Page 17 of 67 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    What? You are making a very weak argument. The studio park has nothing to do with this. The theme park is rated G.
    We are only talking about movies.
    Raiders of the Lost Arc was rated PG, because PG-13 didn’t exist in 1981.
    This movie would be consider a hard PG-13 by today’s standards.
    That’s not stopping an Indiana Jones Adventures at Disneyland.
    The theme park has nothing to do with the movie’s rating.

Plus, The Disney brand names has never been on a Touchstone and Miramax movie.
    I will take more thought provoking story telling, real drama and depth over violence. As much as I like deadpool I can never call his movies the best xmen movies because of that.

The Disney brand will watch Days of future and The Dark Knight and accuse Fox and Warner brothers of harming children's minds. It is not fun enough. Some of their men will call it boring since both movies could go 20 minutes without something exploding . their other men will be horrified to see both movies do not have big messy cgi battles third arcs but rather a compelling drama supported with practical effects that never overshadows the story.
    Last edited by Marvelgirl; 01-08-2019 at 02:05 AM.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

I think there are pros and cons and only time will tell what the MCU does with the X-Men.

On the pro side, I'm hoping they make limited series featuring X-characters as they're planning to do with Loki and other characters. There are so many characters who could use the spotlight but probably wouldn't get their own film.

Zoe Kravitz comes back as Angel Salvadore (first class).

JK
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-08-2019 at 10:48 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    No it means Disney is taking X-men and Avatar. Probably keeping R stuff on Fox if they don't sell them to someone else.Bob Iger Disney CEO has already hinted at that

https://www.polygon.com/2018/9/20/17...feige-bob-iger

He’s the person that made two to Marvels when he divided MS from ME.
    So he is also hinting that ME will be over MS as one entity again.
    That would leave Donner and Kinberg to control the X-Men.
    Feige already has a lot on his plate to take on more characters.
    Last edited by Raiders; 01-08-2019 at 01:43 PM.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

That would leave Donner and Kinberg to control the X-Men.
    That is not going to happen. Kinberg had his time and Disney is not going to want him sticking around with whatever their new direction is. I don't know why you will not accept that FACT that they have no say about the X-Men movies going forward.

BANNED

D
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    That is not going to happen. Kinberg had his time and Disney is not going to want him sticking around with whatever their new direction is. I don't know why you will not accept that FACT that they have no say about the X-Men movies going forward.
    There are contractual obligations, that simple.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

While it is impossible to do this franchise properly without the Xavier/Magneto conflict and Wolverine, and I personally still want to see them, they need a break at least for the first couple movies. Xavier obviously has to be there, but leave Magneto for a post-credit scene or something and have someone like the Juggernaut or the Sentinels as the first film villain.

I would keep it as the O5 X-Men, and swap out Iceman for Storm. Bobby would be around Kitty's age and be introduced around the same time she is. Maybe the second film additions should only be Havoc and Polaris, with Wolverine, Colossus and Nightcrawler not showing up until a third film. They would of course market the **** out of Logan when he debuts, but ideally Logan will not be the star unless he (inevitably) gets spin off films. Keep Scott as the main lead in the ensemble, same as the Bronze age (and best) comics.

Since the Phoenix saga will no doubt have two shitty adaptations by this point, give the Phoenix Force a bit of a rest and focus on Jean as a character by herself. I still think Dark Phoenix needs to be done properly, but save it for several films in. That could even be the next big MCU-wide event film and bring in whatever Avengers and GoTG members are available at the time.

D

There are contractual obligations, that simple.
    Let' s explain this one last time even now he and Donner produces the films but FOX has final say on the films and thier direction. So even if he has a contract and continues to produce under Disney Disney will have final say just like Fox did so him and Donner staying on doesn't matter.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Let' s explain this one last time even now he and Donner produces the films but FOX has final say on the films and thier direction. So even if he has a contract and continues to produce under Disney Disney will have final say just like Fox did so him and Donner staying on doesn't matter.
    Let’s explain this one last time, Donner took created control in 2009, after Wolvenrine:Origin. She then brought in Simon Kinberg and reinvented the franchise with Fisrt Class, Deadpool and Logan.

No one is arguing Disney won’t have final say, of course they will, it’s their money.
    But Donner has a lot of clout and a strong voice in the final product too.
    She built a very successful X-Men franchise, it’s Fox’s biggest franchise.
    Disney is not stupid, they are not going to ignore her, they will listen to her.
    Last edited by Raiders; 01-08-2019 at 05:36 PM.

Let’s explain this one last time, Donner contractually got created control in 2009, after Wolvenrine:Origin. She then bought in Simon Kinberg and reinvented the franchise with Fisrt Class, Deadpool and Logan.
    No she didn't I'm sorry that's a flat out lie also Kinberg wrote Last Stand so he was involved in the X-Men Franchise years before First Class or 2009.

BANNED

No she didn't I'm sorry that's a flat out lie also Kinberg wrote Last Stand so he was involved in the X-Men Franchise years before First Class or 2009.
    Dude, I was referring to Kinberg producing not writing.
    The first X-Men movie he help produce was First Class, that’s when they reinvented the franchise.

Dude, I was referring to Kinberg producing not writing.
    The first X-Men movie he help produce was First Class, that’s when they reinvented the franchise.
    And they never had creative control Fox had to approve everything from Ideas, Scripts, and Final Cut of the Films.

BANNED

And they never had creative control Fox had to approve everything from Ideas, Scripts, and Final Cut of the Films.
    Of course every studio has final say, over all producers. Even when a producer and/or director has created control, it’s the studio that will have final say.
    No one is arguing Disney won’t have final say, of course they will, it’s their money.
    Disney is not stupid, they are not going to ignore her, they will listen to her.

Of course every studio has final say, over all producers. Even when a producer and/or director has created control, it’s the studio that will have final say.
    Yet they've never had a billion dollar movie and the MCU has had 6 under Feige as you pointed out Disney isn't stupid.

BANNED

Yet they've never had a billion dollar movie and the MCU has had 6 under Feige as you pointed out Disney isn't stupid.
    Because the MCU is Taylor Swift and the XCU is N.W.A.

Donner has a lot of respect in the industry. She been in the film business 40 years with a lot of success. She has produce a variety of different type of movies. Unlike Fiege, who only know how to produce one type of movie with the same formula.
    Last edited by Raiders; 01-08-2019 at 07:53 PM.