Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Yes, but I fail to see your point.
    The Top and Barry’s choice to have him mind wiped ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Hasn’t DC recon Barry’s COIE death due to the events of Convergence ?
    Nope- I’m pretty sure Convergence was Retconned in Superman Reborn and other books

Mighty Member

Forget the multiple "forces." I also don't like the idea of the Speed Force being separated from the Space/Time continuum.

In this issue I only really liked the speed feats and the return of Bart. I really dislike the way that Williamson writes Barry more and more with each issue. Flash #50 is probably the dropping off point for me. I stopped reading during the middle of Venditti's run and started again with Williamson. Maybe I'll read a Wally series or jump back on when Williamson is gone.
    Last edited by FlashEarthOne; 07-11-2018 at 03:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    As if all these folks could NOT co-exist. Meanwhile Peter Parker and his little brother-Miles are playing together to the tune of a movie and decent selling trades.
    I feel like it's a tad disingenuous to say that Peter and Miles are co-existing hunky dory when you look at MCU Spider-Man stealing Miles supporting characters/story beats or Miles saddled with "Kid-Arachnid," no codename, or having to be a co-star in his own movie whenever he's in something with Peter.

Spectacular Member

I lived this arc and what Williamson has been doing on Flash. I was so freaking excited at Bart's return...I literally jumped up and down. Bart is back and is Impulse again! Freaking awesome!
    I don't care if Max Mercury, Johnny Quick or Wally's kids return (especially Iris and Jai...sorry).
    But if they bring Jay back that is all I need (besides the Reverse-Flashes: Rival, Thawn, Zolomon, Inertia....Daniel West for Kid Flash) and that would be perfect for me. I know Godspeed, Negative Flash, Lady Flash and Avery Ho are still out there so we don't need any other speedsters, really. Just the core Flashes.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marxtles View Post
    I lived this arc and what Williamson has been doing on Flash. I was so freaking excited at Bart's return...I literally jumped up and down. Bart is back and is Impulse again! Freaking awesome!
    I don't care if Max Mercury, Johnny Quick or Wally's kids return (especially Iris and Jai...sorry).
    But if they bring Jay back that is all I need (besides the Reverse-Flashes: Rival, Thawn, Zolomon, Inertia....Daniel West for Kid Flash) and that would be perfect for me. I know Godspeed, Negative Flash, Lady Flash and Avery Ho are still out there so we don't need any other speedsters, really. Just the core Flashes.
    It is kind of hard to bring Bart back without his history with Max. Seems even more necessary than Jay to me. I'm not even a big fan of Max.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    The Top and Barry’s choice to have him mind wiped ?
    Dude, you may need to guide me to your actual point here, cause I'm not getting there alone. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Dude, you may need to guide me to your actual point here, cause I'm not getting there alone. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Barry was on the Justice League team that agreed to have Dr Light's mind wiped in Identity Crisis

Probably the most solid ending to an event for me since Superman Reborn. Loved this arc, and am happy to see Bart is back.

Impulse??? Like, original Impulse before Johns got his hands on him??? Really hope this sticks. It'll give me some hope we could eventually get a pre-Johns Kon-El back too.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 07-11-2018 at 04:33 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Mighty Member

This issue was fantastic and it really might secure this as one of the best Flash stories since before Infinite Crisis. Wally was awesome, Barry was awesome, and the conclusion was so damn satisfying. I can't wait to see what Williamson has planned down the road, especially for Bart and the Rogues, who he has teased he will be putting the spotlight on as individuals, which should be interesting.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Impulse??? Like, original Impulse before Johns got his hands on him??? Really hope this sticks. It'll give me some hope we could eventually get a pre-Johns Kon-El back too.
    To be fair, I think Bart got a lot of his old Impulse attitude back when he returned in Legion of 3 Worlds (written By Geoff Johns).

At least that's what I remember .

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Well to be fair it was Barry who destroyed Wally's life in the first place. That is just a cold hard fact. Barry messed up the timestream by being selfish witch not only trapped Wally in limbo it also wiped out his kids and made his wife forget everything about their life. If anything Wally should hate Barry more than Zoom and Hunter combined since he did more to hurt him than they ever did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Supermutant2099 View Post
    Barry is least interesting flash and least popular with fans. They have to make him more like wally every medium to make him interesting. Johns is madly in love (well as character) with barry allen. They don't seem to care if fans or other creators feel the same way.
    Master Luke speaks for me.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Sometimes, I try to argue with the Wally-worshippers when they twist the facts.
    Other times, I just give up.

Wonder how things would have been if there was an internet community when Barry died and Wally replaced him back in '86. (Life was much simpler then.)

Astonishing Member

Impulse!!!