View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 153 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 531031431491501511521531541551561571632032536531153 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 21662
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by canadianaidan64 View Post
    Well at least here in Canada we're taught that you're not supposed to use commas in numbers, I think that's a uniquely american thing. So it would just be 1 967 428,25.
    I'm canadian and I was always shown with commas in numbers lol

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Hatter View Post
    Swamp Thing by Moore and JLI/JLA by Giffen and DeMatteis are my most wanted DC omniboo. Also: Birds of Prey by Simone (or bulky tpbs), Secret Six by Simone, Jonah Hex Gray/Palmiotti, Gotham Central, JLA by Morrison, Suicide Squad by Ostrander, The Question by Denny O'Neil, Aquamna by Johns, Wonder Woman by Azzarello, Flash by Waid and Superman by Byrne.

Non-omniboo collections:
    Batman by Grant/Breyfogle, Dixon/Nolan (same format as Batman by Moench and Jones), Paul Dini's 'Tec run, Aftershock/Road to NML TPB, new versions of Legacy and Contagion, Batgirl (Cassandra)
    These are such solid lists. The bolded are the ones I'd definitely get, with Suicide Squad and BoP being possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Hatter View Post
    Cataclysm showed up on the Edelweiss catalog a while ago:

Batman: Cataclysm (New Edition) by Chuck Dixon, Jim Aparo (Illustrated by)
    On Sale Date: June 16, 2015 9781401255152, 1401255159 $29.99 USD
    DC Comics 464 pages

Written by legendary Bat-scribe Chuck Dixon, this classic BATMAN: CATACLYSM epic is now recollected in its entirety for the first time ever and leads directly into BATMAN: NO MAN’S LAND. Collects BATMAN #553-554, DETECTIVE COMICS #719-721, BATMAN: SHADOW OF THE BAT #73-74, NIGHTWING #19-20, AZRAEL #40, CATWOMAN #56-57, ROBIN #52-53, BATMAN CHRONICLES #12, BLACKGATE: ISLE OF MEN #1, HUNTRESS/SPOILER: BLUNT TRAUMA #1, BATMAN: ARKHAM ASYLUM: TALES OF MADNESS #1

It's already up on amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Catacly...tman+cataclysm
    I didn't know this was on Amazon already. Excellent!

Fantastic Member

So Chuck Dixon wrote the entire Batman Cataclysm cross-over? Wow. He was always a very prolific writer, and having one writer on a cross-over should prevent continuity mix-ups. Side note for all Dixon fans. If you haven't picked up his Airboy collections from IDW you really should. These are great, action-packed comics, with some great art by Stan Woch.

Incredible Member

Can someone please tell me whether the Batman Black Glove Deluxe and RIP Deluxe hardcovers have SEWN or GlUED binding? Thanks a lot. Also, all Absolutes are sewn, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHorus View Post
    I know how to convert it, just use Google and that's it. Still, I don't understand what is the 3/8 in 12 3/8. Those 3/8 are inches or another measurement system? In the metric system, if the number is not exact, you just put a comma and you add numbers one by one. For example: 32,4 and then 32,5, and then 32,6...

I also never understood why you use two systems (feet and inches) at the same time to measure a person's height... Why don't you just use one?
    A few people have answered, but I'll give it a shot as well.

In your example, 32 = Centimeters and .5 = Millimeters, thus 32.5. On your measuring tape it would show a Centimeter with smaller denominations marked within it, which would be your Millimeters. BUT once you reach 100 Centimeters you'll equal that to a Meter.

For us if we say 7 3/4" it'll be 7 = Inches and 3/4 = 75% of an inch or .75 on an inch. It becomes more complicated because our small denominations don't have proper names like your Millimeter does. On our measuring tapes, it would show Inches with smaller denominations marked within that as 1/16 increments. If you can round it up we do. So 7 2/16" = 7 1/8" or 7 4/16" = 7 1/4" or 7 8/16" = 7 1/2". BUT once you reach 12 Inches it equals 1 Foot And if you reach 3 Feet it equals 1 Yard. I know, it's overly complicated compared to the Metric system. It's also important to note the ' vs ". ' means we're measuring in Feet and " means we're measuring in Inches.

