Page 150 of 357 FirstFirst ... 50100140146147148149150151152153154160200250 ... LastLast
Results 2,236 to 2,250 of 5350

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    Well.

I suppose there were jump offs from both Priest and Hudlin but there are some massive differences between how I see Wakanda's history and how most of those who've written BP seem to. I had a three year rc in mind that would have split Shuri and T'Challa apart, severed his relationship with the Kingdom for the first year and placed him in conflict with both his own people and the rest of the world for most of the second arc. Shuri would never have got magical powers. Namor would have spent the rest of his life dodging Wakandan assassins.

Like I said. I can't see any way my version would every work with the course Marvel has decided on so, it's basically dead unless I can figure a way to do it as an indie comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post

you thought you could just sneak this in. Just because you're bating a thousand right now does not mean I will let this slide :P
    oh Redjack
    I gotta agree with you. For a three year story, might as well do a New 52 and start over.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    T'Challa and Shuri getting their Batman and Robin on .

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post

you thought you could just sneak this in. Just because you're bating a thousand right now does not mean I will let this slide :P
    oh Redjack
    LOL.

Don't worry, it'll never happen in a Marvel project. It's way too different from where they wanted to go. I didn't get the job, remember?

Dear Redjack,

Instead of that three year story arc splitting T'challa and Shuri up just take what you are doing in the cartoon and transfer it to the comic world and go pick up a fat check!

Often times writers overthink Black Panther on the comic side trying to be all sophisticated and black intellectual like when all you need is straight forward storytelling like what you are doing so well with the cartoon!

Wakanda as a concept is in priced to sell mode where more people want to stay there more than any other place with the occasional globetrotting here or there and some epic intergalactic space travel as icing on the cake!

It's one of the reasons that Avatar sold so well even though the writing was not the best because most people are digging the sci-fi world escapism factor!

As future "Point Man" it's great to inform us of these things so that we can help steer you towards greener pastures because this skeptical crowd here aint feeling the unnecessary detours and will turn on you faster than you san cay T-N-C!

Black Panther as Daredevil already covered the "king on the run trying to prove himself outside the kingdom" and got cancelled just when things were starting to get good!

I personally want you to eat and eat well and not be yet another Black Panther writer passing through and tossed to the side never to be heard from again!

Pay attention to the fans and make a grocery list of people's preferences and give them what they ordered and if you are placed on the comic at some point in your career it's about time that someone had a full blown Claremont type run on Black Panther beyond 100 issues straight with no threat of cancellation!

Ride Wakanda till the wheels fall off...

Get Hectic!

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    Dear Redjack,

Instead of that three year story arc splitting T'challa and Shuri up just take what you are doing in the cartoon and transfer it to the comic world and go pick up a fat check!

Often times writers overthink Black Panther on the comic side trying to be all sophisticated and black intellectual like when all you need is straight forward storytelling like what you are doing so well with the cartoon!

Wakanda as a concept is in priced to sell mode where more people want to stay there more than any other place with the occasional globetrotting here or there and some epic intergalactic space travel as icing on the cake!

It's one of the reasons that Avatar sold so well even though the writing was not the best because most people are digging the sci-fi world escapism factor!

As future "Point Man" it's great to inform us of these things so that we can help steer you towards greener pastures because this skeptical crowd here aint feeling the unnecessary detours and will turn on you faster than you san cay T-N-C!

Black Panther as Daredevil already covered the "king on the run trying to prove himself outside the kingdom" and got cancelled just when things were starting to get good!

I personally want you to eat and eat well and not be yet another Black Panther writer passing through and tossed to the side never to be heard from again!

Pay attention to the fans and make a grocery list of people's preferences and give them what they ordered and if you are placed on the comic at some point in your career it's about time that someone had a full blown Claremont type run on Black Panther beyond 100 issues straight with no threat of cancellation!

Ride Wakanda till the wheels fall off...

Well. Thanks, I think.

