Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Diana has been mentally damaged and physically damaged so I can't see how Giganta can do that any differently unless it's on a different scale.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Diana has been mentally damaged and physically damaged so I can't see how Giganta can do that any differently unless it's on a different scale.
    Well someone has to be the one who actually broke Wonder Woman the same way Bane did with Batman and say what you will about Doomsday and the story that featured him but he did kill Superman and these stunts earned both character massive notoriety whereas Deva, Circe, and Medusa do not have any such thing.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Well someone has to be the one who actually broke Wonder Woman the same way Bane did with Batman and say what you will about Doomsday and the story that featured him but he did kill Superman and these stunts earned both character massive notoriety whereas Deva, Circe, and Medusa do not have any such thing.
    Is it because Deva, Circe and Medusa failed to hurt WW? no, it's because WW didn't let them get away with it. Bane's notoriety came from hurting the Bat and getting away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Is it because Deva, Circe and Medusa failed to hurt WW? no, it's because WW didn't let them get away with it. Bane's notoriety came from hurting the Bat and getting away with it.
    While Doomsday died as the villain who killed Superman which in it's own right is a great feat even though you know he died. Still if that's how Knightfall ended why not elevate Giganta to Bane and Doomsday's level? It should be something nice and dramatic.

Because it isn't possible to simply elevate a character to those levels. Bane was a nex character, taking the Bat-mythos by surprise and breaking Batman, proving to be deadly and intelligent. Doomsday was a one-use only plot device used to give Superman the hardest duel of his life. If you want to have a character like that in WW mythos (which isn't necessarily something needed), then you need to introduce a new one too, the older ones have aready more or less settled in a role and trying to elevate one of them as the Doomsday/Bane for Diana wouldn't work, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Because it isn't possible to simply elevate a character to those levels. Bane was a new character, taking the Bat-mythos by surprise and breaking Batman, proving to be deadly and intelligent. Doomsday was a one-use only plot device used to give Superman the hardest duel of his life. If you want to have a character like that in WW mythos (which isn't necessarily something needed), then you need to introduce a new one too, the older ones have aready more or less settled in a role and trying to elevate one of them as the Doomsday/Bane for Diana wouldn't work, IMHO.
    You never know until you try though. One needs to just stretch their little grey cells to make it work. Also the Wonder Woman mythos needs that kind of villain because every hero needs a villain that can really challenge them like the Joker and Lex Luthor. Cheetah only challenges Diana on a physical but her motives never stay the same and they are often pretty weak motives. Not even Ares has done something that really breaks Diana hard really hard or even challenges her for that matter. The only villain that came close to warranting a blood feud with Diana was the fourth Cheetah Sebastian Ballesteros
    Last edited by The Dying Detective; 02-14-2018 at 05:14 AM.

I think this may be part of their thinking when creating Grail.

I think this may be part of their thinking when creating Grail.
    But unfortunately even Grail has not even come close to warranting a blood feud with Diana and I am pretty much open to having any villain who can do and it doesn't matter if that villain is Angle Man of all people. I really cannot understand what was in George Perez's head when he created Barbara Ann Minerva by giving her such a terrible motive for fighting Diana.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    But unfortunately even Grail has not even come close to warranting a blood feud with Diana and I am pretty much open to having any villain who can do and it doesn't matter if that villain is Angle Man of all people. I really cannot understand what was in George Perez's head when he created Barbara Ann Minerva by giving her such a terrible motive for fighting Diana.
    I think part of the problem is that the Bane and Doomsday stories required editorial to tell all the writers to get behind it and lately that's not been happening. Both of them were basically company wide events.

I think part of the problem is that the Bane and Doomsday stories required editorial to tell all the writers to get behind it and lately that's not been happening. Both of them were basically company wide events.
    At least the stories involving Doomsday and Bane were good stories Wonder Woman has yet to receive story that was both editorially mandated and introduced a solid villain that fans can take seriously. They should never have killed off Sebastian Ballesteros the only Wonder Woman villain who actually can have a blood feud with Diana.