Page 1506 of 1555 FirstFirst ... 50610061406145614961502150315041505150615071508150915101516 ... LastLast
Results 22,576 to 22,590 of 23324

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Just for you, Guy

Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Just for you, Guy

HA! Thanks Tami! Man the MMPR days were wacky.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

BANNED

Has anyone else ever dropped a series that they still liked, because the atmosphere surrounding them had become that negative and cynical?
    Last edited by TheLastDalek; 07-09-2018 at 04:28 AM.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDalek View Post
    Has anyone else ever dropped a series that they still liked, because the atmosphere surrounding them had become that negative and cynical?
    In terms of fandom?

I consider myself fandom agnostic for lack of a better term. I don't really pay attention to the discourse of fan communities, I just watch the shows.

I'm aware of like... Rick and Morty and Steven Universe having unpleasant fanbases, for example, but I don't really interact with them.

They've certainly effected my opinion of a show but I don't think I've been induced to outright drop a show because of it.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    So, this happened.
    https://twitter.com/edgarwright/stat...041299457?s=19

RIP. Somebody give Sharpandpointies a hug quick!
    Noooooo.....
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    Witcher 3: ran into a bandit camp. They try to kill me...I utterly destroyed them. Then...Found a note that says they're just a bunch of schmucks who deserted their army because the war took their family and friends si they resorted to being bandits.

...Well, ****. I felt bad...But they still tried to kill me...
    By all means feel badly. Honestly, it's not a terrible thing to feel badly after killing ANYONE, I figure.

But don't feel badly about defending yourself from a group of people who just up and decided to kill you.

Also, they prioritized their lives over that of others, to the point of being okay with robbing and killing people in order to survive. So it's not like 'some mistake was made and you killed the wrong people while defending yourself.'
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDalek View Post
    Like fandom atmosphere? Because if the atmosphere in the show gets too negative and cynical I stop liking it, and then I drop it.

fandoms or "outside" the show, nah. I just stop looking up fanworks, or if it's a general pervading atmosphere I just shut up and don't talk about it. That I can't think of one where I had to worry about that off the top of my head indicates how well this strategy works.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    fandoms or "outside" the show, nah. I just stop looking up fanworks, or if it's a general pervading atmosphere I just shut up and don't talk about it. That I can't think of one where I had to worry about that off the top of my head indicates how well this strategy works.
    Yeah, most of the time finding out that 'the fandom of this show is incredibly negative' or that kind of thing takes me by surprise as I don't tend to pay attention to the fandom. So, not really any effect on me enjoying the show.
    Why are we here?

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    By all means feel badly. Honestly, it's not a terrible thing to feel badly after killing ANYONE, I figure.

But don't feel badly about defending yourself from a group of people who just up and decided to kill you.

Also, they prioritized their lives over that of others, to the point of being okay with robbing and killing people in order to survive. So it's not like 'some mistake was made and you killed the wrong people while defending yourself.'
    Ah, fair enough.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Yeah, most of the time finding out that 'the fandom of this show is incredibly negative' or that kind of thing takes me by surprise as I don't tend to pay attention to the fandom. So, not really any effect on me enjoying the show.
    count me in. since, outside of the people on this site, i don't really interact much with the fandoms of series i like, what they do doesn't really effect my overall enjoyment of said series. that whole mess with that poor girl getting bullied to point of near suicide by members of the SU fandom was terrible and all but i don't blame the show runners, actors or producers for it.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Nik: Hey British political landscape, you look well today.

British Politics: *violently explodes*

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post

Why should America have all the fun?
    Why are we here?

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post

So whatever came of that "Brexit" thing anyway?
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!