I hope people will remember this season of the show because i put my guts into it. As for the Panther ideas I had, i left out a lot of key points in the story so it's no wonder you think it sounds like a rehash of Panther-as-Daredevil or something like that. Nope. By the time I was done, people would have forgotten about characters like Killmonger, Wakanda would have been the most amazing place ever seen in the Marvel universe and there would have been AT LEAST two people legitimately being called Black Panther.

It was a BIG notion. As soon as I figure a way to tell that story without it being Black Panther, I'm still going to tell it.

And I'm going to get Chris Cross to draw it.

Bet.
    Last edited by Redjack; 10-10-2018 at 11:29 PM.

Well.

I suppose there were jump offs from both Priest and Hudlin but there are some massive differences between how I see Wakanda's history and how most of those who've written BP seem to. I had a three year rc in mind that would have split Shuri and T'Challa apart, severed his relationship with the Kingdom for the first year and placed him in conflict with both his own people and the rest of the world for most of the second arc. Shuri would never have got magical powers. Namor would have spent the rest of his life dodging Wakandan assassins.

Like I said. I can't see any way my version would every work with the course Marvel has decided on so, it's basically dead unless I can figure a way to do it as an indie comic.
    Well. Thanks, I think.

I hope people will remember this season of the show because i put my guts into it. As for the Panther ideas I had, i left out a lot of key points in the story so it's no wonder you think it sounds like a rehash of Panther-as-Daredevil or something like that. Nope. By the time I was done, people would have forgotten about characters like Killmonger, Wakanda would have been the most amazing place ever seen in the Marvel universe and there would have been AT LEAST two people legitimately being called Black Panther.

It was a BIG notion. As soon as I figure a way to tell that story without it being Black Panther, I'm still going to tell it.

Bet.
    Interesting. I would read that.
    Last edited by Realdealholy; 10-11-2018 at 02:56 AM.

Well. Thanks, I think.

Bet.
    You know, I wouldn't even care so long as Tchalla, and Wakanda don't get dragged through the mud. And Tchalla is actively taking care of business. I don't agree fully on wanting to forget about Erik as I feel he deserves to be more then just the guy who Tchalla hasn't beaten (though he has) and always dies at the end of the story. Marvel should let you pick up Rise abd let that be your playground to tell your story apart of the 616 still

Take this with a grain of salt but supposedly, the Avengers 4 trailer from the reddit describes a scene where

spoilers:
    we see the Wakandan throne with M'Baku at the helm. He's surrounded by his new kingsguard. (A mix of the hill tribe and Dora Milaje). Shuri and Banner are seen working on a new project in the lab.
    end of spoilers

Not sure if this is true but sounds plausible.

will there be a Panther and Falcon team-up arc anytime soon? It would be a good thing for it to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    Take this with a grain of salt but supposedly, the Avengers 4 trailer from the reddit describes a scene where

spoilers:
    we see the Wakandan throne with M'Baku at the helm. He's surrounded by his new kingsguard. (A mix of the hill tribe and Dora Milaje). Shuri and Banner are seen working on a new project in the lab.
    end of spoilers

Not sure if this is true but sounds plausible.
    I thought this was the most logical route from the second A3 ended. I just figured that if rumors were true about heavy time travel that it'd be a moot point. Buddy needs powers tho, somehow someway

Sam and T'Challa haven't interacted in a long time. Would be nice to see them team-up.
    aka(s). o-bunⓐi-o // ⓓcembⓘrth

Sorry for any misspellings or grammar mistakes

Last edited by Crazed T'Challa x Emma x Namor shipper; Yesterday at 00:00 UM.

Well. Thanks, I think.

Bet.
    I'll admit I always though long term the idea of more that one black panther in the 616 comic universe always seemed doomed to me. Not that I didn't thunk giving it to Shuri short term was a good idea, but I never really thought it would stick.

Still, the effort of at least trying would have been fun. Always thought the stuff Maeberry did with Shuri in the Power arc to build up Shuri was underrated.

Preview for this Sunday's episode: