongest just because of how nutty his power is. I mean at any given moment the dude can develop a new personality that has the Omega level power of doing some wacky sh!t like sneezing away an entire dimension. We're talking classic level Superman sneezing away solar systems level of wtfff.

It'll just take one writer who is given permission lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    I'd say Legion is the strongest just because of how nutty his power is. I mean at any given moment the dude can develop a new personality that has the Omega level power of doing some wacky sh!t like sneezing away an entire dimension. We're talking classic level Superman sneezing away solar systems level of wtfff.

I heard he has the personality of most Xmens, and I wondered if he had the powers of the Storm, or Magneto among others, how destructive and dangerous he could be (He already is, right)

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

They can infiltrate as Storm fans and do the same, plus a fan base can always have a toxic side.
    thats very true.

I felt bad too. I just have a feeling that if a Storm fan did the same thing it would be brought up at every opportunity and never ever be forgotten or let die.

However, I don't see any Storm fan resorting to such tactics. While I can't speak for EVERY Storm fan, I've gotten pretty much everything I've ever wanted for Storm. Official/inarguable Omega confirmation, Divine status, and a REAL position of power and influence. At this point even if I wanted to make a fake tweet to hype Storm, I wouldn't know what to write lmao.

Ok, maybe that's a lie. It would probably be something about her being Beyond Omega Level but hell Duggan basically gave us that when her called her the Omega's omega.
    oh yea the double standard is crystal clear youre absolutely correct but that is ok.

and right?!?!? I was like how much effort was made in doctoring up that fake tweets because Hickman from what I understand isn't even on twitter anymore but that is some type of hating to go through all that effort lol. and agreed I do not need anything else really. honestly and truthfully this is the happiest I have been with the xoffices since Claremont.

and lolol at the beyond omega but yes he did that essentially with his tweet. be on the lookout for some other fandoms to get him to make another tweet backtracking on that one lol.

yea legion is pretty insanely powerful. it was why I enjoyed storm being able to hurt him when he had merged with X-Man.

Look, I have no doubt that some of the omega list are extremely powerful (they all are), but Storm was the first mutant on the list (ok, she wasn't considered an omega back then), reaching divine limits, I think one of the reasons why they put him on the list is to say that ALL omegas have the potential to be gods. The gods are natural forces of the cosmos, they have great function and power, as many gods transcend through the multiverse and all that.
    I think the divine part is what sets her a part from the others, personally speaking.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

What kind of energy is coming out of the Mutant's fingertip? Storm managed to cut / disconnect easily

By the way, do you know more moments like this in the storm, cutting power?

What kind of energy is coming out of the Mutant's fingertip? Storm managed to cut / disconnect easily

it was just lightning apparently so some type of electrical energy i presume.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Judging by the coloring I would say kinetic energy akin to Gambit's cards. Also, she deflected his cards with lightning before so it kinda makes sense...
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by Rosa Snarks View Post
    Judging by the coloring I would say kinetic energy akin to Gambit's cards. Also, she deflected his cards with lightning before so it kinda makes sense...
    yea it doesn't even look or behave like lightning so bishop saying that didn't make much sense. I would agree it looks like the energy gambit uses.

Is it just me or did Duggan make her more bad ass in the last few issues she was in before she left?

The callisto fight when she traveled on lightning.
    The knives, converting a racist to a non-racist, catching that energy beam.

Like she was nothing to play with.

Fantastic Member

Is it just me or did Duggan make her more bad ass in the last few issues she was in before she left?

he "tried" in Marauders with some cute moments but after Planet Size he got some points with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosa Snarks View Post
    I thought it was random psionic energy that this mutant manifested in his fingertips

I feel like Duggan just "enjoyed" the character, as much as she was treated one way, if it's true that Storm's plans were already in store, the writers simply put her in a random title and held her, and waited for the moment. to transfer these plans to the comics

I thought it was random psionic energy that this mutant manifested in his fingertips
    It could be any number of things, photons (heat, laser etc), particles (protons. Electron etc), kinetic energy, a filament of cosmic void ( believe it or not they have been theorized), psionic construct…….
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeraldOfStorm View Post
    he "tried" in Marauders with some cute moments but after Planet Size he got some points with me.
    I honestly completely forgot about planet size. that was a boss moment for sure.

I feel like Duggan just "enjoyed" the character, as much as she was treated one way, if it's true that Storm's plans were already in store, the writers simply put her in a random title and held her, and waited for the moment. to transfer these plans to the comics
    do you feel like he could have done more or anything differently?

Fantastic Member

the funny thing is that doesn't even look like Duggan is the same writer who is writing X-Men judging by his Marauders run lol.