Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    So successful in that he is your favorite

If we are talking money, I'd say it comes down to him & Karma.
    He's not my favorite. Though I like the way the character has grown.
    Again, he became a leader of an Avengers Team. That and being a millionaire makes him IMO the most successful New Mutant so far.

Think I explained that before.

The thing is, five years ago I would have guessed that Moonstar or Cannonball were more likely to be the most successful in their superhero career.

So it's quite a surprise.

And Karma? She's probably least successful of the former New Mutants together with Magma.. Both never did lead any team, never became an official X-Men and both became the most ignored New Mutant in X-books.
    Last edited by Master of Sound; 10-07-2015 at 04:32 PM.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Wasn't he always a millionaire from his father? And leading an Avengers team ain't what it used to be. He's leading a d-list team at best. Even more importantly, I don't think a mutant needs to be accepted onto a human team to be deemed successful.

Magik is the most successful New Mutant. She had her own dimension, is super-hot, super-cool, named the breakout star, and is the only mutant to be continuously on every flagship X-teams for the past few years. She's now the must-have mutant for writers.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Wasn't he always a millionaire from his father? And leading an Avengers team ain't what it used to be. He's leading a d-list team at best. Even more importantly, I don't think a mutant needs to be accepted onto a human team to be deemed successful.

Magik is the most successful New Mutant. She had her own dimension, is super-hot, super-cool, named the breakout star, and is the only mutant to be continuously on every flagship X-teams for the past few years. She's now the must-have mutant for writers.
    All of this ^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post

I must've missed something; what makes magik so popular?

Maybe he has achieved something that few heroes have post SW both financial and intellectual resources that allow him to create a team of heroes without ties to any spy agency or control from any government.

On the other side life has always finds a way to balance things even more in the case of comics heroes. For all we know he somehow had weakened his powers, the US government and many others distrust him and their operations, Shield has one or two spies in your group and for worse The Maker will be your opponent.

We can not forget Dazzler(Alison Blaire) she has gained space lately.
    Last edited by Knives; 10-07-2015 at 07:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I must've missed something; what makes magik so popular?
    Well, she is crazy beautiful young blonde with a cool sword and army of demons that she can summon from a hellish dimension that she controls.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    And Karma? She's probably least successful of the former New Mutants together with Magma.. Both never did lead any team, never became an official X-Men and both became the most ignored New Mutant in X-books.
    Karma was a prominent member of Astonishing X-Men for awhile. So she has been on an official team.

Does X-Factor count as being an official member? It's not affiliated with the main teams... in which case, neither Rictor, Wolfsbane or Cypher been on a main team either.
    Last edited by ChronoRogue; 10-07-2015 at 08:12 PM.

BANNED

Both Yana and Dani are more successful.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Yes, pretty much, it's impossible to argue otherwise. He has successfully taken over AIM and made it a force of good, that's already a higher accomplishment than most superheroes can ever hope to achieve.

Quote Originally Posted by Arya View Post
    Both Yana and Dani are more successful.
    Oh, tell me about the great successes by Dani Moonstar please...LOL!

In terms of more well known/notable... Cannonball. Then Magik - who could surpass Sam if she continues to stay in the spotlight. Followed by Moonstar and Sunspot.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

BANNED

I would say yes since he is the leader of the All New New Avengers,

In my opinion, yes.
    His heart is in the right place as evidenced by his TRO team of Avengers, and his current team is a symbol of the sapien/mutant cooperation Xavier pushed for his whole existence.
    He's gained the respect of his peers, beyond the X-verse itself.
    Right now, he's an example for the younger mutants.
    Right now, the other New Mutants are just not competing in the same category.
    They might even be regressing in Magik's case, depending on what her role in EXM end-up being.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

BANNED

Given that he's being singled out by Marvel higher ups and having his mutant powers stripped, I'm going to say yes. Unfortunately in the days of Disney control (and their lack of it on some of their properties) standing out like a sore thumb is the best way to get slapped down. But hey, he'll be in a book still. So he's still got that over hundreds of other X-characters.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    He no longer has his mutation, therefore he's not a mutant.
    Do you like the character Surge?

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

He lost his powers? When and how did that happen?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"