• Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    So you're saying there's a chance....
    Helllllllllllllll NOOOOOOOOOOO
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    We've all learned by now that the X-Office doesn't care about character progression. They wanna keep things the way they've always been. A character can only move forward an ounce before they get dragged back to the same ol' same ol' (rut). Happened HARD with one of my favorites, and I am still salty.

Look at them bringing back the Rogue x Gambit stuff rather than letting BOTH character explore new / healthy relationships with different people we haven't see them crash & burn with already.

May be giving them too much credit, but maybe StormPanther is fine, and they'll just bring up Stormerine to give closure to it. After all one of Logan's old lovers is back in the picture, and supposedly she's a big love he lost a while back. So Logan may go to her -not Storm.
    Unless your name is Summers or grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    The problem with Storm and T'Challa in the comics hasn't changed. They are controlled by two different editorial offices. The Black Panther is under Avengers editorial and Storm is part of the X-Men editorial control. So what happens in Black Panther doesn't necessarily influence what happens in the X-Books. I won't be surprised if she's with T'Challa in his book and flirty with Wolverine in the X-Men with neither book addressing the difference.
    They can always, y'know, talk to each other.

Snapchat
    Instagram
    Facebook
    Text

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroex View Post
    That she could never make this mistake again? God i'm hoping
    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Helllllllllllllll NOOOOOOOOOOO
    Seriously, you don't think the X-Office is purposely trolling fans of the Storm/BP relationship?

They want to get people riled up over this. They want people to get worked up.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

They can always, y'know, talk to each other.

Snapchat
    Instagram
    Facebook
    Text
    That's asking too much of them. They'd have to actually care about continuity, which they don't. A character in 2 different X-books will have drastically different stories with neither acknowledging the other. lol So you already know they probably won't keep up with a different editorial office.

The X-Office is very lazy these years. Writers just write whatever is convenient for a story, and neither they nor editorial care how it fits with anything else, or if it's accurate..

Quote Originally Posted by Tmacaoni View Post
    So whats the x-offices point? If they don't care for the character, then stop using her...jeez. Its so irritating. She gets so much out in the general Marvel U and back at the X-side she barely knows what her abilities are. Its no wonder why people think Storm is weak sauce. She so far away from her claremontian self that its tragic.

I'm convinced that Kitty should've led the New mutants team and Storm should've had her own squad.
    Unnecessary drama. That's all they have left.

Seriously, you don't think the X-Office is purposely trolling fans of the Storm/BP relationship?

They want to get people riled up over this. They want people to get worked up.

OH no I definitely think the xoffices are trolling. Here's why:

1. She ain't said one word about Tchalla in gold
    2. Jean has interacted in 1 issue of red with Tchalla more than Ororo has in nearly 30 issues.
    3. Guggs has Gambit and O'roro kissing in the issue Coates showing her and Tchalla reconciling their relationship.
    4. Then of course this stupid cover. I'm over the xbooks. I refuse to spend my money on that garbage.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Yup to the bolded.

@Coates. Bless his heart. He's trying mighty hard.

I said it once and I’ll say it again. He’s wasting his time.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Let's wait and see. Maybe Ororo will let him know all they can be are friends.

But I acknowledge it doesn't look good. I wish they had the interviews with the writers like they used to back in day. I would love to know why the xoffices purposefully go out the way to contradict what happens in the bp books.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 03-13-2018 at 05:07 PM.

BANNED

Yup to the bolded.

@Coates. Bless his heart. He's trying mighty hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    The problem with Storm and T'Challa in the comics hasn't changed. They are controlled by two different editorial offices. The Black Panther is under Avengers editorial and Storm is part of the X-Men editorial control. So what happens in Black Panther doesn't necessarily influence what happens in the X-Books. I won't be surprised if she's with T'Challa in his book and flirty with Wolverine in the X-Men with neither book addressing the difference.
    You ALL are absolutely right. Coates is wasting his time unfortunately. As I said before I don’t want Storm portrayed like a Woman who bounces from Man to Man like it’s Ok. If she has a boyfriend that’s T’Challa than acknowledge it, don’t let her go back to her old annoying flame. Them you made her kiss Gambit right after she told T’Challa she won’t leave him. This worries me because if Storm solo does happen the X-Office will NOT acknowledge anything she did in her solo. Which means No growth.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    You ALL are absolutely right. Coates is wasting his time unfortunately. As I said before I don’t want Storm portrayed like a Woman who bounces from Man to Man like it’s Ok. If she has a boyfriend that’s T’Challa than acknowledge it, don’t let her go back to her old annoying flame. Them you made her kiss Gambit right after she told T’Challa she won’t leave him. This worries me because if Storm solo does happen the X-Office will NOT acknowledge anything she did in her solo. Which means No growth.
    Do you think it's also a waste of time writing her period? Showing her divinity, building her mythos outside the xmen?

Do you think it's also a waste of time writing her period? Showing her divinity, building her mythos outside the xmen?
    Waste of time writing her period? No.

Waste of time writing building her profile in the greater MU? Definitely not!

Waste of time writing her in a relationship with a character that the X-Office could hardly give a rats ass about even though said character is the star of a movie that has become a worldwide cultural phenomenon and has grossed a billion, this cementing him as an A-Lister in the Marvel universe? Why yes. Yes it is.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

BANNED

Waste of time writing her period? No.

Waste of time writing building her profile in the greater MU? Definitely not!

Waste of time writing her in a relationship with a character that the X-Office could hardly give a rats ass about even though said character is the star of a movie that has become a worldwide cultural phenomenon and has grossed a billion, this cementing him as an A-Lister in the Marvel universe? Why yes. Yes it is.
    Actually, Black Claw I Disagree. I say yes. What’s the point of character growth in the greater MU if the other writers like the X-Office don’t care about or acknowledge it. Look at Rogue she is doing GREAT with the Avengers fighting Ultron, Zombie Hulk, Monsters, The Black Order, Celestial ETC ETC. But look what happens to her in Gold she got taken out by a program. -_- Why bring up the point of Storm possibly being a Goddess then in the X-Books you knock her out for reason unknown. Why hint that she tapped into power amongst the Gods, but show her weak and low self esteem in the X-Books.

There is NO communication amongst the Editors. Tomorrow Storm can move the cosmos in BP, but in X-Men they throw a rock at her noggin and she’s taking a nap.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 03-13-2018 at 06:20 PM.

Guys... This is only a cover of Storm and the GHOST of Logan. It is probably a mataphorical thing. She might only remember her history with Logan while they are looking for his body. Logan may not even show up in this book, maybe in the final issue if much. You are stressing for assumptions only. This is bad for the skin.

Incredible Member

Nah, its deeper than that Weather. They're right. How can you count any progress when it will just be ignored. Wow....its not limited to Storm its anyone that leaves to the greater Marvel U and comes back. It makes total sense.

So really any feat Rogue, Storm, Cannonball, Sunspot, Dazzler, Blink etc... does out of the X-books is something that they really cannot do in the X-books. All their feats are regulated only to whatever is done by X-books. Very interesting.