Page 14 of 149 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Now that you say that, adding Whitney Fordman as someone who treated Clark really poorly growing up but now is a veteran with PTSD who loves Superman and is trying to make amends with Clark- that'd be a great addition to a supporting cast.

Bibbois fine too, but dont see Superman or Clark as a barroom kinda guy. Maybe as a union guy who works in LexCorps harbour yards and is an informant for Clark. Maybe he becomes a bartender later in the stories.
    I loved that whitney's death as a hero before clark himself became one really impacted him. Snyder had him in man of steel as well. Also, i loved Clark's adopted little brother ryan. Man! Did smallville have itfair share of death. Clark lost a lot of people.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 10-29-2019 at 10:46 AM.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Honestly I think they should've done this on HBO Max, not connected to the Arrowverse. Imagine they make an eight-episode series with a full budget comparable to the MCU Disney+ shows, that's all about rebuilding Superman from the ground up and reconstructing him to what he should be, as opposed to Zack Snyder's take that bastardized him. Then they could build a new shared universe around that, piece by piece, as opposed to rushing in with the cart before the horse, and bombing with Justice League.

What's weird is that we know DC shows are coming to HBO Max. Not only is Doom Patrol renewed for Max, and it's believed Titans will be as well, but it's also rumored we're getting shows for Adam Strange, Blue Beetle, Green Lantern, Lobo, Metal Men, The Question, and Red Hood, among others. It's great if they all get shows on the premium service... but why not freaking Superman?
    We know Superman exists within the Titans-verse. They've made direct reference to him and Conner is a regular. So there is a chance he might at least make an appearance sometime down the line. But with him getting a show on CW I doubt that they'll do a full on spin-off anytime soon. The streaming shows seem to be more for the "lower tier" characters. They seem to have dropped the ban on characters appearing on TV if they're in the movies so more than one TV version of Superman is a possibility. I just don't see it happening anytime soon. The best you could probably hope for right now is a one off appearance on Titans or something
    Assassinate Putin!

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    We know Superman exists within the Titans-verse. They've made direct reference to him and Conner is a regular. So there is a chance he might at least make an appearance sometime down the line. But with him getting a show on CW I doubt that they'll do a full on spin-off anytime soon. The streaming shows seem to be more for the "lower tier" characters. They seem to have dropped the ban on characters appearing on TV if they're in the movies so more than one TV version of Superman is a possibility. I just don't see it happening anytime soon. The best you could probably hope for right now is a one off appearance on Titans or something
    Dick Grayson is hardly "lower tier", and Bruce Wayne himself is on TITANS.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Dick Grayson is hardly "lower tier", and Bruce Wayne himself is on TITANS.
    But he isn't in Batwoman. Even though Batman is. Which begs the question: Who can use who? Could Titans use Superman if they wanted to? And if so, in what capacity?
    Assassinate Putin!

But he isn't in Batwoman. Even though Batman is. Which begs the question: Who can use who? Could Titans use Superman if they wanted to? And if so, in what capacity?
    I think the extensive use of Bruce Wayne answers that question more or less. They also are going to be using Martha Kent this season reportedly. Lex has been heavily mentioned and we got Lionel already. Though they still don't acknowledge whether or not the various DC Universe shows are in a shared universe. Doom Patrol doesn't line up and Swamp Thing was cagey about things (though I have a few episodes left in that series I don't recall any references to the other shows)

I suspect that the constraints that existed before have been severely loosened. Arrow was forced to kill off Amanda Waller and the Suicide Squad for the DCEU movie. Whereas now we have multiple Barry Allen's, Cyborgs, Bruce Waynes, and no less than three Supermen appearing in the same show.

Haven't seen the second season of Titans yet, but if the "Batman" of season one, and anything Batman related in Batwoman so far counts, I'd say use is minor character at best. So not main character, or regular supporting cast. And in costume is more restricted than out of probably.

