Page 51 of 166 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast

Fish Mooney came off more antagonistic this episode with her whole dark choice thing
    I mean she's not supposed to be the Joker or anything

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I can't believe I have to explain this... obviously, Bruce is not going to be in full training not that long after his parents' death and, well, he's only 13. Frankly, the thought of that is beyond ridiculous. He is testing his limits, though, and working on his deductive skills. It's more than a reasonable start.
    Did they state his age? I thought he was supposed to be 8 years old, like in every other Batman origin story.

Yeah, I like what they are doing with Bruce, so far, and the kid playing him was especially good in this last episode.

BANNED

I can't believe I have to explain this... obviously, Bruce is not going to be in full training not that long after his parents' death and, well, he's only 13. Frankly, the thought of that is beyond ridiculous. He is testing his limits, though, and working on his deductive skills. It's more than a reasonable start.
    BS man kids five and six years old do martial arts now.He is supposed to be one of the best hand to hand combatants on earth.He's already late starting his martial training at 13.He will also have to master free running this will take this little whiner years to learn.Almost all great athelete's start training as a child.Batman is definitely a great athelete.Not only that he will have to be master of hand to hand combat to train his sidekicks.He does'nt have time to bullshit around.
    Last edited by doodledude; 10-14-2014 at 01:54 PM.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Did they state his age? I thought he was supposed to be 8 years old, like in every other Batman origin story.
    I think the actor playing Bruce is about 13, but I might be wrong about that.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Yesterday's episode was a little bit better, but some things about it seemed really weird to me. The Fish Mooney "seduce me" thing was so random, and both girls had the sex appeal of a paper bag. Making them fight was so stupid and I don't see why any of that stuff was even included in the episode. It had nothing to do with anything. It was obvious that Cobblepot put poison in the cannoli from the start. Why didn't the goons get suspicious when he stared at them while they ate and didn't eat any of it himself? I'm very desensitized to violence, but the murder scenes in this show are unsettling even for me (the guy who was burned alive...). If Fish got less screentime and they turned down the graphic stuff, I think I'd enjoy it more.
    Hold my Annihilus- Johnny Storm

Quote Originally Posted by doodledude View Post
    BS man kids five and six years old do martial arts now.He is supposed to be one of the best hand to hand combatants on earth.He's already late starting his martial training at 13.He will also have to master freerunning this will take this little whiner years to learn.
    First of all, watch the attitude. Secondly, your argument is still ridiculous.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    He's supposed to be around the same age as Selina she said she was 13 did'nt she?

BANNED

First of all, watch the attitude. Secondly, your argument is still ridiculous.
    No my argument makes sense you are trying to defend bad writing on a bad show.I've been reading Bat's for years he's really supposed to be Batman the minute his parents are killed.Bruce Wayne is just a mask after that.Martial training should have started on the second episode weightlifting running.Detective training and forensics come later it would definitely make this show more interesting.
    Last edited by doodledude; 10-14-2014 at 02:05 PM.

No my argument makes sense you are trying to defend bad writing on a bad show.I've been reading Bat's for years he's really supposed to be Batman the minute his parents are killed.Bruce Wayne is just a mask after that.
    I have been following Batman for almost half a century and I have never, ever seen any incarnation where he instantly becomes Batman after his parents' death. Also, if you keep posting this nonsense, you're in danger of being banned for a spell for trollish behavior.

Spectacular Member The Lonely Man's Avatar

First episode aired here in the UK last night, I quite enjoyed it and think the show has promise. Highlights for me were Jim Gordon and young Bruce, I think both have been very well cast.
    I wasn't so keen on Sean Pertwee as Alfred and the whole 'cockney Guvnor' style he was playing, early days but I hope that passes, he also used the word 'mate' too much.

Interesting but understandable route they are taking with highlighting so many future Bat villians in the first epsisode, I particularly liked the idea of Selina witnessing the murder of Thomas and Martha Wayne.

Just briefly touching on the whole camp thing currently being discussed in here, I have only seen the pilot episode so am probably not best placed to comment yet but initial thoughts are this is nowhere near camp, by any definition.
    Mtgglf

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Fish Mooney came off more antagonistic this episode with her whole dark choice thing
    I mean she's not supposed to be the Joker or anything
    No, but her violent tendencies do seem to have some sort of influence on him in this Gotham. (If he is indeed the bad comedian from the first episode that witnessed her ferocious rage....)
    Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah!

Generic condescending passive aggressive elitist statement.

I've been reading Bat's for years he's really supposed to be Batman the minute his parents are killed.
    Yeah...I gotta disagree here.

It would be silly to see him going all Kick Ass as an immediate response to his parents death. Bruce Wayne is supposed to be a bit more withdrawn, focusing inward, studying outward, studying and learning about Gotham and the way the world works. Cerebral long before physical.

Gordon is the "Batman" character in this series, helping to shape young Bruce's idea of justice, and perseverance in a world that is spinning out of control.

Violence is only a tool.

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    Speaking of you I thought Nigma was done well, not so over the top as he had been. I liked how he was used this time.
    HA!!! I agree with you. I was a little worried in his first appearance but this one was more subdued. I love how he thinks Harvey is a moron which aligns with Riddler's personality. I hope we start to see him more.

Quote Originally Posted by EdwardNigma View Post
    HA!!! I agree with you. I was a little worried in his first appearance but this one was more subdued. I love how he thinks Harvey is a moron which aligns with Riddler's personality. I hope we start to see him more.
    That brief flash of madness describing the murder weapon was brilliant.

Like a dog licking his chops.
    Last edited by ispacehead; 10-14-2014 at 05:32 PM.