Page 52 of 865 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152552 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Because everyone would justly feel ripped off to buy a collector edition of a book for $100 and then have to put up with ads?. I wouldn't even buy a $20 trade if it included ads.

Maybe it's just me but I don't believe that anything I pay money for should be ad supported, if ads are included then the product should be free. As it is the only ads I view now are those served online while browsing which my eyes do a great job of skimming past, I won't watch any video content that is ad supported and I certainly won't buy any comics that include them.

Spectacular Member

Hey so I noticed that okko by hub is getting a second printing for the two harder to find volumes. On CGN its estimated for one to be the 27th, and the other us tba. Anyone know if there are any hard dates listed anywhere else as Im having a hard time finding any info related to these titles. Thanks!

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spirou View Post
    If it's Sunday Press Book size, we can expect something like this (found this picture while googling, appearently Little Nemo has already been partly released in that format in 2007).
    Link: http://www.chapelhillcomics.com/content/?p=219
    I wouldn't take any bets about the definite size before we have a confirmation, this book has yet to be sollicited properly, we only have indications at this point if I stand correct (?). But even if it's a bit smaller, these are great news for collectors. I'm in! (wife is rolling eyes - LOL)
    Attachment 2799
    So basically like Marvel's adamantium collections?
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Fantastic Member

My latest books:

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Roland1580 View Post
    My latest books:

I've been interested in that Killjoys hc. How's the book itself? And let me know how the story is
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Sentinel of Liberty WinterSoldier76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    I've been interested in that Killjoys hc. How's the book itself? And let me know how the story is
    I picked up the version pictured (slipcased OHC) and I will go on record to state that the build quality surpasses even Darkhorse's already high standards. I haven't had a chance to read it yet but the artwork / printing / paper quality / overall appearance gets an A+ grade. *insert rant about Marvel's nosedive in quality for paper, printing and cover stock in their collected editions*

If it's Sunday Press Book size, we can expect something like this (found this picture while googling, appearently Little Nemo has already been partly released in that format in 2007).
    Link: http://www.chapelhillcomics.com/content/?p=219
    I wouldn't take any bets about the definite size before we have a confirmation, this book has yet to be sollicited properly, we only have indications at this point if I stand correct (?). But even if it's a bit smaller, these are great news for collectors. I'm in! (wife is rolling eyes - LOL)
    Attachment 2799
    OK guys: I just got the answer from german author Alexander Braun who is on the project for Taschen. It will not be the original Sunday Press Book size but a bit smaller (so I think we can assume the 13x17 inches mentioned before should be correct, could also be 13x18 if it's similar to DC 75 years of comics, something in that size range, that's for sure). The main reason is, that there's no one able to do a machine binding for a book of this size (so great, it won't be glued. haha! ok we expected it to be sewn, didn't we?). There are Asian companys able to do a hand sewn binding with OK costs, but not for these large print runs (So every book this size we've seen so far is hand sewn, nice insight). More infos: There will be an additional 150 pages for editorial content and the hole thing will have a linnen binding and a cardboard slipcase (probably quite similar to DC 75 years of comics). Hope these infos help. My preorder is done!
    Last edited by Spirou; 05-28-2014 at 04:36 AM.
    Reading: Batman by Morrison, Death note, Inhumans, Sleeper
    The plural of Omnibus is Omniboo

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    I haven't read it yet but the quality of the book is really impressive. Also it's a limited edition so hurry up! It will become rare as Umbrella Academy slipcased editions

anyone pick up the Animal Man omnibus? Is it good?

Quote Originally Posted by Eamo71 View Post
    anyone pick up the Animal Man omnibus? Is it good?
    Yup, and I like it.
    It has a printed cover so not the usual ugly black cardboard, the binding is tight but not bad, definitely not a mousetrap like other DC omnibuses. The dustjacket is matte, not the usual glossy paper, but it looks good.
    The story is good, not my favourite from Morrison, but that doesn't mean that I didn't enjoy it very much, and I've read it after the Invisibles and 7 Soldiers of Victory, so my mind was already trained for the more insane stuff, and this was a bit less insane (but I still won't call it a regular superhero story).
    The only thing I disliked is the art, but I got used to it.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

OK guys: I just got the answer from german author Alexander Braun who is on the project for Taschen. It will not be the original Sunday Press Book size but a bit smaller (so I think we can assume the 13x17 inches mentioned before should be correct, could also be 13x18 if it's similar to DC 75 years of comics, something in that size range, that's for sure). The main reason is, that there's no one able to to a machine binding for a book of this size (so great, it won't be glued. haha! ok we expected it to be sewn, didn't we?). There are Asian companys able to do a hand sewn binding with OK costs, but not for these large print runs (So every book this size we've seen so far is hand sewn, nice insight). More infos: There will be an additional 150 pages for editorial content and the hole thing will have a linnen binding and a cardboard slipcase (probably quite similar to DC 75 years of comics). Hope these infos help. My preorder is done!
    Thanks for the info. Ok, I'll accept the "smaller" version At least it'll be a mite better to handle and one can safely say it's going to be a beautiful book.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Yup, and I like it.
    It has a printed cover so not the usual ugly black cardboard, the binding is tight but not bad, definitely not a mousetrap like other DC omnibuses. The dustjacket is matte, not the usual glossy paper, but it looks good.
    The story is good, not my favourite from Morrison, but that doesn't mean that I didn't enjoy it very much, and I've read it after the Invisibles and 7 Soldiers of Victory, so my mind was already trained for the more insane stuff, and this was a bit less insane (but I still won't call it a regular superhero story).
    The only thing I disliked is the art, but I got used to it.
    Thanks for that. It's a toss up between it and the Planetary Omnibus as my end of month options.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

For those of you, who like myself, preordered The Star Wars Limited Edition from amazon.co.uk, please note that as of a couple of weeks, it’s been classified as Currently unavailable

This of course got me slightly worried, as that preorder price was definitely pretty decent at around £41-43 (for those of us outside of the UK, the price was minimally higher due to VAT).

Surprisingly, I received an email today from amazon.co.uk stating that the estimated arrival date of the product in question has now been moved up from Sep 22-30 to Sep 4-12, 2014, which means everything seems to be still on track.

On further research, I found the Limited edition listed as The Star Wars: Based on the Original Rough Draft Screenplay by George Lucas [Hardcover] but the preorder price is now £75 and the publisher is Titan Books as opposed to Dark Horse on the original preorder.

Let’s hope amazon.co.uk don’t mess anything up with the original preorders.

Quote Originally Posted by Eamo71 View Post
    Thanks for that. It's a toss up between it and the Planetary Omnibus as my end of month options.
    As much as I love basically anything from Morrison, I would say buy Planetary. The build quality maybe a bit weaker (especially the paperstock) but it's still a very nice book and I just love that story.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    As much as I love basically anything from Morrison, I would say buy Planetary. The build quality maybe a bit weaker (especially the paperstock) but it's still a very nice book and I just love that story.
    Ok I shall cogitate on it. Thanks for the head up on both books.