Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    LMAOOO you really just said that? Blink, Wolfsbane, Gambit, Magik, Boom-Boom, Rictor, Strong Guy, Shatterstar, Dazzler, Beast, Sunfire, Archangel, Sebastian Shaw, Frenzy, Marrow, Firestar, Mondo, Toad, Skids, Random, Lorelei, and Emma Frost aren't popular?
    Are you being ironic? I'm sincere... you are mixing some popular characters there with others that are meh! and some others that are unpopular or even hated... so I have trouble detecting the irony...

I mean... Emma, Magik and Gambit have their own fanbase. Beast is loathed by many x-fans. Frenzy and Sebastian Shaw are like meh! (they don't have many fans, but not many people despise them either). It took me some effort to remember who Mondo, Skids, Random and Lorelei are... And Toad is bottom of the barrel...

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    Are you being ironic? I'm sincere... you are mixing some popular characters there with others that are meh! and some others that are unpopular or even hated... so I have trouble detecting the irony...

I mean... Emma, Magik and Gambit have their own fanbase. Beast is loathed by many x-fans. Frenzy and Sebastian Shaw are like meh! (they don't have many fans, but not many people despise them either). It took me some effort to remember who Mondo, Skids, Random and Lorelei are... And Toad is bottom of the barrel...
    It was half and half. I was just having fun writing down all the X-Men I could remember from New Tian. But the point still stands that to say there are no more popular X-Men left in New Tian is completely ludicrous.

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    I'm sure it did, but what are they supposed to do? the US's only neighboring countries are Canada and Mexico (well, and New Tian now, i guess) who simply do not have the military to take on the US, it would be a bug smashing against a windshield. they're probably just trying their damnedest to not attract too much attention to themselves, since they are prime annexation targets. Granted, I am sure countries in Europe and elsewhere would happily lend some help, and send troops over to most likely Canada as a staging ground (it being a member of the British Commonwealth and all) but even so, in the real world the US has a huge army, have the most advanced weaponry, and would be fighting on their own (huge, third largest in the world by landmass) territory, putting them at a huge strategic advantage. Every other country that wanted to take it back would have to get troops and weapons across the ocean in massive numbers, and form an fairly large alliance to have a hope of winning. That doesn't happen overnight.
    I understand the logistics involved for NATO to mount an attack on America would be difficult, but if America threatened to return Europe to the days of Germany taking over in WWII, I think they would Nuke Hydra Cap.

But I see issues with Hydra Cap using mind control drugs in the water, and, Dr Faustus sending calming messages everywhere to make people cooperate, so there are problems with trying to react to Hydra, when you are being conditioned that Hydra is your friend.

Quote Originally Posted by WinterSoldier76 View Post
    If I recall correctly, the planetary sheild not only is an impenetrable field including teleportation in and/or out of it, it also immobilizes the ability to teleport anywhere inside the field itself.
    I did not know that. Is Nightcrawler having problems then? I saw he got beat up by a mob recently. Is that because the no teleport rule?

Incredible Member

With respect to those who enjoy and love this event: the page showing the opening cast of characters looks like a severe underwhelming borefest. Sure, we have Steve Rogers as the villain and Hawkeye and Black Widow, but seriously.. Mexican Falcon, America Chavez, female Quasar (where the hell is Wendell Vaughn?), Mile Morales, Viv the daughter of Vision, Cho Hulk, Riri "Mary Sue" Williams, and "Totally not Hope Van Dyne from the MCU" Wasp. This is our event of 2017 and I could not have find a more obscure list of characters not worth $5 dollars out of my pocket.

Again, if you love the event then that's cool and I respect that. I'm not here to start a war over Marvel's direction. But this cast looks ridiculous.
    Last edited by whiterabbit; 07-23-2017 at 08:35 PM.

This event is dragging
    We need better comics

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by whiterabbit View Post
    With respect to those who enjoy and love this event: the page showing the opening cast of characters looks like a severe underwhelming borefest. Sure, we have Steve Rogers as the villain and Hawkeye and Black Widow, but seriously.. Mexican Falcon, America Chavez, female Quasar (where the hell is Wendell Vaughn?), Mile Morales, Viv the daughter of Vision, Cho Hulk, Riri "Mary Sue" Williams, and "Totally not Hope Van Dyne from the MCU" Wasp. This is our event of 2017 and I could not have find a more obscure list of characters not worth $5 dollars out of my pocket.

