Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mataza View Post
    Alright, how about this.

Last name being Drake, background in wizards and warlocks (pen and paper boardgames). You can easily create more connections if you try.

He becomes either Dragon (which already exists) or Drake, a vigilante inspired in the animal of legend.

A creature that hides in its cave, that has a territory. An intelligent, cunning and resourceful creature. Its present in basially all cultures around the world, so there would be an unending amount of folklore about the it.

Imagine Tim having his own place, trying to control everything that happens in the area via surveilance tech and surgical intervention. Planning ahead and fighting crime using it. Maybe hoarding and using technology he gets from the badguys, adapting it, hes fairly good at that.
    "Drake" is also a male Duck.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Tim Drake's new codename:

DUCKMAN!

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    Tim Drake's new codename:

DUCKMAN!
    Darkwing

Quote Originally Posted by dropkickjake View Post
    Darkwing
    Mandrake.

Ha!
    (And now he got attacked by Ivy and pulled a Jason)

BANNED

Yeah, i was going to add that. Its a good way for villains to mock the character.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mataza View Post
    Yeah, i was going to add that. Its a good way for villains to mock the character.
    "Hey, kid! Quack quack!!!!"

BANNED

"Hey, kid! Quack quack!!!!"

BANNED

Mataza, you rock!

Not in this continuity but I thought about making the Drakes low-ranking members of the Court of Owls. I wanted to make his mom a social climber who joined the court of owls but gets cold feet/feels in over her head. That creates an interesting dynamic between Tim and his mom and gives her more of a developed role in his life.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Not in this continuity but I thought about making the Drakes low-ranking members of the Court of Owls. I wanted to make his mom a social climber who joined the court of owls but gets cold feet/feels in over her head. That creates an interesting dynamic between Tim and his mom and gives her more of a developed role in his life.
    We got that tripe with Dick. i didnt like it. Also would make Tim come from a family of crime.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'm not interested in the Court of Owls. But as I said in my first post here, there is a way to bring Janet Drake back (if you haven't seen the body, they're not necessarily dead); and something like this, with Janet being a social climber and entrepreneur who has a tendency to get into complicated situations, could make her an interesting addition to Tim's supporting cast. That said, I'd want to avoid the “she's working for the bad guys” angle; though I could see her getting tangled up in a plot or two that makes Tim question her loyalties. The key would be in the resolution: ultimately, she should be a good person who's trying to do the right thing, but sometimes (and only sometimes) goes about it in the wrong way. Basically, Tim is his mother's son.

That said, I wouldn't just drop her in. I'd do something similar to what Dixon did when he brought Stephanie back: drop a clue in Tim's lap that she might still be alive, and have him start doing his detective thing. As he investigates, he learns more about her, some of it troubling — this is where the aforementioned “right motives, wrong methods” would come in: throughout this story arc, the readers should be questioning whether the goal is to bring her back as a new villain it if she just got herself in over her head. That is, she's either in trouble, or she is trouble. The writers, of course, would be aiming for the former.

The idea would be to establish her as an interesting enough character in her own right that she ends up with her own fans, much like Lois Lane has: still firmly in the supporting cast, but nevertheless someone you end up rooting for.

The motivation behind this suggestion is that Tim was at his best when he had family and a more or less normal secret identity. Unlike Bruce and Dick, he grieved when his mother died, and then moved on. And he still had his father: he wasn't “orphan boy #3”. Bringing Janet back restored those aspects of his character, but with the roles of mom and dad switched. And making her savvy and adventurous and, once we meet her again, likable, hopefully inoculates her against being killed again.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Isn't Jack and Janet alive in the current continuity? I forgot where we were at this discussion. Did we pick parents alive or parents dead and that's why Red Robin's sad? Wasn't the last time I ask, people in general agree that parents dead is fine as long as the character development is done right? I guess there are other opinions regarding parents... so I'm gonna ask again, parents dead or parents alive, and in that point how does it affect Red Robin as a character, more Bruce-like or still Tim-Robin like.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I thought Tim’s parents were alive but in witness protection or something in post flashpoint continuity?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I thought Tim’s parents were alive but in witness protection or something in post flashpoint continuity?
    Yes in the New 52 but no news in Rebirth

BANNED

The new 52 and the witness protection thing got retconned.

Also we literally saw her dead body. Tim was at her, probably open casket, funeral.
    Bruce and y buried her. There are few deaths that are as definite as that one.

I'm fine with her staying dead. Jack should be brought back tho. And Dana too.