Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Stay tuned... Shuussh!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I love Betsy watching Brian watching Meggan's excitement.

As the journalist is asking Brian how the repairs to the Manor are progressing, Meggan asks why viewers can see construction workers rebuilding the Manor when it doesn't need rebuilding at all. Brian explains that this is a hologram he programmed with the underground computer, displaying "fake men with phoney machines to rebuild a pretend house." Once the illusion is complete, he'll then drop the hologram. Brian tells the journalist that work should be completed in 18 months.

The twins walk through the house, catching up and reflecting.

He explains it took several weeks to release Emma from the computer's control, as it was a careful process to restore her ability for voluntary action without causing trauma from the separation. Basically, when the Manor was originally thought destroyed by even Brian and no one lived there, the computer controlled Emma until Brian returned after being resurrected. Emma lost a chunk of her life while under its grip but she's better now and the twins, viewing her as family, are happy she's content to continue living at the Manor. They continue their walk through their home.

It's the same goons that suddenly appeared through a portal back at Joan's house.

Too many times she's been unable to help her brother. That ends now.

Betsy's first display of psychic attack. She topples the entire squad at once. Tom's death was the final straw. Tom's death was the catalyst that ignited her.

He's not wrong. This concludes the Mighty World of Marvel strip as everything is set up for the new Captain Britain series by Jamie Delano and Alan Davis, which we'll start covering next week. Stay tuned...

Great panel with Betsy cutting loose.

I did some sketches of Betsy in variations of a few of Brian’s past costumes. I also fiddled a bit with her hairstyles for different looks, but honestly I’m not very good with hair.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post

I did some sketches of Betsy in variations of a few of Brian’s past costumes. I also fiddled a bit with her hairstyles for different looks, but honestly I’m not very good with hair.
    These look really good! Actually I'm really loving the skin-tight version of Brian's MI13 uniform, I think it's a good compromise between a patriotic look and Betsy's more form-fitting, ninja costumes.

You know what, continuing the trend started in Howard's Excalibur, I wouldn't mind it if Betsy donned her Captain Britain armour when adventuring in Otherworld and sported something like the skin-tight suit above when on Earth. I actually like the armored look but it might feel a bit out of place if you're going up against Orchis in space, so I'm down for having the best of both worlds.

I'd forgotten how much Agent Michael from early Captain Britain resembles the BBC's untouchably powerful DJ-cum-presenter and notorious paedophile necrophiliac Sir Jimmy Saville.

These are awesome, thank you for sharing! Fanart Friday is all yours this week.

I'm 100% with Uncanny in loving your version of Brian's MI13 bodysuit for Betsy. That's actually my favorite costume of his and I like the dark blue of yours on his sister. Love her expression there and those two uncolored, large face sketches towards the bottom are stunning.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    I'd forgotten how much Agent Michael from early Captain Britain resembles the BBC's untouchably powerful DJ-cum-presenter and notorious paedophile necrophiliac Sir Jimmy Saville.
    Ugh he's such a creep so that's a fitting comparison. Betsy needs to circle back and kick his ass.

Oh...you are very very good! I love how you have a very unique trait and how you give your models a lot of character.

my favorite is the bottom right one. Is it the MI13 one? Betsy would look very good and sleek in a more tight form costume in darker shades of blue and red. Also, no capes is better for a character who is supposed to be a very physical fighter.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    Oh...you are very very good! I love how you have a very unique trait and how you give your models a lot of character.

my favorite is the bottom right one. Is it the MI13 one? Betsy would look very good and sleek in a more tight form costume in darker shades of blue and red. Also, no capes is better for a character who is supposed to be a very physical fighter.
    Thank you. Yes, the bottom right figure is the MI13 variant, the well-detailed one that most people have mistaken for the MI13 design is actually closest to Spider UK’s costume. I agree about capes just getting in the way for your physical fighter, streamlined is better,imo.

Poor Billy Braddock. I wasn't too familiar with him (nor his costume hence my mixing it up with the MI13 version, my apologies) and was saddened to learn he tragically died after just a few years of publication. Roma gave him an important task and by the time he was able to return home his reality had been destroyed by the Incursions. He sounds like a great character. Being part of the Spider-Verse though, perhaps there's a chance he'll be brought back.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Poor Billy Braddock. I wasn't too familiar with him (nor his costume hence my mixing it up with the MI13 version, my apologies) and was saddened to learn he tragically died after just a few years of publication. Roma gave him an important task and by the time he was able to return home his reality had been destroyed by the Incursions. He sounds like a great character. Being part of the Spider-Verse though, perhaps there's a chance he'll be brought back.
    I'm not really familiar with him either, I was trying to draw the MI13 costume from memory, but ended up with the Spider UK version by chance. They are very similar.

I'm not really familiar with him either, I was trying to draw the MI13 costume from memory, but ended up with the Spider UK version by chance. They are very similar.
    Amazing that you were drawing it from memory! I actually thought they were two versions of the same because there was that cool way Brian's could look blue or black depending how the light hit it. As I was exploring those issues I noticed it was sometimes painted just black. I could see Betsy hidden in the shadows while wearing it.

It's such a great look with the hair and face exposed, probably what I like most about it.

Notes from Alan Davis.

Betsy character design.