Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I saw that tweet - I think OGN would probably be the best format for Gotham Academy, but...I feel Fletcher tends to overpromise on things.
    Yeah, I can't really think of any other path it could take, so that is probably the only option.
    "You can't be everywhere, you can't do it all"
    "I'm not Batman, I have friends."
    "But listen, call yourself Bat-Chick, Knightbat, or Black Robin- the point is, don't forget- you have a family."
    "You don't need me. This is a job for.........Alfred!" -Tim Drake

"Dear Diary, I know what my next science project is going to be called: "My love/hate relationship with Gravity........And it was only then that young Stephanie truly realized gravity would forever be her enemy. "-Stephanie Brown

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Red obin View Post
    Yeah, I can't really think of any other path it could take, so that is probably the only option.
    Well, we could have more crossovers, but I have to admit, I read the first issue of the Lumberjanes crossover, and nothing I liked about Gotham Academy was there, so I didn't continue. I hope it's not crossovers, but OGNs, instead, since I think the kinds of stories the Detective Club can tell are better a bit longer than single issues.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Well, we could have more crossovers, but I have to admit, I read the first issue of the Lumberjanes crossover, and nothing I liked about Gotham Academy was there, so I didn't continue. I hope it's not crossovers, but OGNs, instead, since I think the kinds of stories the Detective Club can tell are better a bit longer than single issues.
    Yeah the Lumberjanes crossover was too heavily focuses on the lumberjanes, most likely because it was not published by DC. I doubt we will even get a Damian focuses Gotham academy title as he appears in #11s cover, because he already has 2 books.
    "But listen, call yourself Bat-Chick, Knightbat, or Black Robin- the point is, don't forget- you have a family."

"Dear Diary, I know what my next science project is going to be called: "My love/hate relationship with Gravity........And it was only then that young Stephanie truly realized gravity would forever be her enemy. "-Stephanie Brown

Yeah the Lumberjanes crossover was too heavily focuses on the lumberjanes, most likely because it was not published by DC. I doubt we will even get a Damian focuses Gotham academy title as he appears in #11s cover, because he already has 2 books.
    Why do you think that? I think #11 will likely feature Damian just as much as his previous appearances.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Why do you think that? I think #11 will likely feature Damian just as much as his previous appearances.
    Sorry, my phrasing was poor, I was saying that one potential route they could go is spinning off of GA by attaching a famous character like Robin, since he appears in #12. However, I doubt this as he already has two books.

Amazing Member

Read the issue (loved it). Read the interview (got me hopeful).

Thinking maybe we'll now get a "Detective Club" relaunch/spinoff?

Then we'd keep the characters, and DC would get that ever-desired new #1 issue boost.

And, maybe most important, more Maps Mizoguchi adventures!

Sorry, my phrasing was poor, I was saying that one potential route they could go is spinning off of GA by attaching a famous character like Robin, since he appears in #12. However, I doubt this as he already has two books.
    Ah, I see. Yeah, with Teen Titans and Super Sons, I don't think Damian will headline another book right now. But I do think that him showing up in whatever form Gotham Academy continues in is very likely. Though I haven't done a sales check to see if advertising him as part of the title boosts sales at all.

Quote Originally Posted by willtupper View Post
    Read the issue (loved it). Read the interview (got me hopeful).

Thinking maybe we'll now get a "Detective Club" relaunch/spinoff?

Then we'd keep the characters, and DC would get that ever-desired new #1 issue boost.

And, maybe most important, more Maps Mizoguchi adventures!
    The interview (like so many other things these days) has too much "hope" and "maybe" language. I wish DC would just go ahead and say "No more, ever" or "yep, we'll do a miniseries or a OGN at this time."

I would be so excited about a Detective Club title or OGN series - especially since that would skew things more towards Maps, which I think would be a significant help to the series overall.

I would love to focus the future stories on maps and the detective club, I believe they can tell plenty of interesting stories.
    also they have a bunch of characters they can bring in for the bat verse that they haven't used yet, I wonder if Damian could come back to school, I'm sure Bruce could pull some strings if he wanted to.

At least we still have 4 issues after this weeks #8, personally I hope that each issue focuses on a character- Kyle, Colton, Pom and Maps!

So I finally read #8 yesterday and it was great. I managed to recognise most of the list but had to google a few. Really like how they uncompensated the Frych's/ Fritch's into the history.

Also original Gotham Academy Second Semester #1 cover.
    FullSizeRender-11-e1460412251576-600x868.jpg
    Last edited by Red obin; 04-20-2017 at 01:07 PM.

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Shame about the title ending. Only silver lining is that it frees up a spot for me to add to my pull list. =\
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

trade-waiting - Ice Cream Man, Monstress

backlog - Blade of the Immortal, Mignolaverse, Promethea, X-Cutioner's Song

C-g7dLSXoAICcn9.jpg

from, https://twitter.com/brendenfletcher/...02846364700672

I dont know why! but I would love to see an issue, even if just a one off where Maps goes on patrol with Bruce and Robin. Would be cool!

Fantastic Member

Darn, this was one of the series I was planning to follow.

I guess I should at least still try to read everything.

Its so good! you should so read it!