Again, if you love the event then that's cool and I respect that. I'm not here to start a war over Marvel's direction. But this cast looks ridiculous.
    Miles Morales is a big character in publishing, Viv was a major character in a cult favorite series, America Chavez is a cult favorite herself. Totally Awesome Hulk holds his own in his title and Iron Man hasn't collapsed with Riri as a lead character. Would it be better if instead the cast list was something like Stingray, Firebird, Jocasta, Doc Samson, Rescue and Rita De Mara? Actually that wouldn't be so bad for me as it's nice when lesser known characters get some focus but I'm not sure these characters would work in this story.

Also focus shifts in the story. The overall story has previously focused on characters like Kingpin, Baron Zemo, Hank Pym/Ultron, Odinson, Bruce Banner/Hulk, Scarlet Witch, Vision, Scott Lang, Mockingbird and Hercules. I'd say that's a decent cast list.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    I think the heroes trapped under the dark force dimension dome in Manhattan will eventually escape and join up with the superhero resistance same with the heroes who are trapped out in space, also I think the X-men who are currently in new tian particularly the X-men blue team will most likely end up defeating Emma then they'll eventually join up with superhero resistance and I believe this because Emma has a cosmic cube fragment and I'm thinking that if they do defeat Emma they'll give it to the superhero resistance and also join up with them.

Im behind the times with Dr strange - how come he can't stroll out of there ?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    Im behind the times with Dr strange - how come he can't stroll out of there ?
    Elisa is preventing Dr.Strange from doing so. But since she is probably dead now, Stephen may get his chance this time.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Elisa is preventing Dr.Strange from doing so. But since she is probably dead now, Stephen may get his chance this time.

So he's not the boss mage anymore?

I had heard he was powered down recently which I guess he would need to be for this subplot to work coz otherwise I can't see him being in any trouble getting out of the dark dimension even if it's just himself

BANNED

ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon:
    LMAOOO you really just said that? Blink, Wolfsbane, Gambit, Magik, Boom-Boom, Rictor, Strong Guy, Shatterstar, Dazzler, Beast, Sunfire, Archangel, Sebastian Shaw, Frenzy, Marrow, Firestar, Mondo, Toad, Skids, Random, Lorelei, and Emma Frost aren't popular?

EDIT: Forgot Psylocke, Warpath, and Forge.
    Yes. I wrote this. Maybe You think that Blink or Wolfsbane are more popular than Wolverine or Rogue but I don't.
    Only Magik, Gambit and Psylocke, Emma are popular.
    Yeah That's true I was exaggerating a little.
    Main point is still true. Majority of X-men are not in Tian.
    Your list is similar to Avengers without all MCU characters.
    It was half and half. I was just having fun writing down all the X-Men I could remember from New Tian. But the point still stands that to say there are no more popular X-Men left in New Tian is completely ludicrous.
    Your group is more popular than:
    Logan, Cyclops, Xavier, Magneto, Rogue, Storm, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Jean Grey, Iceman, Iceman (young), Angel, Beast, Kitty Pryde, Cable, Legion
    right?

please... You half and half ... that's exaggeration like my post that all popular x-men are not present.

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    So he's not the boss mage anymore?

I had heard he was powered down recently which I guess he would need to be for this subplot to work coz otherwise I can't see him being in any trouble getting out of the dark dimension even if it's just himself
    he was powered down, yes. Though magic has started to come back, he is still pretty weak compared to his usual. Baron Mordo is also occupying the Sanctum Sanctorum, which can't help. In his book, he was trying a spell to bring down the shield, but it was botched by Spider-Woman crashing into it accidentally. And he is still Sorcerer Supreme at the moment, but apparently not for much longer according to post-Legacy teases.
    Last edited by Raye; 07-24-2017 at 04:14 AM.

America Chavez is a cult favorite ? Totally Awesome Hulk is holding his own ? Lool. Look at their selling numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    I think the heroes trapped under the dark force dimension dome in Manhattan will eventually escape and join up with the superhero resistance same with the heroes who are trapped out in space, also I think the X-men who are currently in new tian particularly the X-men blue team will most likely end up defeating Emma then they'll eventually join up with superhero resistance and I believe this because Emma has a cosmic cube fragment and I'm thinking that if they do defeat Emma they'll give it to the superhero resistance and also join up with them.
    By all logic the X-Men Blue should get stomped. I'd imagine Hydra attacks at the same time.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    he was powered down, yes. Though magic has started to come back, he is still pretty weak compared to his usual. Baron Mordo is also occupying the Sanctum Sanctorum, which can't help. In his book, he was trying a spell to bring down the shield, but it was botched by Spider-Woman crashing into it accidentally. And he is still Sorcerer Supreme at the moment, but apparently not for much longer according to post-Legacy teases.

Thanks for the summary

I'm behind my reading on marvel mystic since I thought it would read better in trade for me

Any hints on whos taking over as sorcerer supreme?

I'd like doom or wiccan