Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    The JMS era, it's natural progression after the Lee -> Conway -> Mantlo -> Stern -> Defalco -> Michillinie -> J.M.Dematteis

No clones, Spidey is married, MJ is great, Peter is funny, he's a scientist, no one accuses him of being a man-child, Peter Parker as a science teacher is ideal development for someone with his experience as assistant teacher in the 80s, and he still takes photos for the Daily Bugle..
    Teacher felt like the best alternative job for him to part time photographer. No offense to teachers out there, but its a good profession for someone like Peter who is supposed to be unsuccessful and unappreciated in life.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Incredible Member Moral_Gutpunch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    The JMS era, it's natural progression after the Lee -> Conway -> Mantlo -> Stern -> Defalco -> Michillinie -> J.M.Dematteis

No clones, Spidey is married, MJ is great, Peter is funny, he's a scientist, no one accuses him of being a man-child, Peter Parker as a science teacher is ideal development for someone with his experience as assistant teacher in the 80s, and he still takes photos for the Daily Bugle..
    Where can I start reading this? It sounds awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Teacher felt like the best alternative job for him to part time photographer. No offense to teachers out there, but its a good profession for someone like Peter who is supposed to be unsuccessful and unappreciated in life.
    Sadly true, plenty of teachers don't get the proper recognition they deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Moral_Gutpunch View Post
    Where can I start reading this? It sounds awesome.
    Starting with this issue
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Quote Originally Posted by Moral_Gutpunch View Post
    Didn't he already have a job at Tricorp? What happened to that?

Also, while I'm okay with Spider-Man/Peter being rich (it's not like he has Tony's personality), we already know he's bad with money and has no business savvy other than selling photo books. Heck, wouldn't he be smart enough to put someone else in charge while he works on science and gets patents? I know that's Stark-ish, but inventing stuff that goes horribly awry or makes people rich is a popular hobby in 616, and Peter's had it from the start.
    He got fired from Tricorp. Although that subplot wasn't handled very well.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Michael24 View Post
    I first got into comics in the early-90s, so the Mark Bagley/David Michelinie run has always been my favorite. ASM #361-363 is still my favorite Carnage story.

I got rid of most of my spidey books, So I am going from memory. But I would say most of the stuff that was printed in early to mid 90's (just before the clone events). When Peter was a 20 something guy trying to build a life be a hero, deal with the drama of life etc. I really found that rendition of Peter to be very relateble, because he really tried his best to be a stand up guy and behave like a fully loaded grown up.
    Last edited by Mia; 05-06-2016 at 03:06 PM.

Incredible Member Moral_Gutpunch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    He got fired from Tricorp. Although that subplot wasn't handled very well.
    Ah man. They couldn't even end it well.

Maybe it was because he dragged a vampire into work.

Fantastic Member

Animated wise, Spectacular Spider-man Spidey. If I'm reading a Spidey comic, it's Josh Keaton's voice I usually hear. After seeing Civil War, Tom Holland's Spidey was pretty much a live action version of Keaton.

And this is coming from somebody that was introduced to Spider-man mainly through Spider-man TAS and games like Spider-man vs The Kingpin.

Quote Originally Posted by KCJ506 View Post
    Animated wise, Spectacular Spider-man Spidey. If I'm reading a Spidey comic, it's Josh Keaton's voice I usually hear. After seeing Civil War, Tom Holland's Spidey was pretty much a live action version of Keaton.

And this is coming from somebody that was introduced to Spider-man mainly through Spider-man TAS and games like Spider-man vs The Kingpin.
    Spec was an excellent modern take on high school age Spidey that kept some of the trappings of the Lee/ Ditko run abandoned by Bendis' Ultimate.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Spectacular Member Obeythemoderators's Avatar

Pretty much all of the characters history until OMD. Although my preferable design will always be John Romita. Probably because his Spider-Man design closely resembles the first Spider-Man action figure(note that Spider-Man is more of a muscle bound in the actual cartoon show) that I ever owned.
    7c7a1ec9-290d-4f29-9c09-b0a62db4bc6c.jpgunnamed.jpg
    Last edited by Obeythemoderators; 01-07-2021 at 08:56 PM.

In Comics it has to be Ultimate Spiderman. I just started reading the Ultimate line and am only 23 issues in but I am really loving him. I also love Ultimate Mary Jane.

In the animated world I really loved the 90s Spiderman.

In the movies I liked Andrew Garfield in Amazing Spiderman movies. I like the MCU movies more but I didnt care for that Peter Parker as much. The MCU Peter was full of self doubt and in Far From Home he didnt really want to help Fury and Mystero and seemed like he needed a pep talk just to go to the bathroom.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Top 3

Comics: JMS Spider-Man
    Cartoon: 90s Spider-Man the Animated Series
    Live action: Tobey & Raimi Spider-Man
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    This is going to sound silly, but the silent ELECTRIC COMPANY version:

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Agreed. This will be my all-time favorite ******action version.

As for other versions...

Favorite animated version:

Favorite comic version:

1967 cartoon version.