View Poll Results: How would you rate this issue?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

1 3.70%
  • ★★★★

3 11.11%
  • ★★★

4 14.81%
  • ★★

8 29.63%
  • 11 40.74%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

It sucks that mailed Jason off to dark god land, without a superhero codename.

Obviously, it was more important to somebody (James, Johns, whoever) ..to just introduce Wonder Woman's twin brother, with some big story, and get off the potty. Giving the Wonder Woman family a male superhero, in the traditional sense, seems to have been much less important. That seems a little wasteful to me, because I think Jason had promising moments in this run, before Jason disappeared and came back, wrapped in auto parts...I mean 'that costume'. Even when he toasted a sky full of Parademons, what should have been a big moment, somehow...wasn't?

It was pretty much downhill, after that. Downhill, with no codename.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Incredible Member

How would Steve Trevor's beard "hurt" Diana when they kiss? Doesn't Diana have super invulnerable / durable skin? Or is it both super sensitive and super invulnerable / durable?

By the way...

https://www.newsarama.com/40775-wond...ing-at-50.html

"You know how strident Wonder Woman fans can be."

I'm now an ex-Robinson fan and he won't get a dime from me ever again.

That's a super insulting interview, sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    "That scene [No Man's Land], to me, was the epitome of her being an Amazonian warrior, being fearless, and being almost eager for battle. I think maybe people shied away from it because it felt like it might come across as war-mongering, but it was just an enthusiasm for battle that Gal Gadot brought to the film that I found very exciting and appealing."

What even the hell? She didn't rush into No Man's Land because she was eager for a fight, she did it because she wanted to help the people in need. Sweet Christmas, that explains so much about his characterization of Diana.

Good riddance to this awful run and good riddance to Jason.
    lr0ijmo9cqq01.jpg

By the way...

"I was already getting crap from social media about how this is Wonder Woman's book and she should be the center of attention at all time."

Yeah, how dare you Wonder Woman fans be so demanding that she get the attention in her own book

I didn't even read this run and I'm glad he's gone. Looking forward to getting back into WW again.

By the way...

Um okay. Don't blame ME for your shenanigans.

What a capper to a run.

Boy, bye.

Man...

Setting aside if there is any validity to his point, that's just not the way to address it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    It sucks that mailed Jason off to dark god land, without a superhero codename.

Obviously, it was more important to somebody (James, Johns, whoever) ..to just introduce Wonder Woman's twin brother, with some big story, and get off the potty. Giving the Wonder Woman family a male superhero, in the traditional sense, seems to have been much less important. That seems a little wasteful to me, because I think Jason had promising moments in this run, before Jason disappeared and came back, wrapped in auto parts...I mean 'that costume'. Even when he toasted a sky full of Parademons, what should have been a big moment, somehow...wasn't?

It was pretty much downhill, after that. Downhill, with no codename.
    I thought he was Captain Wonder?

There is so much crap in this interview that I don't even know if I could quote it, but attacking the fans and saying he balanced things out between Diana and Jason? Oh, please. The guy even talks about mansplaining and criticizes the opinion of a woman who just wanted Wonder Woman to be a powerful icon!

At least it seems the "strident Wonder Woman fans" pissed him off enough that now he can't even pretend to want to to go back to the title. Lol. Should've stayed for only those eight issues. Take note, DC Comics: don't hire people that follow the schedule if they can only do that by writing trash stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    I thought he was Captain Wonder?
    Well, he is a captain ..AND a 'Wonder'; so, he may as well be. I'm just not sure it fits him, though. While Grant Morrison might have given Jason some kind of mental radio pulse and ended his run, with him giving the Dark Gods a giant stroke, ..so far, Jason hasn't had that big, superhero moment. As much as I would have liked and had hoped to cheer on his heroic exit (not death), ..he never really became a 'Captain Wonder'.

Well...now, that he's been given the Artemis treatment, some writer is sure to come along and dig him up. I'd wager you can count on seeing Jason, again, before Wonder Woman 1984 hits theatres.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Incredible Member

I'm really looking forward to reading Jason's Quest ... said no one ever!

That interview was pretty amusing. It's amazing how one person can have such different views (e.g. the current run offering a "balance" between Diana and Jason and the No Man's Land scene in Wonder Woman being about Diana's eagerness and enthusiasm to do battle), but everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Please take care not to cross the boundary between discussion (even if it's angry/frustrated discussion ) and personal attacks against a creator.

You can slam the creation all you want (terrible story! the art sucked!), but you cannot describe the creators in those terms (she's an idiot! he's a hack!)

Thanks!
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

Please take care not to cross the boundary between discussion (even if it's angry/frustrated discussion ) and personal attacks against a creator.

You can slam the creation all you want (terrible story! the art sucked!), but you cannot describe the creators in those terms (she's an idiot! he's a hack!)

Thanks!
    More seriously, his Gloria Steinem comment pissed me the most : why do female characters always need to be depowered to be "strong"? Men can get superpowers upon superpowers, and yet seen as awesome. Women should have get the same treatment : they can be powerful (superpowers) and strong (characterization).

Funny that he is talking about mansplaining after having literally mansplained a seasoned feminist like Ms Steinem.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderSpace View Post

More seriously, his Gloria Steinem comment pissed me the most : why do female characters always need to be depowered to be "strong"? Men can get superpowers upon superpowers, and yet seen as awesome. Women should have get the same treatment : they can be powerful (superpowers) and strong (characterization).

Funny that he is talking about mansplaining after having literally mansplained a seasoned feminist like Ms Steinem.
    I think you missed his point.He was saying she was strong regardless of whether she's superpowered or not.It wasn't that she needed to be depowered to be strong

Its not uncommon for writers to depower male heros of time to time.Superman had to go though that several times if I'm not mistaken.
    Last edited by Baseman; 07-12-2018 at 06:43 AM.