Page 41 of 79 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast
    Retired Overlord

Taking another bite out of her ice cream bar, Ange eyed the room. "....Ok En....If you wanna say something, I think most of em are full enough to be in the mood."

"Really? Ok....Nervous all of a sudden.....Ahhh........Hello again everyone, My name is En!"

Ange slightly cringes. "We know."

"Firstly, I wanna again express all the thanks I have for what you people in particular did today for us. But....I know a lot of you are still confused about us, wondering if you've done the right thing. The Administratum said that papa was responsible for the ruin in A-9, and they were gonna execute him for it......but that isn't the case at all. Far from it...EN is a organization of researchers, our mandate is the study and eventual elimination of Ruin. We're based outside the city because it's closer to the subject of our research....and because the Administratum doesn't condone our efforts....or anyone leaving the city without their permission. We never take up arms on the level you've seen today.....most of the people who helped you were, just the day before, men and women of learning. The only exception are Gee Gee, Mercer and a few of the hired hands."

"So when Papa was captured.....I didn't know what to do. Everyone pitched in with what they could....because papa was so important to the cause.....but the numbers just weren't in our favor. Then....you guys showed up. You helped us, even though you didn't have to....and because you fought back those witches only......only a few people died....." En paused, sadness seemingly overtaking her for a moment.

"That's why....I want to pay you back for what you've done with more then just free food and a place to stay for the night. I want to offer you a place in EN."

En gave a moment. "EN is not a job, or a freedom fighting movement......we have no quarrel with the administratum by nature. We're a group working together for a common goal....a world free of Ruin, where the world isn't measured by the urban centre limits."

"I want you all to come to our HQ and meet in person....to see for yourself what our organization is, and what it means....and if your still not convinced, thats ok.....I'll see that your compensated in another way and returned to where you can continue your life as is."

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Melon God View Post
    Morgen accepted the plate given to her and proceeded to devour it in a decidedly unlady-like fashion. For the time being, her sense of care had left her -- she felt free for once in her life. She was still a Dupont, but nobody here gave a damn about that. As aggravating as that was, that also meant that she didn't have to hold herself to anybody's standard, and she could simply be herself... whatever that looked like. She watched as Ange set down a box of food at her side.

"More? I was hungry, not starving to death--" She recognized the label immediately. Whenever this was around the house, not even she was allowed to touch it without permission. It might've been shared with her maybe once or twice in her lifetime. And something else clicked, too. What business did this woman have in bringing up her family name? Were they acquainted somehow? They certainly never met before now...

She slowed down her eating and wiped her hands clean. "... You were looking forward to these, weren't you?" she asked, glancing up. "It's okay. There's no shortage of quality treats at the house, I could eat these whenever I wanted." But, more importantly... "A Dupont, yes. It sounds like you have some history with the name. Not bad history I hope, given you've chosen to offer chocolate instead of... a knife between my eyes."
    "Still might if you try telling me to bow again." Ange said offhand and took a bite of her bar. "......No shortage of these huh.....heh.....typical." There was a moment, a split moment, where her tone was almost nostalgic.

With a swift motion she removed another bar from the box and held it out to Morgan. "Don't care if you got em at home...I'm offering you this one. Consider it a gesture of something or other." Ange muttered. "As for knowing the name......Yeah, I know the names of a lot of the rich families in A-11. Used to work up there....."

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Xia unceremoniously dropped several pieces of chicken -this time with proper seasoning - down on the grate. She sat down where she had been before in time to accept the tea from Gumdrop, apparently named Owen. How Kinu got Gumdrop, or Gumshoe or whatever, from Owen was beyond her.

"Thanks, Gumdrop," she said with a nod.

She glanced at Morgen, who apparently remembered she was an grown woman and in fact not a child. She wordlessly placed some chicken and vegetables on a plate and handed it to her. "Eat well. Keep your strength up." They were probably going to need it, if today was any indication.
    Owen grins.

“Gumshoe. Gumdrop feels....squishy.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Cool

Xia let out a long, frustrated sigh. All she wanted to do was enjoy something to eat and the warmth of a fire pit, not sit and listen to all this shit. People having mental breakdowns, idiots hurling random insults completely unprovoked, people trying to act motherly and coddle the kid when she clearly didn't want to deal with any of it. Her head was pounding. "Beer isn't helping," she muttered.

