Page 8 of 234 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Scarlet Witch just mentioned in an Amazon-Quiz, in what times do we live !?! :O

https://www.newsx.com/amazon-quiz/am...on-pay-balance

Also ...

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    He had helped Sue Storm. Doom has had plenty of heroic moments to balance the villainous ones.
    :

From “Magickmarker”, pretty sure that’s the same as “Magickmaker” on Deviantart.

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post

Also ...

:

From “Magickmarker”, pretty sure that’s the same as “Magickmaker” on Deviantart.
    That's hilarious and pretty true.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    My first introduction to Scarlet Witch was in the 90s Iron Man cartoon alongside Hawkeye, War Machine and Mandarin. She...

Attachment 75927

...Oh wow. That's different. I don't remember her looking like that at all. I remember her wearing her classic costume. So maybe the classic one was in the 90s X-Men cartoon. I don't remember her appearing in X-Men, but I didn't watch every episode.

Oh well.

She... I actually don't remember anything from that Iron Man cartoon. I don't remember what her character was, what she did except being part of the ensemble, and what's her relation to Tony.

So uh... That's it for now!
    Thats an unfortunate first exposure to the Scarlet Witch character but I guess on the bright side, its only UP from there...
    NOT her best interpretation of her occult abilities.

That Iron Man animated series used the FORCE WORKS lineup and costume design for Wanda, the first attempt at giving her a battle dress. It rarely looked good on the page, but this pinup shot of her put its best potential forward. On the plus side, I believe FORCE WORKS was also the first attempt to make Wanda a leader among her peers, having grown strong after weathering the relentless crises she faced during her stint with the Avengers West Coast during the John Byrne tenure as writer/artist.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    But she's a lot easier to find than in the House of M era when they were playing up her status as Magneto's daughter.

Generally, the less important Magneto is in her life, the more important Wanda is as a character. It's different with Pietro.
    No. That was Bendis pushing his favorites for years. Once he was gone..she was right back. And shes appeared on multiple shows because she was Magneto's daughter.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Thats an unfortunate first exposure to the Scarlet Witch character but I guess on the bright side, its only UP from there...
    NOT her best interpretation of her occult abilities.
    What... the frick... was that

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    And shes appeared on multiple shows because she was Magneto's daughter.
    But she and Pietro never appeared on the Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes cartoon (even though Wanda originally appeared in many of the stories they adapted) because they were already on Wolverine and the X-Men as Magneto's children. So that's one of the first things I always think of when I say being Magneto's daughter hurt her.

She's a minor X-Men character and a major Avengers character, but because Magneto is a much more famous character than she or Pietro, it seemed for a while like they were going to be known mostly as minor X-Men characters. So I'm glad the MCU version changed that a bit.

Whatever the reason they didn't have her in a lot of stuff, I hope she ends up in a cartoon soon. It's very weird to me that if all that is true that she's still not in anything.

Extraordinary Member

Whatever the reason they didn't have her in a lot of stuff, I hope she ends up in a cartoon soon. It's very weird to me that if all that is true that she's still not in anything.
    The speculation has been that she was swallowed up by the unofficial semi-ban on characters whose movie rights were owned by Fox. Even though her rights were shared with Disney and even though Fox wasn't actually using her, they still weren't going to use her in cartoons or most games. The retcon of them not being mutants in the comics didn't affect this situation at all.

Wanda has had a weird mix of good and bad luck for most of this decade. She hasn't done bad but there's always a catch, it seems. So the good news about the Fox deal is that it ends the whole shared rights situation but the bad news is that it brings a whole bunch of more famous characters into the MCU for Marvel to promote.

(One of the producers of Marvel animation, Cort Lane, mentioned back in 2013 that Scarlet Witch was one of his two favorite Marvel characters but he didn't consider it likely that she would be on the show, even though it was already known she was going to be in the MCU.)

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Smile

When Done Right, I always enjoyed the Forcework's look for Wanda and her Short haired Look as Well!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    The speculation has been that she was swallowed up by the unofficial semi-ban on characters whose movie rights were owned by Fox. Even though her rights were shared with Disney and even though Fox wasn't actually using her, they still weren't going to use her in cartoons or most games. The retcon of them not being mutants in the comics didn't affect this situation at all.

Wanda has had a weird mix of good and bad luck for most of this decade. She hasn't done bad but there's always a catch, it seems. So the good news about the Fox deal is that it ends the whole shared rights situation but the bad news is that it brings a whole bunch of more famous characters into the MCU for Marvel to promote.

(One of the producers of Marvel animation, Cort Lane, mentioned back in 2013 that Scarlet Witch was one of his two favorite Marvel characters but he didn't consider it likely that she would be on the show, even though it was already known she was going to be in the MCU.)
    I have a friend in gaming that told me that her rights and rights to many characters were just more expensive than others. So that might be how they applied the ban. Which would explain why rights were pretty selective.

Also I thought Feige said that her's and Pietro's rights were not negotiated for. That neither Fox or Marvel had the exclusive rights so both could use them.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 01-09-2019 at 12:26 AM.

Also I thought Feige said that her's and Pietro's rights were not negotiated for. That neither Fox or Marvel had the exclusive rights so both could use them.
    They probably do/did share rights, but by the looks of it decided to split the twins, with Fox gets Pietro and Marvel getting Wanda.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post

Also ...

:

Speaking of which, who do you think is Avengers' top "Enemy with benefits?" (Like Doom to FF and Magneto to X-Men)

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Speaking of which, who do you think is Avengers' top "Enemy with benefits?" (Like Doom to FF and Magneto to X-Men)
    Probably Immortus, yeah he has wrecked the Avengers but he has aided them on occassion and was willing to help Jan and Alex get Katie back

Extraordinary Member

Another link to the news about Jac Shaeffer being hired to write and executive produce the "Vision & the Scarlet Witch" show.

Shaeffer worked on the script for Captain Marvel and was hired to write the Black Widow film, so Feige clearly has confidence in her.