Page 336 of 347 FirstFirst ... 236286326332333334335336337338339340346 ... LastLast
Results 5,026 to 5,040 of 5196

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, if they wanted a character to fulfill the role that "Ned" did in the movie, there were other options then just taking a character associated with Miles and slapping a new name on him.
    They could have gone further Ultimate and just made MJ his confidant.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Maybe they don't want to cause confusion with symbiote Venom?
    It is still a Sony movie so I can see why they would want to disassociate it with their other Spider-Man-esque film coming out this year. Plus "Shock Strike" is way more accurate anyways.
    Last edited by The Other SpiderMan; 07-10-2018 at 04:13 PM.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LASERlips View Post
    They could have gone further Ultimate and just made MJ his confidant.
    I feel like as a by-product of OMD, they've been pulling back on Mary Jane in other media as well.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Spectacular Member

I think it’s just a name for the toy. I mean his weapon fires web missiles. The toy itself has nothing to do with an electric attack.

I’m more concerned with the lack of articulation in those toys. The knees don’t even bend.

Plus why do all of their webs look different. Spider-Gwen’s just looks like cloth.
    Last edited by SpiderX; 07-10-2018 at 09:31 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Miles is marketed as "Miles Morales" but Peter is "Spider-Man."

I knew they would make Miles the "other" Spider-Man in his own damn movie.
    That is pressure-bubbling-volcano kinds of infuriating, isn't it.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderX View Post
    I think it’s just a name for the toy. I mean his weapon fires web missiles. The toy itself has nothing to do with an electric attack.

I’m more concerned with the lack of articulation in those toys. The knees don’t even bend.

Plus why do all of their webs look different. Spider-Gwen’s just looks like cloth.
    Yeah I get that they probably want the toys to match closely to the animation style of the movie, but the results just make them look off to me. Oh well not like I'm going to buy them anyway. But if they come out with an animation production art book or if the soundtrack is even half as good as the music from the trailers then I'm all over that.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    That is pressure-bubbling-volcano kinds of infuriating, isn't it.
    I mean, there are bigger things in the world to get upset about, but I don't like this idea of Miles being treated as "the other Spider-Man" in what is supposed to be a movie about him.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

I was wondering why there's no Miles with a hoodie+jacket toy but then I realized most of his figures might just be recolors from Ultimate Spider-Man toys.

There are rumors going around that Spider-Ham will be in the movie (no real surprise there), but there's supposedly one more person being announced. The primary theories are Miguel, Anya, or Cindy. I could see any of these possibilities happening Miguel since he has a history of involvement in things like this, Cindy since they might want to get an early introduction for her solo movie, or Anya because of the cartoon. If I had to guess it's probably one of the girls because at the moment the only girl we've seen so far has been Gwen and they'll probably want another to bring about some sense of balance.

We're never gonna see Mayday, are we?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    We're never gonna see Mayday, are we?
    We might not see Spinnerett or Annie May either.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    There are rumors going around that Spider-Ham will be in the movie (no real surprise there), but there's supposedly one more person being announced. The primary theories are Miguel, Anya, or Cindy. I could see any of these possibilities happening Miguel since he has a history of involvement in things like this, Cindy since they might want to get an early introduction for her solo movie, or Anya because of the cartoon. If I had to guess it's probably one of the girls because at the moment the only girl we've seen so far has been Gwen and they'll probably want another to bring about some sense of balance.
    The rumor also states that comedian, John Mulaney, will be voicing Spider-Ham.

Here's the variant cover for the Spider-Man Annual #1 coming out next month. Its by Ryan Benjamin and it is glorious.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

I actually heard a rumor 2099 wasn't gonna be in it. Guess we'll see
    Edit: ^^^That's a great cover

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    Here's the variant cover for the Spider-Man Annual #1 coming out next month. Its by Ryan Benjamin and it is glorious.

You're 100% right this does look great.