"Unless you're blind," she said to the Dragon, "you'll see there's plenty of food on the pit. I asked her twice if she was hungry, she said no. She'll either starve or get over herself." She shrugged. "Not gonna force her to do something she clearly doesn't want to do." That was exactly it. She had been staring at the food Xia and Kinu had been preparing like an abandoned puppy, but she supposed pride wouldn't allow her to eat food prepared by "lesser" people. The rich and elite of society were something else. It was like they were an entirely different species with how foreign and alien their way of thinking was to her. She supposed the same could be said about her as far as they were concerned.

At any rate, she wasn't going to baby Morgen.

She got up and left to grab more meat to put on the pit. If nothing else, she needed to get away from these people for a bit before she punched someone.
    "Humans. So... touchy." Arx said with a chuckle. "Why pay attention to something I don't need?" Her body sustained itself on Magic; no sense concerning herself with 'proper' food.

"Not a matter of forcing either, sometimes all you need to do is breakdown the barrier." Saying this, she heard a scream... and recalled the snapping of bones.

Almost forgot...

What a night, that was.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "NoNo....Gee Gees Hair color doesn't matter. She'll always be Grey Ghost on the inside. Its the very first codename I ever gave...." En sounded very proud over the radio.

Ice Cream bar now in her mouth, Ange mumbled something inaudible due to the food.

"But Scarlet Spectre.....Yeah I can use that one. Hey is there anyone else in the room that's red?"

Eyes in the room converged on Arx.

"......No....Nobody I can see..." Ange muttered.
    Arx blinked.

"What?"

Morgen accepted the plate given to her and proceeded to devour it in a decidedly unlady-like fashion. For the time being, her sense of care had left her -- she felt free for once in her life. She was still a Dupont, but nobody here gave a damn about that. As aggravating as that was, that also meant that she didn't have to hold herself to anybody's standard, and she could simply be herself... whatever that looked like. She watched as Ange set down a box of food at her side.

"More? I was hungry, not starving to death--" She recognized the label immediately. Whenever this was around the house, not even she was allowed to touch it without permission. It might've been shared with her maybe once or twice in her lifetime. And something else clicked, too. What business did this woman have in bringing up her family name? Were they acquainted somehow? They certainly never met before now...

She slowed down her eating and wiped her hands clean. "... You were looking forward to these, weren't you?" she asked, glancing up. "It's okay. There's no shortage of quality treats at the house, I could eat these whenever I wanted." But, more importantly... "A Dupont, yes. It sounds like you have some history with the name. Not bad history I hope, given you've chosen to offer chocolate instead of... a knife between my eyes."
    Arx watched the girl inhale her meal, and nodded to herself.

"Good..."

Needed to keep that strength up. Needed to keep herself in one piece. On the off chance that Arx was ever in dire, dire straits- Omu and the others gone, or dead already- it wouldn't do for Morgiana to be weak.

Which, Arx supposed... meant she was going to have to look out for her. At least a little while. At this realization, Arx scratched her horn.

"Why... am I so itchy."

Taking another bite out of her ice cream bar, Ange eyed the room. "....Ok En....If you wanna say something, I think most of em are full enough to be in the mood."

"Really? Ok....Nervous all of a sudden.....Ahhh........Hello again everyone, My name is En!"

"Firstly, I wanna again express all the thanks I have for what you people in particular did today for us. But....I know a lot of you are still confused about us, wondering if you've done the right thing. The Administratum said that papa was responsible for the ruin in A-9, and they were gonna execute him for it......but that isn't the case at all. Far from it...EN is a organization of researchers, our mandate is the study and eventual elimination of Ruin. We're based outside the city because it's closer to the subject of our research....and because the Administratum doesn't condone our efforts....or anyone leaving the city without their permission. We never take up arms on the level you've seen today.....most of the people who helped you were, just the day before, men and women of learning. The only exception are Gee Gee, Mercer and a few of the hired hands."

