Page 45 of 52 FirstFirst ... 35414243444546474849 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    Guess who's back in Deathstroke Annual #1?
    http://comicbook.com/dc/2018/01/29/e...roke-annual-1/

Oh hey the boob window's back too.
    I guess this really is Karen's iconic look!

All-New Member

Hopefully they won't mess up. I just hope they threat her nice this time around, maybe a JSA series or even better her own. World's finest was terrible, World's end had it's moments and Earth-2 Society was boring. I'm tired of only seeing her in silly comics such as Harley Quinn's, those aren't serious comic books the story are irrelevant to the general story line and are mostly jokes on the size of her chest. I mean I love Power Girl and I can take a few jokes every now and then, but by making her part of silly story lines they are totally not helping her.

Yes! the cousin of Superman with personality is back. And the answerws about earth 2 will be answered.
    And if Superman is gatting his trunks back, I don't see problem with the return of the boobwindow. But prepare for the $#!+storm is social media.
    Last edited by Thor-Ul; 01-30-2018 at 08:06 AM. Reason: grammar.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    If powergirl comes back soon what do you guys what dc to do with her?
    -Keep her around in the Superman Universe as the supergirl from a parallel world.
    -Re-brand her as Power Woman (It worked for Sue Richards).
    -Keep Tanya as her sidekick as Power Girl.
    -Give her as series.Her return deserves a try-out.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    -Keep her around in the Superman Universe as the supergirl from a parallel world.
    -Re-brand her as Power Woman (It worked for Sue Richards).
    -Keep Tanya as her sidekick as Power Girl.
    -Give her as series.Her return deserves a try-out.
    Not only quoted for truth, but seconded!

All-New Member

I wouldn't mind having her renamed as Power Woman, but I'd prefer if she was still called Power Girl. Now for the Tanya part I think that if DC wants to keep her around they should just give her a name of her own so she'd have an her own identity.

The DC char I want most to see an ongoing series in the series I have least interest in?
    ... Might be the first Deathstroke issue I buy ever.

The article mentioned DS building a team which includes Terra? As in PeGees BFF forever Atlee Terra? If he gets Quinn on top and turns out to be a team comic like JLA it will probably my new fave!

Most modern version of Atlee & PG together I saw was here:

Always thought Deathstroke to be a dryer than crispbread bore; never imagined his series being a potential tongue in cheek fun-read.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubay17 View Post
    I wouldn't mind having her renamed as Power Woman, but I'd prefer if she was still called Power Girl. Now for the Tanya part I think that if DC wants to keep her around they should just give her a name of her own so she'd have an her own identity.
    *nods in agreement*
    Last edited by The_Lurk; 01-30-2018 at 12:27 PM.

Yeah! PeeGee coming back in an issue of Deathstroke means that at least we're gonna have a well-written appearance of hers. I hope that DC will be wise enough to drop once and for all the "girl of two worlds (but I just can't stop thinking about the other one)" angle that pretty much sank her character 12 years ago but I know it's never gonna be that simple. At least it looks like they learnt not to mess with her costume, so I'm cautiously optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurk View Post
    The article mentioned DS building a team which includes Terra? As in PeGees BFF forever Atlee Terra?
    Terra as in the OG Tara Markov, natural daughter of the King of Markovia and half-sister of Brion, who was established as having come out alive of the Judas Contract storyline in the Rebirth continuity. And boy, how happy I was to see dear old Tara back to her Eighties' personality, smoking, f*cking older men and not giving a s**t about anything and anyone! Just what I needed after fearing that that wonderful character was forever lost to make space to that walking dispenser of diabetes called Atlee.

Quote Originally Posted by Powertool View Post
    Yeah! PeeGee coming back in an issue of Deathstroke means that at least we're gonna have a well-written appearance of hers. I hope that DC will be wise enough to drop once and for all the "girl of two worlds (but I just can't stop thinking about the other one)" angle that pretty much sank her character 12 years ago but I know it's never gonna be that simple. At least it looks like they learnt not to mess with her costume, so I'm cautiously optimistic.

Terra as in the OG Tara Markov, natural daughter of the King of Markovia and half-sister of Brion, who was established as having come out alive of the Judas Contract storyline in the Rebirth continuity. And boy, how happy I was to see dear old Tara back to her Eighties' personality, smoking, f*cking older men and not giving a s**t about anything and anyone! Just what I needed after fearing that that wonderful character was forever lost to make space to that walking dispenser of diabetes called Atlee.
    Don't know much about the other one but they sounds like two completely different characters anyway who accidentally share a name; I do not see one being able to replace the other because of sameness. Thanks for the explanation

BANNED

I am all for Karen becoming powerwoman,and Tanya as powergirl.it worked for captain marvel and Ms marvel,and it can work here

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    I am all for Karen becoming powerwoman,and Tanya as powergirl.it worked for captain marvel and Ms marvel,and it can work here
    I think on the long run it will be healthier for the character to get an own unique ID. The sooner the better. The only thing that worked for Captain Marvel was the lawsuit success; millions of ppl will still think first and foremost of DCs Captain Marvel regardless of what some suits decided and will continue to do so for decades. That does not switch over just because a court decided its not anymore. Not out of stubborness, not out of hating the other character (I personally look forward to Marvels Marvel Movie; the first Marvel movie in years I look forward too) but just because that is what he is. Or was. It did not helped much that Shazam as a name itself is rather weak; while Captain Thunder might sound too simple I guess it would have worked better for Captai... Shazam.

Tanya is still an infant in comic book characters ages. The longer they wait with giving her an name unique to herself the harder it will be. And that is sad for an potential interesting character; since she does not fights for her own growth but also against "meh, thats the one who wants to be Power Girl" perceptions; and the more she will be tried to build up against these the worse it will get. When I want to read about Power Girl; I want to read about the established Power Girl; not someone else entirely different with the same hero name. Even if Power Girl should get renamed to Power Woman it will be next to impossible for Tanya to step out of Power Girls shadow if DC clings to her having that name.

line it drawn

So, completely out of nowhere here but something I wanted to drop in the thread.

Last week I decided that I really want to see Power Girl, when she eventually returns, in a relationship with Nightwing.

It was discussed in the Nightwing appreciation thread and people didn't seem to hate it. Thought I'd ask what people thought in Karen's thread.

I like the combination. I think Karen fits Dick Grayson's "type" other than not being a redhead, and while Karen's dating history is pretty thin, I'm pretty sure Nightwing is everbody's type.

Plus, you have the golden child of Gotham, everyone's favorite ex-sidekick, with the black sheep of Metropolis who is a part of the family, but not really. I like the contrast there.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

When I hear Dick Grayson, I can't avoid think about earth 2 Dick Grayson and his relationship with Helena Wayne. I suppose Karen and Dick could ship but there would still keep that strange feeling than she is with the ex of her bestie and that seems akward.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    So, completely out of nowhere here but something I wanted to drop in the thread.

Last week I decided that I really want to see Power Girl, when she eventually returns, in a relationship with Nightwing.

It was discussed in the Nightwing appreciation thread and people didn't seem to hate it. Thought I'd ask what people thought in Karen's thread.

I like the combination. I think Karen fits Dick Grayson's "type" other than not being a redhead, and while Karen's dating history is pretty thin, I'm pretty sure Nightwing is everbody's type.

Plus, you have the golden child of Gotham, everyone's favorite ex-sidekick, with the black sheep of Metropolis who is a part of the family, but not really. I like the contrast there.

Man i said the same thing years ago and totally agree.

I also want Karen to be Powerwoman also,but that probably never happen