View Poll Results: Who is your favourite YOUNG AVENGER?

Voters
290. You may not vote on this poll
  • HAWKEYE [Kate Bishop]

53 18.28%
  • HULKLING [Theodroe 'Teddy' Altman]

17 5.86%
  • IRON LAD [Nathaniel Richards]

5 1.72%
  • LOKI, God of Mischief

25 8.62%
  • MARVEL BOY [Noh-vah]

10 3.45%
  • MISS AMERICA CHAVEZ

33 11.38%
  • PATRIOT [Elijah 'Eli' Bradley]

33 11.38%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

12 4.14%
  • SPEED [Thomas 'Tommy' Shepherd]

17 5.86%
  • STATURE [Cassandra 'Cassie' Lang]

16 5.52%
  • VISION [Jonas]

4 1.38%
  • WICCAN [William 'Billy' Kaplan]

65 22.41%
Page 49 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    Yes, I meant that. It makes no sense when Robert Morales has been dead for five years and nowhere near a prominent enough writer to sign some sort of royalties contract.
    Why would they want to screw over a dead guy, though? It's not like he's going to be around to be pissed anyway. The fact that Eli HAS been indirectly mentioned in the comics and we HAVE seen his image being used in flashbacks and a variant cover seems to indicate Marvel still wants him as a part of their universe. I think if their goal was to erase Morales's work and its legacy from existence, they wouldn't even be acknowledging that they exist.

I'm upset about Eli's situation as he was a favorite of mine. I haven't read too much about the new Patriot just yet but I hope he turns out to be a great character.

I would love a new YA series. With Champions, Runaways, and X-men: Blue already out it would be great to have a Young Avengers comic as well with an eventual cross-over involving all of the teams.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Incredible Member

So apparently there's been a report that Eli was cut from the script from Black Panther.
    https://www.comicbookmovie.com/black...-movie-a157508
    Probably for the best since the movie already seems to have a lot of characters, and the fact his uncle would probably be more fitting for a supporting character,

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Eli's gone. For whatever reason, he's been replaced.

He was never a character I cared for; his sanctimony annoyed me in the way Heinberg wrote him, especially later in the run, but sorry to his fans. It always sucks when someone you like not only gets limbo'ed, but then gets replaced and you kinda know that's them just gone now.

Maybe you can get behind the new Patriot and hope they do more with him.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    He was never a character I cared for; his sanctimony annoyed me in the way Heinberg wrote him, especially later in the run, but sorry to his fans. It always sucks when someone you like not only gets limbo'ed, but then gets replaced and you kinda know that's them just gone now.
    My only real quibble with Eli was that his powers changed from 'We don't know what the hell they are but may include some super-strength' to 'We *still* don't know what the hell they are but seem to include super-hearing.'

If the people *writing* him care so little about him, then I'm not hugely motivated to care about him.

I do feel like he got a little bit robbed. He was the de facto leader, for a brief time, until Kate showed up and undercut him at every opportunity (which he was apparently meant to find endearing and attractive), even though she really didn't 'lead' or provide much tactics or strategy or leadership other than 'whatever Eli said must be mocked.' I'm sure we've all worked with that person, who's primary contribution to any situation is to bitterly snipe at the boss, but not actually have anything useful to contribute other than undermining the person in charge.

(And I'm not blaming the character of Kate for that, either. I just found the characterization annoying, and think that both she and Eli deserved some better writing.)

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I'm sure we've all worked with that person, who's primary contribution to any situation is to bitterly snipe at the boss, but not actually have anything useful to contribute other than undermining the person in charge.
    Ah.
    The Wolverine Affect.
    heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    Yes, I meant that. It makes no sense when Robert Morales has been dead for five years and nowhere near a prominent enough writer to sign some sort of royalties contract.
    It would have to be on the Morales front since it's affecting pretty much every character associated with the Bradleys. Josiah X was conspicuously absent from War Machine's funeral in Civil War II, even though Marvel remembered to have White Tiger there, and when Marvel was doing its celebration of the past Captain Americas for Cap's 75th anniversary in 2016, no mention was made of Isaiah.

what is everyone's ideal lineup for a Young Avengers team; if you could only have one?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    what is everyone's ideal lineup for a Young Avengers team; if you could only have one?
    Hmm. OK, let's go with

Speed
    Stature/Stinger/Stwhatever she calls herself now
    Prodigy
    White Tiger (Ava)
    Singularity
    And let's go with a new, trans character.