"So when Papa was captured.....I didn't know what to do. Everyone pitched in with what they could....because papa was so important to the cause.....but the numbers just weren't in our favor. Then....you guys showed up. You helped us, even though you didn't have to....and because you fought back those witches only......only a few people died....." En paused, sadness seemingly overtaking her for a moment.

"That's why....I want to pay you back for what you've done with more then just free food and a place to stay for the night. I want to offer you a place in EN."

En gave a moment. "EN is not a job, or a freedom fighting movement......we have no quarrel with the administratum by nature. We're a group working together for a common goal....a world free of Ruin, where the world isn't measured by the urban centre limits."

"I want you all to come to our HQ and meet in person....to see for yourself what our organization is, and what it means....and if your still not convinced, thats ok.....I'll see that your compensated in another way and returned to where you can continue your life as is."
    "I don't care about the organization stuff." Arx responded to the radio. "If you've got more of these vials of liquid magic though, I'll stick around. Easier to drink magic, than chew it out of meat." Of course, chewing it out of meat was her favorite way to pass the time, behind slaughtering people.

... she probably needed a new set of hobbies.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Owen nods.

“I’m interested in at least meeting you, En.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Standing up again, "Most of my interactions have been with Ghost and her team, seeking out what was requested of me." Saint walked closer to Ange, "I never asked questions, as long as I was paid I didn't see the need to do so. I must admit, many of those requests did surprise and occasionally confused me." Addressing En, "Now it begins to make sense. I will not make any promises, however, I would welcome the chance to learn more about your organization."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Default catching up...

"Enough! Enough about me!" she blurted out, standing up from her seat and feeling her face grow hot with embarrassment. Her hands shook slightly, feeling the sensation of eyes upon her. "I am fine. I am not hungry. I am not a kid. For heaven's sake, what does it take to be treated with some respect around here? I've always sympathized with the less fortunate to some degree, but now I'm starting to see the reality... none of you know how to interact with society! It's no wonder you all acclimate to these conditions so quickly."

She pointed to Xia. "You-- telling me, to my face, that you weren't listening. Throwing me across the room back at the terminal. I was quiet about it until now, but that is unacceptable."
    She pointed to Kinu. "And you, standing there like it's none of your business while this feral dragon was making threats on my life..."
    She pointed to Arx. "And don't get me started on you! Am I the crazy one here? There is absolutely nothing right about this situation!"

Taking in panting breaths, Morgen intently surveyed the faces of those gathered around her before eventually controlling her breathing down to a slow. Swallowing uncomfortably, she attempted to fix her already perfectly combed hair out of habit and muscle memory. This wasn't the first time she'd had a meltdown in public, some might guess, but her emotions were out of her hands. She felt herself becoming light-headed, but ignored the onsetting sensation in favor of standing her ground and drawing a line.

"I am trying to help. Maybe that isn't valued here. Fine. I only wanted to know the truth, but I can't say I'm that interested anymore." Morgen tried to hold a strong face, but she couldn't hide the tears building up in the corners of her eyes. She felt stupid, blowing up at a bunch of strangers she'd just met - strangers who were mostly just asking if she was hungry, when her body language very obviously conveyed it. But she just couldn't bring herself to force down her pride. Did she believe her own words? Was she in the wrong? Morgen sniffled and turned her back.
    As the waterworks started, Kinu cringed with suppressed laughter as she tried to choke a last mouthful of beer down.

"...Rosie, why are you pretending to be a victim?"

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "She probably noticed I wasn't going to follow through," Arx noted. "Knew I wouldn't have asked if I didn't already have some kinda idea at the answer." Or at the very least that's what she assumed. Couldn't get a read on the masked one. Fought like something from beyond the wall... but she also wore pants. Kind of.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Selma watched Morgen basically break down silently, taking in her words without a sound until she seemed to have round down to tears. Moving over to Morgen, Selma put a hand on her shoulder and said calmly "That's good, let it out. We're dealing with a lot, and I can see you are too."

Turning a glare to Arx, Selma added "And don't worry, if you need it I'll make sure the people-eating lizard woman doesn't hurt you."
    Soon they and the Dragon were joined around the fireput by another face. One of the Niners, and this one was spoiling for a fight ever since claws n' jaws burst up from the cell block.