Sorry if that's wrong, like I said haven't seen season 2 of Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I think the extensive use of Bruce Wayne answers that question more or less. They also are going to be using Martha Kent this season reportedly. Lex has been heavily mentioned and we got Lionel already. Though they still don't acknowledge whether or not the various DC Universe shows are in a shared universe. Doom Patrol doesn't line up and Swamp Thing was cagey about things (though I have a few episodes left in that series I don't recall any references to the other shows)

I suspect that the constraints that existed before have been severely loosened. Arrow was forced to kill off Amanda Waller and the Suicide Squad for the DCEU movie. Whereas now we have multiple Barry Allen's, Cyborgs, Bruce Waynes, and no less than three Supermen appearing in the same show.
    Could WB getting bought by AT&T have changed the rules then?

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    It’s entirely possible. They clearly want to make these services and channels work as well as they can, so imposing those kind of restrictions makes no sense when audiences clearly can differentiate between versions in different media.
    Last edited by Yoda; 10-29-2019 at 12:59 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    I don't know. It was an entirely new concept at the time. I think they eventually revealed the AI had been corrupted, so it wasn't actually Jor-El, just a mixture of him and outside influences.
    The AI wasn't really corrupted.

The last season told the Jor-El AI wasn't a exactly copy of Jor-El personality. Jor-El put his knowledge in the AI to be a guide for Clark, but he doesn't put his ego or regrets (as Jor-El though it would be a burden for Clark).

So, that's probably why the AI is pretty unemotional and focus in Clark fulfilling his destiny.
    Last edited by Konja7; 10-29-2019 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    I really expect this new Superman show to be similar to Supergirl.. and Lois to be more mature and emotionally strong than Clark
    Well, if it's like Lois & Clark, we might get a really insecure Superman, but at least they couple took turns in that department. If it's more like the more recent Superman things I watched (i.e. last 7-10 years), then it'd probably be lots of insecure Superman. I mean, for me, it's just not a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    I really expect this new Superman show to be similar to Supergirl.. and Lois to be more mature and emotionally strong than Clark... because the CW treats this Superman as inferior to women. yay.
    I don't know what you've been watching, but that's not this Superman at all. I admit, they've treated him less than favorable in the past, but this is his own show, that will likely be the flagship show if popular, so Superman will be a leading man again. Though I admit a mistake of the writers was having him constantly say Kara was better, they likely did that because they never thought he'd actually be a main character of his own show, though that doesn't excuse it, that's likely their logic. As for immature and not emotionally strong? I think you've let your hatred for this Superman blind you, that's the complete opposite of who he is, this is a Superman with over a decade of history under his belt, and what we've seen of him he's usually the most calm collected person in the room. So things are definitely looking up for this Superman, especially since he won't be as tied to Kara anymore, and they can start writing him as the strong, influential hero, we know.
    Last edited by GSman; 10-29-2019 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    The AI wasn't really corrupted.

The last season told the Jor-El AI wasn't a exactly copy of Jor-El personality. Jor-El put his knowledge in the AI to be a guide for Clark, but he doesn't put his ego or regrets (as Jor-El though it would be a burden for Clark).

So, that's probably why the AI is pretty unemotional and focus in Clark fulfilling his destiny.
    I don't know why Smallville never used the Eradicator when you consider the Jor-El AI was pretty close to being that.

That’s what I’ve read on other sites. WB used to be set up where all the different departments were competing with each other. ATT has ended that and instead is focused on all the sub branches working together which is how it should be frankly.

Yeah it's kind of silly when a company gets tangled up in its own red tape. Like they said the Williams theme can't be used for the COIE crossover. Music that WB owns can't be used on a WB show. Why? And it was just used for Krypton.

Haven't seen the second season of Titans yet, but if the "Batman" of season one, and anything Batman related in Batwoman so far counts, I'd say use is minor character at best. So not main character, or regular supporting cast. And in costume is more restricted than out of probably.

Sorry if that's wrong, like I said haven't seen season 2 of Titans.
    Let's just say that one scene of Titans season 2, is quite the fun Easter Egg.