Admittedly, I just really want Singularity showing up somewhere again. So any "what's your line-up for ___ team" thing is going to include Singularity, by default. But I figure she could have fun with the Young Avengers.

The original roster, with the additions of Speed and the young Vision.

young avengers

1. Sureshot (kate bishop)
    2. Collider (tom shepherd)
    3. Wishcraft (billy kaplan)
    4. Alter-boy (teddy altman)
    5. Synth (viv vision)
    6. Patriot (david alleyne)
    -----
    Wasp (janet playing the sponsor role)

Astonishing Member

Are you asking for an all new Young Avenger book? or a book staring mainly members who were in the Young Avengers?

Well for the first one I guess would be like the first team mainly OCs but each hero is to represent a specific Avenger, the only non OC I can think of is Luna.

Now if it is a book staring characters who were Young Avengers I would use the original team all of them have Jonas rebuilt, though I guess Nathaniel would be out and maybe Eli unless Marvel can start using him again, I would make them the West Coast Avengers and the book would counterpart/capture DC's Titans rebirth.

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    Are you asking for an all new Young Avenger book? or a book staring mainly members who were in the Young Avengers?
    either works for me

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Eli's gone. For whatever reason, he's been replaced.

Maybe you can get behind the new Patriot and hope they do more with him.
    I agree that he's ''gone'', but I don't believe it is by choice. I really think there is some legal shit going on that prevents them from using the character, and I do think they would use him again if they were given the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    My only real quibble with Eli was that his powers changed from 'We don't know what the hell they are but may include some super-strength' to 'We *still* don't know what the hell they are but seem to include super-hearing.'

If the people *writing* him care so little about him, then I'm not hugely motivated to care about him.
    I'm not sure how that's a problem. Peak human senses is a powerset that Steve Rogers, his grandfather and uncle ALL had as a result of the Super Soldier Serum. If anything, Heinberg cared enough to do his homework and give Eli consistent powers. Remember: at the beginning of the series, he didn't have genuine SSS powers, it was all MGH. He only got the SSS abilities AFTER the blood transfusion from his grandfather. It was an actual plot point that his abilities changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    It would have to be on the Morales front since it's affecting pretty much every character associated with the Bradleys. Josiah X was conspicuously absent from War Machine's funeral in Civil War II, even though Marvel remembered to have White Tiger there, and when Marvel was doing its celebration of the past Captain Americas for Cap's 75th anniversary in 2016, no mention was made of Isaiah.
    Well, Marvel did mention ALL of the Bradleys on this article last year, for what it's worth.

The original gang, IMO, is a must: Billy, Teddy, Kate, Cassie, Tommy and, if possible, Eli.

Assuming it would be a long run this time around and not just a maxi-series like the other two ongoing volumes were, I wouldn't mind a larger cast. I'd include America Chavez ('cause she's in serious need of redemption after her solo book), and maybe a few other legacy heroes. I think it would be pretty cool if team got a new Iron Person, Asgardian and/or Vision like characters to fill the spot left by Nate, Jonas and Billy not being a Thor legacy anymore. And as I said before, White Tiger (Ava) and Power Man (Victor) would also be good choices.

BANNED

• Billy Kaplan- Wiccan
    • Teddy Altman- Hulkling
    • Tommy Sheperd- Speed
    • Cassie Lang- Stinger
    • Anya Corazon- Spider-Girl

Viv Vision would be brilliant with this roster too, but she's too busy being a Champion right now.