"Just tending the fire to grill. Our host scrounged up some decent grub, but that tin can in the kitchen ain't hot enough," Kinu said, still seated lazily close to Xia as she crushed the can in her grasp "If a problem comes my way, I'd solve it. And we're not going to have a problem, are we?"

Xia unceremoniously dropped several pieces of chicken -this time with proper seasoning - down on the grate. She sat down where she had been before in time to accept the tea from Gumdrop, apparently named Owen. How Kinu got Gumdrop, or Gumshoe or whatever, from Owen was beyond her.

"Thanks, Gumdrop," she said with a nod.

She glanced at Morgen, who apparently remembered she was an grown woman and in fact not a child. She wordlessly placed some chicken and vegetables on a plate and handed it to her. "Eat well. Keep your strength up." They were probably going to need it, if today was any indication.
    Morgen felt a hand on her shoulder, and its warmth reassured her. But, she hated the feeling of being comforted. Even more, she hated the feeling of being left in such a vulnerable state in the presence of so many onlookers. She'd gone and made a scene in front of everyone, after all. What else did she expect? The humiliation alone was searing enough, but that it was by her own hand was the real nail in the coffin. Numbly, she took the tea offered to her and thanked him, but wasn't sure if any words actually left her mouth. As she sipped the tea, again, she felt warmth.

"I'll have some food," she said quietly. A momentary lapse in her pride. Her mind told her it was weakness, but her gut told her it was a learning experience. Somewhere deep inside, she knew that no matter how much she tried to fake it, she could never be like them. But she'd told herself time and time again, that appealing to them was all she could do. There was no miraculous found family here, nor the spirit of some self-sustaining entrepreneur dormant inside of her.

Look what you've done now. It takes a special kind of idiot to make a fool of yourself in such a spectacular fashion. Forget respect, you'll be lucky to be offered even pity now.

Morgen sniffled deeply, having briefly forgotten that she was still crying. Maybe the tea snapped her out of it. Either way, now she was really glad Lucia never came. She may have been the nicer of her siblings, but if she was caught looking like this, she'd be worse than disowned. Shuri would bust a gut laughing over that, she was sure...

She slapped both of her cheeks a few good times. Alright, enough with the pity party. Do you want people to take you seriously or not? You're behind the curve now, so you better make your actions count from here on out.
    Picking herself up and dusting herself off, she took her seat once more by the fire and helped herself to what was left on the griddle.

"I apologize for... all that," Morgen said sheepishly, side-eyeing Ange. "I haven't been in a good place as of late, to be honest. And for earlier as well, on the rooftop... must be high and mighty of me to demand apologies without giving any."
    Cutting apart a quarter piece of mystery meat okonomiyaki, Kinu slid Morgen a plate as well.

"Heh. All you had to do was ask, y'know," she chuckled. "It ain't rich or refined to choke yourself outta what you need."

"...Hmm..."Ange eyed her for a moment, cocked her head to one side and sighed. "......its alright. To be honest, I've dealt with the type alot in the past....your a Dupont right?"

Standing up, Ange seemed to consider her again for a moment.....and then her form vanished.

A moment later she reappeared next to her....and with a moments hesitation, planted a box of ice cream chocolate bars on the floor next to her. "......Here.....got these from a specialty shop in the high end sector. Costs a lot....so you only get one."

Morgan would recognize it was a very high quality brand, one that often found its way into her home at her mothers request.
    Reaching over and behind Morgen, Kinu clamped her hand on the edge of the box.

"Make it two."

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Soon they and the Dragon were joined around the fireput by another face. One of the Niners, and this one was spoiling for a fight ever since claws n' jaws burst up from the cell block.

"Just tending the fire to grill. Our host scrounged up some decent grub, but that tin can in the kitchen ain't hot enough," Kinu said, still seated lazily close to Xia as she crushed the can in her grasp "If a problem comes my way, I'd solve it. And we're not going to have a problem, are we?"
    "As long as you're not in my line of sight when I'm starving," Arx replied. "Or are a Witch." Just how many more times would she have to say it? "Don't care enough to cause trouble past that. If wanted to be a Heel, you think I'd have insulted Mor-gi-ana; and not tried to help, mm?" The Dragon shrugged her shoulders, and flashed a toothy grin.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Listening to the message across the radio, Kinu heard out En speak out about...EN, and their stable. Although she said one thing, what she saw today conveyed something different.

