Page 149 of 207 FirstFirst ... 4999139145146147148149150151152153159199 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,235 of 3103
    Mighty Member

I still find it humorous in a meta way that the Mutant Containment Unit (MCU) is taking away the mutants only for the train to be wrecked by the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    That's one of the flaws people tend to ignore in DOFP, because they really enjoy the film.

The sacrifice of characters was terrible and did not even connect very well with what he previous movie built.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    More like killing her Banshee, Angel Salvatore, Azazel, and Riptide (Okay Riptide is forgivable) but killing the rest off screen in DOFP was dumb and short sighted.
    One of the best issues with the film. More wasted characters and a weak third act in my opinion. Don't get me started on the proto sentinels.

The most annoying thing about this movie are the people who came out and called this movie the worst ever,They are ones who have given this film a small silver hope. They lower the expectations so much that people are watching the movie coming out with opinion "Yeah it wasn't the worst X-men movie ever, I actually enjoy it". And this movie doesn't deserve a real positive response. A film review of this film should have been something along the lines of

" It is average,forgettable film.Meh"

I understand why critics blast a movie like this because this is the worst thing a movie can be because Wolverine Origins or X3 are so bad they are entertaining, Of course something like Logan is great because it is so well done. This movie is just serviceable and forgettable, There is no issue in saying you like it but it is like saying like a McDonald's burger is good.And yeah when you want something quick to eat it is good enough but if you go to an actual good burger place have them put together a fresh burger and you will see the difference between serviceable and good. X-men Dark Phoenix should be blasted because they are one thing you shouldn't do with this content is be boring or just decent. They made one of the most spectacular X-men stories small and average. They had all the ingredients to make a great burger and made average one we shouldn't praise or reward that.

The most comparable movie in the franchise with Dark Phoenix is X-men 1, You probably left that movie thinking it is was pretty solid movie maybe even good and with repeat viewing and years of good movies coming out after you realize more and more that movie wasn't that good. That is what is going to happen to X-men Dark Phoenix it is not going to hold up with time. So what if it is not the worse X-men of the bunch. It is one of the strongest X-men stories one of the sure fire hits and they made a bad movie again.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 06-09-2019 at 09:53 PM.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post

spoilers:
    Having Jean be the victim of first Charles repressing her memories and then Vuk manipulating her completely negates any accountability for her own actions.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I don’t see how Xavier easing the memory of her killing her mom negates her muring people.
    end of spoilers

Oh and Beast sucks. I get he loved Raven but come on!
    There are scenes cut from the final film that rationalize Beast and Magneto going up against Jean a bit. You can see glimpses of it in the trailers.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    spoilers:
    I don’t see how Xavier easing the memory of her killing her mom negates her muring people.
    end of spoilers
    It's not necessary for the story. Charles and Jessica Chastain's character's actions take Jean from perpetrator to victim. Thus, Jean becomes a pawn in her own story. The story becomes less about the Jean and the Dark Phoenix and more about the people that manipulated her.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    There are scenes cut from the final film that rationalize Beast and Magneto going up against Jean a bit. You can see glimpses of it in the trailers.
    I am not sure of your point here. Those scenes aren't in the theatrical release. I shouldn't have to piece together clips from trailers that make a characters actions make sense. I am honestly not trying to be offense or defensive; I am not clear why you pointed this out.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    It's not necessary for the story. Charles and Jessica Chastain's character's actions take Jean from perpetrator to victim. Thus, Jean becomes a pawn in her own story. The story becomes less about the Jean and the Dark Phoenix and more about the people that manipulated her.
    I agree with you there and that is unfortunate.

I am not sure of your point here. Those scenes aren't in the theatrical release. I shouldn't have to piece together clips from trailers that make a characters actions make sense. I am honestly not trying to be offense or defensive; I am not clear why you pointed this out.
    Oh, I’m not saying that invalids your complaint. I’m just pointing out the source of the problem.

https://www.superherohype.com/movies...the-box-office

33 Million.

I was off by 3 M, but still this is the first X-men movie to not debut at 1 on opening weekend IIRC.
    Pathetic

The biggest problem with this movie is how dated it is.
    If it were released in 2006, replacing The Last Stand, we would ignore the lack of character development, the CW level action scenes and random villains.
    But these things are unacceptable in 2019, explaining why it's being shamed even being better than The Last Stand or X-men Origins: Wolverine.

THR is reporting some of what went on behind the scenes.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/am...mpression=true

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    The biggest problem with this movie is how dated it is.
    If it were released in 2006, replacing The Last Stand, we would ignore the lack of character development, the CW level action scenes and random villains.
    But these things are unacceptable in 2019, explaining why it's being shamed even being better than The Last Stand or X-men Origins: Wolverine.
    I thought the action was good and an improvement over the action in Apocalypse.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 06-10-2019 at 08:24 AM.

Fantastic Member Graphicisnovel's Avatar

I agree with the last two comments, there was something very CW or Twilight quality about the action scenes, I don't know why....
    Maybe the sets, or the outfits, the lines, the cast, the effects...idk...

Quote Originally Posted by four4elements View Post
    I agree with the last two comments, there was something very CW or Twilight quality about the action scenes, I don't know why....
    when Jean flies it is obvious she is using wires. That is bad

Fantastic Member Graphicisnovel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Is it bad that that is in my Pros column?

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    For some reason, no matter the director or choreographer or stunt coordinator or whoever, no matter the movie, no matter the year, bad wirework seems to be a staple of the X-Men movies. Other superhero franchises (fittingly for example, Spider-Man and Batman) have mostly seamless, almost wushu-like wirework.

Quote Originally Posted by four4elements View Post
    Just about everyone who’s said that could never really explain why they feel way. lol

Aquaman's rigs for the underwater scenes were a revelation. The flowing hair too. It's hard to believe it had an even lower production budget than DP.

The flying in these X-Men movies have always been wonky, but this one in particular was really bad. Magneto, Jean, and Storm all looked terrible.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!