I feel bad because we've gone WAY off-topic.

Dc deluxes are all glued. Absolutes are combination sewn/glued.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by canadianaidan64 View Post
    Well at least here in Canada we're taught that you're not supposed to use commas in numbers, I think that's a uniquely american thing. So it would just be 1 967 428.25
    Which bizarro Canada do you live in where people are taught that form of crazy? Surely not the one I'm living in. Everyone I know here in Ontario would type that number 1,967,428.25. The way you marked it doesn't even make sense since there is no way to tell if you are referring to different numbers as a set, or as one whole number. The accountant in me just cringes at anyone thinking that it is remotely acceptable to type a number that way.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    I'm canadian and I was always shown with commas in numbers lol
    Whew, I was starting to wonder if I had somehow entered a strange alternate dimension Canada-land.
    Last edited by aquitaine; 10-18-2014 at 09:37 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHorus View Post
    I also never understood why you use two systems (feet and inches) at the same time to measure a person's height... Why don't you just use one?
    Feet and Inches are no more 'two systems' than meters and centimeters are 'two systems'. 12 inches = a foot. It's the same system.

I'm mostly a DC animated fan since I never got into the comics side of it. My Top 3 (I know it's sad I can't come up with 5) most wanted series in Omnibus format.

Technically all Vertigo titles.

1) Hellblazer
    2) Astro City
    3) Ex Machina

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aquitaine View Post
    Which bizarro Canada do you live in where people are taught that form of crazy? Surely not the one I'm living in. Everyone I know here in Ontario would type that number 1,967,428.25. The way you marked it doesn't even make sense since there is no way to tell if you are referring to different numbers as a set, or as one whole number. The accountant in me just cringes at anyone thinking that it is remotely acceptable to type a number that way.

Whew, I was starting to wonder if I had somehow entered a strange alternate dimension Canada-land.
    I don't know if it's the norm in Holland or if I'm an outcast but I would write it as 1.967.428,25.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    I don't know if it's the norm in Holland or if I'm an outcast but I would write it as 1.967.428,25.
    That is the norm here and in pretty much all of mainland Europe if I'm not mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    That is the norm here and in pretty much all of mainland Europe if I'm not mistaken.
    You're not. Same here.

Quote Originally Posted by danmar85 View Post
    I'm mostly a DC animated fan since I never got into the comics side of it. My Top 3 (I know it's sad I can't come up with 5) most wanted series in Omnibus format.

Technically all Vertigo titles.

1) Hellblazer
    2) Astro City
    3) Ex Machina
    It's not sad. I think the DCAU is the best possible version of the DCU (my love for Batman mostly comes from the animated universe, not from the comics). A recommendation if you don't mind: If you are a fan of JLU I think you should try Morrison's JLA run. I found a lot of similarities.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

My list :
    1. Gotham Central
    2. Spectre by Ostrander
    3. Swamp Thing by Moore
    4. Green Arrow by Grell
    5. JL by Giffen and DeMatteis

Runner ups:
    Suicide squad and Hawkworld by Ostrander
    Secret Six by Simone
    JLA by Morrison
    Question by Denny O'Neil
    Aquaman by Johns
    Batman by Rucka
    Batman by Brubaker
    And a whole lot more
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    It's not sad. I think the DCAU is the best possible version of the DCU (my love for Batman mostly comes from the animated universe, not from the comics). A recommendation if you don't mind: If you are a fan of JLU I think you should try Morrison's JLA run. I found a lot of similarities.
    Thanks, I'll keep it in mind if I ever want to delve into the series.

There's also the comic that's continued the JLU universe since the animated series ended, but I'm assuming you knew of it already.