"No wonder the Admins see you as a threat, sounds like someone ain't doing what they've been told," she remarked, "But see, I have a little problem."

"Even if today was your first time, working toward your common goal with your bombs and your guns, as far as they're concerned your people were the ones that started shooting. Image is something PR is very selective about, remember the 241 survivors? If you wanted to convince them, it won't be done by half-assing it, En."

"So tell me another one, the same way you're gonna tell the survivors of A-9 to their faces once you pull them out of the city limits. What proof do you have that...the cause...is worth all of this?"

Between the plate in front of her, the extra plate handed to her by the wrestler, and the ice cream bar pushed into her hand, Morgen was starting to feel a little ridiculous.

"T-thanks."

She still felt a mild sting after being told she was pretending to be a victim, but emotionally she was too exhausted to take it personally. She couldn't make up her mind about it. All of her attention-seeking behavior built a case for it more than anything, she wanted sympathy and respect and compassion, but she didn't understand how to earn it. All she knew how to do, was half-heartedly mimic the footsteps of people who seemed so much bigger than her.

Maybe that was part of the appeal of becoming a witch. Regain some sense of control in her life, when she felt she had nothing to prove herself by. Regardless of what the dragon said, she still fully intended on enlisting as one when she was ready. They didn't always garner a positive reputation for themselves, but she couldn't let herself be defined by the worst of their lot. She knew she could be one of the good ones... like her.

"The world I live in..." she began, addressing Kinu. "It's a complicated one. It starts putting... ideas in your head, ideas I'm not sure I agree with yet. But right now it's all I know -- and I feel like I'll fall apart without it to guide me. That's kind of how I feel right now. Once I pick myself up again, I know I'll be my usual self. So, I apologize in advance for anything I do or say that's out of line. I don't mean it. Probably."

"As long as you're not in my line of sight when I'm starving," Arx replied. "Or are a Witch." Just how many more times would she have to say it? "Don't care enough to cause trouble past that. If wanted to be a Heel, you think I'd have insulted Mor-gi-ana; and not tried to help, mm?" The Dragon shrugged her shoulders, and flashed a toothy grin.
    Reaching over the grating on the fire, Kinu turned over a butterflied chicken breast. Grease hit the flame, and the grill pressed a neat, blackened char into golden-browned skin.

"Judging by the chunk you took outta Vivianne, I'd think it'd be obvious to anyone with eyes in their head you ain't a witch," she replied, "But with this creepshow act you got sniffing at the nearest sources of magic, you're helping out Morgen just like I'm helping out this chicken."

Between the plate in front of her, the extra plate handed to her by the wrestler, and the ice cream bar pushed into her hand, Morgen was starting to feel a little ridiculous.

"T-thanks."

She still felt a mild sting after being told she was pretending to be a victim, but emotionally she was too exhausted to take it personally. She couldn't make up her mind about it. All of her attention-seeking behavior built a case for it more than anything, she wanted sympathy and respect and compassion, but she didn't understand how to earn it. All she knew how to do, was half-heartedly mimic the footsteps of people who seemed so much bigger than her.

Maybe that was part of the appeal of becoming a witch. Regain some sense of control in her life, when she felt she had nothing to prove herself by. Regardless of what the dragon said, she still fully intended on enlisting as one when she was ready. They didn't always garner a positive reputation for themselves, but she couldn't let herself be defined by the worst of their lot. She knew she could be one of the good ones... like her.

"The world I live in..." she began, addressing Kinu. "It's a complicated one. It starts putting... ideas in your head, ideas I'm not sure I agree with yet. But right now it's all I know -- and I feel like I'll fall apart without it to guide me. That's kind of how I feel right now. Once I pick myself up again, I know I'll be my usual self. So, I apologize in advance for anything I do or say that's out of line. I don't mean it. Probably."
    Affluent as she was, it seems Morgen, too was caught up in a web of baggage. Don't matter what rung you're on if you still feel like you gotta climb to the top.

