Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Finally at home. It's raining cats and dogs out there, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    I am so looking forward to the next issue. Chaos everywhere and angry Batman. Poor Jason. I love it.
    This is basically my mood and mind now. I'm deeply looking forward to the falling out next issue. It's going to be hurtfully beautiful. And somehow, it all makes me even desire the solo arc, because I think it will feel really like a natural outcome for it all.

This issue was so strong, and not only in Jason's part: Biz and Art's, too, was tearful. It really made me feel for them. So pretty in a sad way.

And I think it's going to be even better for trade readers that will not suffer from the month wait between the last three issues of this arc (letter-this one-next one). Really an inspired and inspiring work for a book that didn't show like it was to aim for such impact at first glance (it still keeps a strong action movie feel).

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    Critical Condition....

...damn it, they are gonna have the old bird live.
    Of course they will however at least it provided a good issue

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    Critical Condition....

...damn it, they are gonna have the old bird live.
    He'll probably end up going in a coma/brain dead/ living on life support or something before making a miraculous recovery

Still, its far more than any of us seriously expected to happen

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

A solid issue that it did exactly what it was meant to do, but the execution itself was pretty sloppy. All the time spent on Bizarro's plotline was a waste of time since it everything was just solved off panel and doesn't really mesh with the start of the plot (Chairzarro was supposed to remain after Bizarro regressed to help the team), same with the Artemis and Creeper/Lex plotlines. Jason's actions regarding the Penguin while emotional, are also rushed, lacking good buildup for the situation to be earned. Plus, the odds of it actually sticking are really low. The timing for it is also pretty awkward considering the events on Batwoman and the main title. All in all, is obvious editorial is rushing things up so they can push the new angle.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    A solid issue that it did exactly what it was meant to do, but the execution itself was pretty sloppy. All the time spent on Bizarro's plotline was a waste of time since it everything was just solved off panel and doesn't really mesh with the start of the plot (Chairzarro was supposed to remain after Bizarro regressed to help the team), same with the Artemis and Creeper/Lex plotlines. Jason's actions regarding the Penguin while emotional, are also rushed, lacking good buildup for the situation to be earned. Plus, the odds of it actually sticking are really low. The timing for it is also pretty awkward considering the events on Batwoman and the main title. All in all, is obvious editorial is rushing things up so they can push the new angle.
    To be fair, Artemis may still save the fortress from falling over Gotham, and we cannot rule out yet the possibility of her succeeding in stopping it all from self-destruction, Chairzarro included (that name, I think comes from a fan nickname. At least I know I did read this moniker for it before reading it today). Not that I think she will, because that previous plot about the outlaws JL-like it's at best put on cold for a long while; but I wouldn't dismiss forever yet. Maybe she can land the fortress on the outskirts, the thing goes on closed hibernation while repairing itself, and meanwhile, we deal with Jason's solo misadventures and Bizarro and Artemis guess starrings here and there until they decide what to do with the book and we get a coming back and resuming of old plots or an actual goodbye.

Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but it can be, right?

I actually liked Bizarro and Artemis bits a lot. I think they kind of interfered with Jason's climax a bit too much; but even so, they were really emotional and they moved me.

Its all tumbling down and love/Hate it! Bizarro!!
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    To be fair, Artemis may still save the fortress from falling over Gotham, and we cannot rule out yet the possibility of her succeeding in stopping it all from self-destruction, Chairzarro included (that name, I think comes from a fan nickname. At least I know I did read this moniker for it before reading it today). Not that I think she will, because that previous plot about the outlaws JL-like it's at best put on cold for a long while; but I wouldn't dismiss forever yet. Maybe she can land the fortress on the outskirts, the thing goes on closed hibernation while repairing itself, and meanwhile, we deal with Jason's solo misadventures and Bizarro and Artemis guess starrings here and there until they decide what to do with the book and we get a coming back and resuming of old plots or an actual goodbye.

Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but it can be, right?

I actually liked Bizarro and Artemis bits a lot. I think they kind of interfered with Jason's climax a bit too much; but even so, they were really emotional and they moved me.
    I'm talking about the fact Chairzarro started the fortress' self destruct function once Bizarro regressed, despite issue 14 showing he was designed to literally do the opposite.

I'm talking about the fact Chairzarro started the fortress' self destruct function once Bizarro regressed, despite issue 14 showing he was designed to literally do the opposite.
    Oh, I see.
    Hmmm... Weird.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Well its not out of the realm of possibility for Chairzarro to be hacked even if Biz said he couldn't be at some point. I chose to see it as someone like Lex having hacked into Chairzarro through a backdoor protocol of some kind that was linked specifically to Biz's intelligence. Lex didn't revive Biz out of the kindness of his heart after all and he's gone back to being evil again. There are also indications that he wants his property (Biz) back again so I could very easily see him having done something like this.'

The other answer is that Biz did it himself to prevent the tech from falling into the wrong hands.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 07-11-2018 at 01:54 PM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Astonishing Member

I suppose the storytelling slickness of having Jason pull the trigger, but not get to finish the job, and Penguin having a miraculous soap opera recovery works well enough in giving lots of people what they want, which is a Red Hood willing to kill even though some characters are going to have plot armor, and having the cops already swarming was a fair enough way to avoid his just being able to double-tap Penguin in the head. I suppose I'd hate to see Penguin go, as it's him who has the Bruce Wayne reversal/contrasts, and all other would-be Penguins (Emperor Penguin or Son of Penguin) are kind of lame wannabes.

I liked how Lobdell used the Ma Gunn, and granddaughter Faye stuff to build to this. I suspect there's probably more to it than that, since there's the Willis Mystery aspect, the obvious possible romantic notion with Faye, the mysterious stalker dude who has been stalking the Outlaws this whole time mind-gaming, few other things. But it's a good way to build to a close out on Lobdell's run itself. Jason's been on the redemption kick for a few years now but I always think back to a few key moments, particularly in Morrison's run of all things.

Morrison Moment # 1: Jason to Damian; "We'd make good partners, kid." ... well yeah ... you've both killed, tried not to, and apparently, are both killers who just Eighty-Sixed PROMINENT Gotham gangsters, moreover, the leading members of the Black & Whites organization.

Morrison Moment # 2: Jason was already gunning for Penguin at one point, as Oswald was in the room with Gabriel Santo, Aitch-Eyes, Fidget, Gentleman-G, Tony Li and High-Rise when Hood and Scarlet slaughtered them and maimed Santo. Being at that meet was basically what Jason considered being complicit in using the Gotham City Night Club scene to funnel EVIL new drugs into Gotham.

Interesting notion if some point down the road Jason and Damian do the "WE BROKE THE RULES" team-up.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

reports are Lobdell is off the book after the Jason solo arc?

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    Nope. Look at our character thread. All lies.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    Today Lobdell said he isn't leaving the book anytime soon

Penguin should be dead.....

Great Issue....
    #MagnetoWasRight

Mighty Member

I can't wait for the Bat showdown. My money is on the Batman (cause he is the Batman!), but I want to see Jason making him bleed. Even Batgod bleeds!