Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Obama did not salute the Revolutionary Guard in Iran. No president would have done something like that. This is not like sitting down with a despot and be professional because you want him to cooperate on something.

Also, Trump was asked about the human rights abuses committed by Kim, and he basically brushed them off as "ah, he is a tough guy who had to run a country at a young age." Trump does not care if people are monsters. He envies their power and wants to be like them.
    And, in the case of Kim, Caramel Caligula is salivating at the chance of putting up hotels in Pyongyang, anyone who thinks that wasn't on his agenda are fooling themselves. Kissing the bulbous ass of one of THE worst violators of human rights on the entire fucking planet is no big deal to Trump, not when he considers what he can get in return for all that smooching.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    We both know it's largely not going to be people who look like you that have their citizenship revoked, Mets.

I don't necessarily have a problem with the concept; I just realize how it will be enforced and by whom.

Do you practice being oblivious?
    Nah, he's just one of those people who have embraced tribalism as long as Republicans are in charge.

And that's what surprises me. I know conservative people who are nice and hard working but it seems like the emphasis these days isn't "let's have the best candidate in office" but "let's get someone in regardless of credentials because he's a Republican", and they've reluctantly have accepted this because as we have seen, the Cult of MAGA will eviscerate those who speak against Fearless Leader and support rotten human beings who have embraced Trump as Conservative Jesus.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    Nah, he's just one of those people who have embraced tribalism as long as Republicans are in charge.

And that's what surprises me. I know conservative people who are nice and hard working but it seems like the emphasis these days isn't "let's have the best candidate in office" but "let's get someone in regardless of credentials because he's a Republican", and they've reluctantly have accepted this because as we have seen, the Cult of MAGA will eviscerate those who speak against Fearless Leader and support rotten human beings who have embraced Trump as Conservative Jesus.
    In yet whenever you question Clinton as a flawed candidate you are met with tribalism back with a god complex about how we are in a deseperate situation and we MUST vote Democrat always and always. Then when you point that out you get the shield defense of “blah blah is this a both sides argument!!!!!”.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    In yet whenever you question Clinton as a flawed candidate you are met with tribalism back with a god complex about how we are in a deseperate situation and we MUST vote Democrat always and always. Then when you point that out you get the shield defense of “blah blah is this a both sides argument!!!!!”.
    Shorter Knight:
    "BOTH SIDES!"
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Trump began throwing his lawyer under the bus today.

After over 10 years of fixing things for Trump, he's now, suddenly, a lying snake and always has been.

Good to know.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Trump began throwing his lawyer under the bus today.

After over 10 years of fixing things for Trump, he's now, suddenly, a lying snake and always has been.

Good to know.
    When it comes to Trump, loyalty is a one way street, and once a minion's usefulness to him has been exhausted, that's all she wrote. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if a betrayed Cohen gives Trump the middle finger and sings like Adele to Mueller.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

This "but Hillary!" BS is really getting tedious.
    You're inadvertently poisoning the well we will all need to draw from in November.
    Save the the bickering until until we have the freedom of choice.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Shorter Knight:
    "BOTH SIDES!"
    Aka “I have no real argument against it so my default is claiming a bogus false equivalency or calling everyone mysognists who disagrees with me”.

"How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    Probably, but I wouldn't go out of my way to praise that person after the fact.
    Understandable. While I think Trump is attempting (mostly) to woo Kim over to make negotiations easier, overt praise of his crueler approaches may carry a risk of him fearing following his impulses less than before.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

As a guy who voted Gary Johnson, and knowing the average voter wants to dumb everything down to one or two issues, exploring candidates for their flaws and voting accordingly died a LONG time ago.

That said, I feel like Hillary bitterness needs to go away. What's done is done.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragged Maw View Post
    Understandable. While I think Trump is attempting (mostly) to woo Kim over to make negotiations easier, overt praise of his crueler approaches may carry a risk of him fearing following his impulses less than before.
    You're talking about a guy who mere months ago insulted Kim via twitter and talked about Fire and Fury.

You are giving him way too much credit. Diplomacy is not a part of Trump's deal.

He is being nice to Kim because he has grown to like him.

Hillary was right!

LOL!

Breibart and FOX have been promising us that this was going to blow the Clinton's up!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    LOL!

Breibart and FOX have been promising us that this was going to blow the Clinton's up!
    Predictably, the media is mostly burying the lede and acting as if Comey not adhering to "norms" (whatever that means, it's not a legal term) is the big story. Nothing much has changed for the media since they washed Knight of the Lake's brain in 2016.

Hillary was right!

Press Briefing: When asked by a Reporter if she, as a parent, has any empathy towards the parents whose children are being taken away from them, Sarah showed no emotion and just told him to sit down and move on tot eh next question. So, I guess the answer is no.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.