"Heh. Isn't that always the way," she said, "The more you want to stand out, the more you gotta fall in." Civilization. Crowds up the streets just as well as it crowds up the mind.

In this brief, candid peek behind the veil, the lacy noble rose who pushed herself into common business earlier today offered an advance apology for things she hadn't done yet. For acting in a manner unbecoming for a decent person, like she knew she was going to fall into that trap of personality as sure as a three-count would break the proudest of grapplers.

Do or say anything out of line?

"...and who says that you will?"

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

They were a group of int...tell...lect...uals... smarties who were researching, she assumed, the Ruin together along with Mercer. How that translated to setting off bombs and blowing up bridges was beyond her, but she supposed that was the only course available when the Big Bosses arrested their boss and intended on framing him for the destruction of A9 and executing him to keep him quiet. Desperate times, desperate measures and all that. Now, they were on the wrong side of the law and still had this grand mystery of what really happened to A9 on their hands.

En, who curiously had the same name as the organization, offered to let them live their lives if what was going on with EN wasn't up to par as far as they were concerned. Xia had already decided to give them a listen. The mystery intrigued her, and there was still quite a bit left to shake loose from the shadows. The only problem was critical thinking - or thinking in general - wasn't really her strong suit. She was more of a fighter, not a filosofizer. Context clues and evidence really didn't mean much to her unless it was explained in a way she could understand.

Then again, there was almost a guaranteed rematch between them and those two Witches at some point in the future. She was stronger and better now than she was back then. She was ready for Blue and her friend. Wouldn't hurt to at least give it a shot for a bit. She feared that once she was in, she was in for the long haul, but she would cross that bridge when she got to it.

"Fine," she said to En's proposal. "I'll help for now."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Reaching over the grating on the fire, Kinu turned over a butterflied chicken breast. Grease hit the flame, and the grill pressed a neat, blackened char into golden-browned skin.

"Judging by the chunk you took outta Vivianne, I'd think it'd be obvious to anyone with eyes in their head you ain't a witch," she replied, "But with this creepshow act you got sniffing at the nearest sources of magic, you're helping out Morgen just like I'm helping out this chicken."
    "You'd be wrong," the grin widened. "Though current and past-tense are fickle things."

As for the heart of why she chose to help Morgen? She could only shrug, and scratch an itch. "You're not wrong... I live in a world surrounded by 'chicken' and it makes me as hungry as you cooking that breast." And yet, there was something more. "I like to keep my options open, but provided this vial contains a proper meal I've got no need." Plus, assmuing this En thing wasn't a load of hot shit, she'd get three hots, a cot... and thinking about it?

"I keep in this line of work, I'll have my fill of Witches anyway."

Arx Inosaan

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Owen grins.

“Gumshoe. Gumdrop feels....squishy.”
    Xia could have answered him with a snarky remark about how a Witch's son couldn't be regarded as squishy, but with the Dragon right within earshot, that wouldn't have been wise. Instead, she simply breathed out a chuckle. "Gumshoe." Weird nickname, one who's significance or meaning went over her head.

And speaking of the Dragon...

"Humans. So... touchy." Arx said with a chuckle. "Why pay attention to something I don't need?" Her body sustained itself on Magic; no sense concerning herself with 'proper' food.

"Not a matter of forcing either, sometimes all you need to do is breakdown the barrier." Saying this, she heard a scream... and recalled the snapping of bones.

Almost forgot...

What a night, that was.
    "Hm," she replied with a sigh. She moved to start flipping over the seasoned chicken pieces to let the top side tasted the fire below. "If you weren't helping for completely selfish reasons, I'd let this go." She gave the Dragon a sidelong glance, then returned her watchful gaze to the fire as it licked the meat on the grate. "Keeping a stash good and healthy, just in case that gunk Mulvric gave you runs out. The roach will probably put up a better fight than this one will." She fell silent, and contented to listen to the flames crackle and pop.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

He hears all that has gone down. “ Researchers huh? Hell I will join just for that.” Then goes back to being quiet.