Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    All-New Member

Default Batman: The Caped Crusader Volume 2

This comes out in January but skips over Batman 432. Volume 1 ended with Batman 431.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeInQueens View Post
    This comes out in January but skips over Batman 432. Volume 1 ended with Batman 431.
    Seriously? I thought the whole point of this and Batman the Dark Knight Detective was to go in order chronologically??

Incredible Member

Don't get me started on the sheer idiocy of these collections. Caped Crusader vol. 1 actually contains Batman 417-425, 430-431, and Batman Annual 12. They skipped Death in the Family so people would buy the extra trade. However, Batman 430-431 reference Jason's death with no explanation, so a normal person reading this book will have no idea what the f*ck is going on. Bizarrely, a preliminary image of Caped Crusader vol. 2 has Jim Starlin's name on the cover, which makes no sense because he is not the author of any of the solicited issues (433-444, Annual 13) OR Batman 432; it could be an indication that Death in the Family will in fact be moved to this volume.

Further, Batman: Second Chances (which can be viewed as a sort of Caped Crusader vol. 0) excluded the Legends tie-in Batman 401, the first appearance of post-Crisis Batman. Despite the fact that Dark Knight Detective does include the Legends tie-in Detective 568. Thus, the first post-Crisis Batman will seemingly remain perennially uncollected. (Second Chances is also missing Alan Moore's "Mortal Clay" from Batman Annual 11, which is more understandable.) It's stuff like this that just makes me loathe DC.

Spectacular Member

I can understand why they skipped Death in the Family, maybe even Batman #401 (although I find it annoying, too, to have such unnecessary holes in my collection), but skipping Batman #432 makes actually zero sense, as this isn't a tie-in to some bigger event. Reading the summary on dcwikia ( http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Batman_Vol_1_432 ) it's obvious that this issue should be included!

All-New Member

While this includes A Loney Place of Dying, it doesn’t include the New Titans crossover issues.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleGlovez View Post
    Don't get me started on the sheer idiocy of these collections. Caped Crusader vol. 1 actually contains Batman 417-425, 430-431, and Batman Annual 12. They skipped Death in the Family so people would buy the extra trade. However, Batman 430-431 reference Jason's death with no explanation, so a normal person reading this book will have no idea what the f*ck is going on. Bizarrely, a preliminary image of Caped Crusader vol. 2 has Jim Starlin's name on the cover, which makes no sense because he is not the author of any of the solicited issues (433-444, Annual 13) OR Batman 432; it could be an indication that Death in the Family will in fact be moved to this volume.

Further, Batman: Second Chances (which can be viewed as a sort of Caped Crusader vol. 0) excluded the Legends tie-in Batman 401, the first appearance of post-Crisis Batman. Despite the fact that Dark Knight Detective does include the Legends tie-in Detective 568. Thus, the first post-Crisis Batman will seemingly remain perennially uncollected. (Second Chances is also missing Alan Moore's "Mortal Clay" from Batman Annual 11, which is more understandable.) It's stuff like this that just makes me loathe DC.
    Agreed, they really should have ended Vol 1 with Batman 425 so that Death in the Family could slot in, then open volume 2 with Batman 430 showing Batman's reaction to Jason's death (or at least have a text page between 425 & 430 explaining why Robin suddenly vanishes) and skipping 401 so it remains uncollected compared to the other issues of this era also made no sense!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    Agreed, they really should have ended Vol 1 with Batman 425 so that Death in the Family could slot in, then open volume 2 with Batman 430 showing Batman's reaction to Jason's death (or at least have a text page between 425 & 430 explaining why Robin suddenly vanishes) and skipping 401 so it remains uncollected compared to the other issues of this era also made no sense!
    At least there's a chance that at some point they'll release the Legends crossover as Omnibus or Deluxe Edition, including Batman #401. On the other hand there's no plausible collection where Batman #432 could be part of, making its omission even more annoying than that of Batman #401.

I still hope this is just a misunderstanding and that Batman #432 will actually be included.

Spectacular Member

I just wish the volumes would come out with a bit more frequency. It's what? One volume of each per year?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by riddler123 View Post
    I just wish the volumes would come out with a bit more frequency. It's what? One volume of each per year?
    I agree. At least two volumes per year would be nice. Let's hope these will be continued long enough to fill the gap between CoIE and Knightfall.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by shaboo View Post
    I agree. At least two volumes per year would be nice. Let's hope these will be continued long enough to fill the gap between CoIE and Knightfall.
    I agree. It's a great era and they can't come out quick enough for me.

All-New Member

Just realized should they collect the 1982-1985 Doug Moench run, the last issue of pre-crisis Batman is Detective 567, written by Harlan Ellison. Since we didn't get the first post-crisis Batman appearance in Batman 401 collected, we won't get the last pre-crisis Batman collected either.

Spectacular Member

I wonder is issue 400 "ressurection night" will ever be collected

Spectacular Member

It's a shame that the Batman Omnibus series is still stuck in the Golden Age. I wish we could get all the Silver and Bronze Age stories much faster.

Batman #400 will be included in the upcoming Joker Bronze Age Omnibus.
    Cheers - CL

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Coco Loco View Post
    Batman #400 will be included in the upcoming Joker Bronze Age Omnibus.
    Have you seen how much it costs??